DIsneylandForward project passes major hurdle

I like Brickey's idea as well to make more theme park space, but not sure Pandora is what I would put there. I don't think it'll vibe well between Hollywood & Marvel, & hopefully they don't remove Hollywoodland!!

We all could be. ;)
But we should get to see a ton of it, just not to completion.

I believe it is a 30 year plan (lots of stuff would obviously happen much sooner).

Dang! I hadn't really thought about that. I guess in my head, I was thinking more like 10-15 years. I'll be in my mid-70s in 30 years. Crazy to think about.

I'm reading all of this with interest. The most compelling point that occurred to me is that I'll likely be dead before it happens, which is an odd thought.
Hey, you never know!
Yes, hopefully so! I mean, in 10 years I'll be in my late 70s, so it does kind of kick me in the gut to think about how much of it I'll be around for and/or will be able to enjoy!
As Chili327 said, we all could be gone by then. Life is so uncertain... However I think with a good attitude, it can help a lot. I mean, look at the clapping man aka Peter Tu. I believe he celebrated his 90th a few years ago. 😉

Hey, you never know!

As Chili327 said, we all could be gone by then. Life is so uncertain... However I think with a good attitude, it can help a lot. I mean, look at the clapping man aka Peter Tu. I believe he celebrated his 90th a few years ago. 😉

My great-grandma lived to be 109. I mean, she wouldn't have been able to handle Disneyland the last decade or so but was still fairly active in her 90s!
Hey, you guys really made my day!! I keep telling my kids I will keep going to Disneyland as long as I'm able, and they're all happy to assist me, ha ha!!

I don't know what they'll think about my Star Wars outfits, though....

Hey, you guys really made my day!! I keep telling my kids I will keep going to Disneyland as long as I'm able, and they're all happy to assist me, ha ha!!

You're never too old to be Yoda, Obi-Wan or Aunt Beru!

When I'm too old to walk around the parks all day I'll enjoy sitting on benches, riding the train or main Street vehicles and going on Peter Pan twice a day.

You'll be all set going when you're 80, DizMe. :)

Last edited:
You're never too old to be Yoda, Obi-Wan or Aunt Beru!

When I'm too old to walk around the parks all day I'll enjoy sitting on benches, riding the train or main Street vehicles and going on Peter Pan twice a day.

You'll be all set going when you're 80, DizMe. :)
Well....my head doesn't seem to get that I'm old. I got some stuff to wear for both day and night of our SW event and it isn't exactly the "aging gracefully" kind of thing I should be going for. But it's like I forget! I do wonder what I'll be picking out when I go to the parks in 20 years 8-)

You're right, though--I plan to go to DLR for as long as I can get through the gates. It will be fun to see how we both evolve in that time frame!

I've heard a lot about people putting, or trying to put, ashes of their loved ones in rides. It's very rude and it will cause a ride to be shutdown. I believe most are caught, but I'm not sure what they could do about someone dropping ashes into the water. I imagine it would find its way through whatever system they use to keep the water clean?

But in any case, that's not a plan I'd ever want enacted. I'd probably be stuck in Small World and that song would be my eternal ear worm.

I love the Monorail.....but if we could get new E ticket rides because its moved.....then I'll take it

Not for everyone I know but that's alot of space for a transportation ride. They could also re-route it but doubt they would pay for that

But i think we are many years from a TL redo

My mom is 85 and still loves going to Disneyland (and WDW). We do go slower when she is with me and she needs the wheelchair in the park, but that is ok, we are spending time together doing something we love! She is planning for her 90th in he parks in about 4.5 more years. She is welcome to come with me anytime as long as she wants. We have met Peter Tu (aka the clapping man) many times in the park and another woman at least 2 years in a row on her birthday, and they are both in their 90s.

My mom is 85 and still loves going to Disneyland (and WDW). We do go slower when she is with me and she needs the wheelchair in the park, but that is ok, we are spending time together doing something we love! She is planning for her 90th in he parks in about 4.5 more years. She is welcome to come with me anytime as long as she wants. We have met Peter Tu (aka the clapping man) many times in the park and another woman at least 2 years in a row on her birthday, and they are both in their 90s.
This made my day!! Thank you for sharing. You and your mom sound like special people 🥰

My mom has always loved Disney parks but she hasn't been a lot. Now she says she's too "old" and out of shape to go. I keep trying to tell her to come with us sometime and just keep an ECV but she won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter