Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

Bumping this, since I'm probably not the only one who didn't even know it existed! If you've been at the ASMu Family Suites lately, do you remember if there was a freezer section in the fridge? Somewhere recently I read a comment along the lines of, "Now that the fridges don't have freezers..." Before we place our grocery order, I'd like to know if I need to stick to shelf-stable snacks for the parks or if I'll be able to freeze our ice packs. Thanks!

The current rooms do have the small freezer as mentioned above. But I wonder if that will change when they get around to refurbishing these. I will probably be booking one for July 2019, so I am very curious if these will be refurbished this year (and by then)...

We are booked for 8 nights in December. I was wondering what the status was on the refurb. From what I can tell they haven't started at Music yet. Does anyone know anything different? We stayed in the family suites in July 2017 and, while the pullout couch and chair weren't terrible, I was looking forward to having actual beds this time. Just trying to see if it will likely be done by our trip.

We are booked for 8 nights in December. I was wondering what the status was on the refurb. From what I can tell they haven't started at Music yet. Does anyone know anything different? We stayed in the family suites in July 2017 and, while the pullout couch and chair weren't terrible, I was looking forward to having actual beds this time. Just trying to see if it will likely be done by our trip.

The refurb work started in Movies a while back. The construction there has stopped for a while with the reason being the holidays or at least what's what the speculation is. More than likely, they won't begin working on Music until they are done with Movies which could be a while.

The refurb work started in Movies a while back. The construction there has stopped for a while with the reason being the holidays or at least what's what the speculation is. More than likely, they won't begin working on Music until they are done with Movies which could be a while.
Have you seen the concept art for the rehab on the Suites ? I have searched and can’t find anything I’m wondering if they will change the sleeping configuration to look like AOA or keep it the same .

Does anyone think that at least part of Music will be refurbished by August? I switched from Sports to Music hoping for a refurbished room.

Does anyone think that at least part of Music will be refurbished by August? I switched from Sports to Music hoping for a refurbished room.

It all depends on when they start back up on Movies. I would say that if they start back up in the next few weeks, then yes I would expect at least 1 building of Music to be completed by August.

It all depends on when they start back up on Movies. I would say that if they start back up in the next few weeks, then yes I would expect at least 1 building of Music to be completed by August.
Thanks, I will be crossing my fingers that they will start back up soon.
Prayers always help! :hourglass

Hi,

Posted this on main resorts page but it got no takers, lol.

Any opinions out there about how fast these sell out? Planning a trip for Feb 2020 and need a space for 5 (4 adults).

I know I could book room only now but honestly I don’t have the hours it seems to take to get through on the phone line. I’d like to wait until online booking opens up this spring but I am a little concerned with how fast these might book.

Any thoughts? Are there a lot of the suites?

Kandy the rooms don't sell out too fast. I'd imagine booking in the spring would be fine.

Hi,

Any opinions out there about how fast these sell out? Planning a trip for Feb 2020 and need a space for 5 (4 adults).

I know I could book room only now but honestly I don’t have the hours it seems to take to get through on the phone line. I’d like to wait until online booking opens up this spring but I am a little concerned with how fast these might book.

Hi,

You'll be fine waiting until rack rates come out in June or July.

I posted the following on the ASMu thread before I realized this one existed. Any feedback is appreciated.
I was planning on AoA suite week before Presidents Day 2020, but family has me considering ASMu family suite (purely for $ reasons). We will only be 4 (me, DH, DS17, DS13), but youngest is a kicker so 3 sleeping surfaces is a must. Aside from not having the Skyliner for HS and E, my biggest concern is about large groups (school events, tour groups, sport tournaments, etc) adding to the resort noise and chaos. Anyone have experience that time of year? Other thoughts?

So they have officially started renovations in Music. Starting with Calypso, so I wonder if they are doing the suites while doing that building? Can't wait to see what they look like when they do get around to renovating them.

Are the sofa beds and ottoman sleepers as uncomfortable as they look?

Maybe it depends who's sleeping on them? My kids (15, 12, and 9 on our stay at AsMu) thought they were fine when we were there in November. We'd read ahead of time that the ottoman had a thinner mattress than the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair, so we brought a blow up bed just in case. DD was 9.5 and about 95 lbs at the time, and she chose the ottoman over the blow up mattress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter