Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm leaning toward yes!lol:)

27740674594_104c4b9788_c.jpg

Ha. Thanks everyone! We will take our chances and not bother with the cooler.

This is our first time staying at a value since they added fridges. Looks like they are much colder than the ones at the mod/deluxe resorts.

Just back from staying at ASSp and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. We were in the Home Run section near the pool, but the room was so dark and dim it looked really dingy. It was clean though. The outlets were awful, hair dryers and curling irons kept falling out with the slightest movement. These rooms are in need of a real refurb for sure! I've stayed at Movies twice and they were much brighter and nicer. We had other issues as well (like them not texting us until way after we were in a room and checking us into an occupied room at first), not major but a little aggravating. That being said, the staff was nice (except for the woman who checked us in) and it wasn't a total disaster. I think I'll write a more detailed review on the trip report site. I will probably never choose this particular hotel for a future trip.

Ha. Thanks everyone! We will take our chances and not bother with the cooler.

This is our first time staying at a value since they added fridges. Looks like they are much colder than the ones at the mod/deluxe resorts.
They ARE cold. We had bought some watermelon and pineapple chunks and they actually froze!

Just back from staying at ASSp and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. We were in the Home Run section near the pool, but the room was so dark and dim it looked really dingy. It was clean though. The outlets were awful, hair dryers and curling irons kept falling out with the slightest movement. These rooms are in need of a real refurb for sure! I've stayed at Movies twice and they were much brighter and nicer. We had other issues as well (like them not texting us until way after we were in a room and checking us into an occupied room at first), not major but a little aggravating. That being said, the staff was nice (except for the woman who checked us in) and it wasn't a total disaster. I think I'll write a more detailed review on the trip report site. I will probably never choose this particular hotel for a future trip.
Wow, what a difference a day makes.

Our room was bright and cheery. We decorated our window and door. (Dory, in case you walked by us.) Although I didn't use an outlet near the sink, my computer and scooter were fine while plugged in.

They sent us a text about an hour before we arrived on property, to a clean empty room. And as you said, all of the cast members were excellent.

Wow, what a difference a day makes.

Our room was bright and cheery. We decorated our window and door. (Dory, in case you walked by us.) Although I didn't use an outlet near the sink, my computer and scooter were fine while plugged in.

They sent us a text about an hour before we arrived on property, to a clean empty room. And as you said, all of the cast members were excellent.
The location might have made a difference, we were in the wing before the pool area so it was very wooded but I just couldn't believe how gloomy the lighting was! We were actually facing the back of one of the Football wings. All the outlets were loose. I did notice some decorated windows, but I don't recall a Dory! Wish I had seen it! :)

We have stayed at All Star Sports many times and have enjoyed our stay each time...however this next trip on check out day our flight doesn't leave until 6:00pm...I know Magic Express has you to the airport 4hrs ahead which would mean a 2:00 hotel departure yet check out is at 11:00....we can go to the park as I have an extra park day but will the hotel hold our luggage in storage or does check out time get extended?...please help if you have an answer/solution

We have stayed at All Star Sports many times and have enjoyed our stay each time...however this next trip on check out day our flight doesn't leave until 6:00pm...I know Magic Express has you to the airport 4hrs ahead which would mean a 2:00 hotel departure yet check out is at 11:00....we can go to the park as I have an extra park day but will the hotel hold our luggage in storage or does check out time get extended?...please help if you have an answer/solution

Yes, the resort will hold your bags. :goodvibes

I know at one time you could ask for late check out. If I recall it was 1pm. It's been few years so I don't know if they still do this.

Dec 13-17th it will be MIL, myself and my 2 young kids. This is the first time I have ever stayed at a value resort. This will be MIL's first trip to Disney World. She went to DL many many moons ago. I am excited. How has been the bus transportation at that resort? Do you find it to be more busier We will probably do lots of driving actually since the kids are young but wanted to leave it as an option.

Did not know that...I will check into that as well...Thanks

Yup. You will have to check with housekeeping to see if it's possible. If they say yes, you will get up to 1PM at no charge. Up to 3PM at 50% rack rate for that night. And any later full rack rate for that night.

Your airline may also participate in the Resort Airline Check-in where you can have your bags checked through to the airport for you. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-airline-check-in/

Yup. You will have to check with housekeeping to see if it's possible. If they say yes, you will get up to 1PM at no charge. Up to 3PM at 50% rack rate for that night. And any later full rack rate for that night.

When we got late check out a few years ago we got the ok from the front desk.

When we got late check out a few years ago we got the ok from the front desk.

Yeah, housekeeping gives the Front Desk a list of rooms that can have late check out. But sometimes the front desk CM doesn't know to check the list and will either just say no or will say to contact housekeeping. So I always just call them.

Yeah, housekeeping gives the Front Desk a list of rooms that can have late check out. But sometimes the front desk CM doesn't know to check the list and will either just say no or will say to contact housekeeping. So I always just call them.

Good to know.

Yes, super helpful information! We have not needed a late checkout on any of hour trips, but are thinking we may need one for our upcoming split stay. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter