Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just doing some reading on Trip Advisor and have a few questions...

Are the bathrooms really dark and tiny (not really a huge issue but curious)? Any problems with room service? Also saw some complaints about bed bugs, yikes!!!

I have only stayed in the 1 bdr villas at AK so I cannot address the hotel room's bathroom size and I have never gotten room service but as to the bedbugs, I can assure you Disney handles these situations with the utmost seriousness & swiftness. I tend to dismiss any reports of bedbugs at any Disney resort. The only thing I can recommend is anyone just checking in is to put luggage in tub and do a thorough check of the bed for bedbugs, but that is my recommendation for any hotel.

30 days till our next stay at AKL! May 27th through June 4th for my daughters graduation celebration.

90 days till our next Anniversary trip also at AKL our favorite resort. July 25th - July 31st!

Ah! I can't remember if I put my dates on this forum or the old one...:confused3
But we are booked December 10-16! First time at a deluxe and we are so excited!:dancer:oh and we check in on my birthday!

Staying Oct 9-14. Jambo House Studio Villa.

Quick question....why is the Studio Villa the same price as the Standard room (Savannah views)?

We stayed there a couple years ago in a Standard room savannah view, and I was going to do the same this year. I was surprised that the Deluxe Studio was only $3 more per night.

Is this odd, or is there just not that big a difference between the two?

Booked a standard view with the FD promo. What views should I expect? Anything I should request? We have never stayed at AKL before.

Jambo! We have 1BR Savannah View for June 1-5 and I need to request a room. Are 1BR on the 5th floor only? Can I request a specific room number or do I have to say NW view or something similar?
Many thanks!

Thanks! I figured I'd come back and update :)
The room was number 5102. I will say it was a very CONVENIENT location, basically step outside the elevators and the room is right there!
But from immediately outside the room you could hear the drumming and general commotion of the lobby. Inside the room, we went to the balcony and there is a large wall blocking the view of the porte cochere...so essentially you are almost completely enclosed.
I went down to the lobby and asked (nicely) if there were any alternatives available. The cast member was very nice and offered us a room with bunk beds (I had paid for just a standard 2 queen) which was great since my two sons were with me--they could have shared a queen bed, but they would be happier split into the bunk beds.
The room she offered us was way down almost on the very end of the 3rd floor Kudu trail, on the side that faces Kidani. While it wasn't a true "savanna view"--we DID see tons of animals from our balcony, which was awesome! It did also have a view of some kind of ugly fencing/building (not Kidani, but some type of supply or maintenance building?)--but since I only paid for a standard view, I can't complain.
It was a long hike from the lobby to our room, but it was also very quiet, which is exactly what I wanted.
.....well, I'm glad that it worked out for you! We stayed in one of the Kudu Trail rooms [the 2nd to the last door, to be exact] and I personally didn't care for the long walk, but I have knee problems....thanks for the info about the standard-view room too...:thumbsup2

The room was number 5102. I will say it was a very CONVENIENT location, basically step outside the elevators and the room is right there!
But from immediately outside the room you could hear the drumming and general commotion of the lobby...
....sounds to me [no pun intended :) ] like the ambient noise experienced was 'inside' noise rather than the noise from outdoors.....is that a fair assessment?

Jambo! We have 1BR Savannah View for June 1-5 and I need to request a room. Are 1BR on the 5th floor only? Can I request a specific room number or do I have to say NW view or something similar?
Many thanks!
June

Mlunsford, May 28th - 3rd, AKV

meech Loves Mickey, 1st - 5th, AKL

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

pktbMouse, 9th - 11th, AKL

Rcraw45425, 9th - 12th AKL

NatureBoyChris, 9th - 15th, AKL

GeraldineW, 10th - 15th, AKL

Cluelyss, 11th - 14th, AKL

Momtwofour, 12th - 21st, AKL

Shellyb84, 21st - 24th, AKL

Tallent, 22nd, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - Jul 6th, Jambo House

Tanyali26, 28th - Jul 3rd, AKL

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2017 & 2018

If you have any updates please let me know…

May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Jessrose, 4th - 12th, AKV

Disney1474, 6th - 13thAKV & Poly

Traceylee, 6th - 14th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Loveshak22, 8th - 11th, AKL

Poohs65, 12th - 19th, AKL

CanadianAli, 15th - 22nd, Kidani

Jbcheerchick93, 18th - 21st, AKL & WL

Got15, 18th - 23rd, AKL CL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

Rlduvall, 29th - Jun 5th, AKV

June

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Tallent, 22nd, AKL

July

Disneyvoice, 15th - 22nd, AKL

Jump00, 19th - 26th, AKL

Karenklo, 23rd - 29th, AKL

August

Minnesota!, 1st - 8th, AKL

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

JodyLynC, 8th - 10th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, VGF

Choppygirl, 19th - Sep 2nd, AKL

Lttlmc3, 21st - 25th, AKL

Suse66, 21st - 28th, Jambo

King of Naboombu, 19th - 28th, AKL

Cheryterese, 22nd - 24th, YC & AKL

Grmnshplvr, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Minnieloves4, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Cinderelly911, 27th - Sep 3rd, AKL

September

Tk0021, 1st - 5th, AKL

Rhody Red, 5th - 15th, AKL

Shanethesaint88, 9th - 17th, AKL

Wdw4rfam, 10th - 18th, Kidani

Rlk0875, 13th - 17th, Jambo House

October

DisneyWillow1975, Sep 30th - Oct 7th, AKL

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Duder92, 9th - 14th, Jambo House

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

DizDad7, 3rd - 11th, SSR

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Disraavenlaur, 8th - 16th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL

January

TeeterTots, 5th - 8th, AKL

Gillep, 3rd - 10th, AKL

Hosler427, 17th - 27th, Kidani

The Lucky Bug, 21st - 27th, AKV

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

October

November

December

Hi, this morning I booked a Jambo House Villa - Studio w/ Savannah View for 10/22-10/28. I am still confused by the difference between this and a standard Savannah view from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Jambo House and AKL are listed as 2 different resorts on the Disney booking site, with Kidani Village as a 3rd. My Googling comes up with lots of talk about DVC, but villas at both Kidani and Jambo house are available through the regular Disney website. So are the Villas rooms that were originally DVC and have been converted to regular rooms? Is Jambo House and Animal Kingdom Lodge literally the same building(s)?

AKL is Jambo and Kidani. Jambo was the original build and was always a mix of villas and stardard resort style rooms. Kidani was built more recently and is all villas.

Any WDW DVC resort has a percentage of villas that are available for reservations directly through the WDW reservation system. These are termed "cash" since they are not "points" through DVC directly.

The big difference between a studio and a standard is the setup. The studio has a kitchenette, king bed and sleeper sofa. The standard room has either a king bed and sleeper sofa or 2 queen beds and only has the mini fridge and small coffee pot.

I booked at AKL with a Savanna view. In the description of this room category, it says "views of one of the savannas." What are the savannas that are in this category? I have never stayed at AKL before and have been trying to familiarize myself with everything over the last few days, but am still confused. Additionally, the room I was able to get was a room with a queen and two bunk beds. My husband and I will be sharing a room with my daughter and friend (both college students). We don't really want the bunk beds, but that was the only thing available with the savanna view, with the exception of a savanna view with club level access. I, further, notice that that room with club level access notes "Arusha Savanna." What is the difference between that savanna and what I would get if I stayed with the non club level access room with savanna view?

I will be there August 18th - 27th. First time staying here and booked a 2 bedroom villa savanna view. So excited!!!

Hi, this morning I booked a Jambo House Villa - Studio w/ Savannah View for 10/22-10/28. I am still confused by the difference between this and a standard Savannah view from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Jambo House and AKL are listed as 2 different resorts on the Disney booking site, with Kidani Village as a 3rd. My Googling comes up with lots of talk about DVC, but villas at both Kidani and Jambo house are available through the regular Disney website. So are the Villas rooms that were originally DVC and have been converted to regular rooms? Is Jambo House and Animal Kingdom Lodge literally the same building(s)?
October

DisneyWillow1975, Sep 30th - Oct 7th, AKL

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Duder92, 9th - 14th, Jambo House

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Shannie102, 14th - 18th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Ameetee, 22nd - 28th, AKL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

I will be there August 18th - 27th. First time staying here and booked a 2 bedroom villa savanna view. So excited!!!
August

Minnesota!, 1st - 8th, AKL

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

JodyLynC, 8th - 10th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

MISSYLEXI, 18th - 27th, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, VGF

Choppygirl, 19th - Sep 2nd, AKL

Lttlmc3, 21st - 25th, AKL

Suse66, 21st - 28th, Jambo

King of Naboombu, 19th - 28th, AKL

Cheryterese, 22nd - 24th, YC & AKL

Grmnshplvr, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Minnieloves4, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Cinderelly911, 27th - Sep 3rd, AKL

Party of 9, staying in two 2BR Villas, Kidani, June 3-9, 2018
June

Bwbuddy5, 3rd - 9th, Kidani

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Tallent, 22nd, AKL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter