Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone recommend a nemo room?

When we stayed in a Nemo suite I was looking for a room that would be close to everything (we were spoiled by very conveniently located suites in the LK section on our previous visits) but would still be quiet. I chose a room on the first floor of Building 5 that was in the hallway that juts out towards the LK section. I requested 5518 and we ended up in 5520 (I really didn't care what room we were in, I just wanted to be on the first floor in that hallway). The room location was perfect for us. We were a few steps from the food court (we use the refillable mugs frequently during our stay) and the bus stops (we ride the buses at least 4 times a day) and being close to the pool was an added bonus (though we usually only swim 2 or 3 times during our stay). The location was quiet because the only people walking down that hallway were those who have rooms in that area -- it's not a pass-thru hallway for people who are just walking through the building on their way to somewhere. And the lake view was also nice though we rarely had our curtains open to enjoy it. Now that room would have a view of the new Skyliner station. If we stay in a Nemo suite again, I will absolutely request this same location.

Someone in the POP thread mentioned a drawing class here. Can someone tell me more about that? Where is it? When is it? Is there a charge? Age limit? TIA for any info!

Someone in the POP thread mentioned a drawing class here. Can someone tell me more about that? Where is it? When is it? Is there a charge? Age limit? TIA for any info!
No charge, no age limit, daily at 11 AM, 2 PM, and 5 PM (as of two weeks ago). They are hosted in the lobby of Animation Hall. When my daughter did it I would say it was about half adults and half kids. The artist had pre drawn circles and then instructed how to draw Donald Duck. They supply whatever is necessary.

No charge, no age limit, daily at 11 AM, 2 PM, and 5 PM (as of two weeks ago). They are hosted in the lobby of Animation Hall. When my daughter did it I would say it was about half adults and half kids. The artist had pre drawn circles and then instructed how to draw Donald Duck. They supply whatever is necessary.

Wow, thank you so much for the info! I think my kids will love this!

Do the LM rooms have coffee makers? I’m thinking the answer is no.

No, but I've seen several people report that they just bring a small 1-cup coffee maker to use in the room. My son & his wife have done that in the LM rooms, at Pop (before the refurb), and at All Star Sports.

Are you able to opt out of Mousekeeping to get gift cards at AoA? If so, can I still do online check in and then swing by the desk that night?

What do u recommend at Landscape of Flavors?

Two of my consistent favorites are the Caprese Sandwich (I always have this on arrival day!) and the Create Your Own Pasta. We don't eat breakfast there (we usually eat in the room) but this past June we were having an early lunch (right at about 11:00 or so) and they were still serving breakfast at one of the stations. We had the Challah French Toast with fruit and I thought it was fabulous (for that type of restaurant...I'm not comparing it to a sit-down restaurant). In fact, it was good enough that I will plan to eat breakfast there one day the next time we're there just so I can have that again. I can't say I've had anything there that I *didn't* like...and we usually eat at least 2 or 3 meals there during our stay (we've stayed there 4 times).

Two of my consistent favorites are the Caprese Sandwich (I always have this on arrival day!) and the Create Your Own Pasta. We don't eat breakfast there (we usually eat in the room) but this past June we were having an early lunch (right at about 11:00 or so) and they were still serving breakfast at one of the stations. We had the Challah French Toast with fruit and I thought it was fabulous (for that type of restaurant...I'm not comparing it to a sit-down restaurant). In fact, it was good enough that I will plan to eat breakfast there one day the next time we're there just so I can have that again. I can't say I've had anything there that I *didn't* like...and we usually eat at least 2 or 3 meals there during our stay (we've stayed there 4 times).

U just made my day..., Thank U! I love, love a good Caprese Sandwich. I will definitely try the french toast breakfast as well:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter