Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

In general, how much more are the Nemo suites per night than Cars or LK?

It looks like they are about 3-400 more per night during the summer. I know the Nemo suites are more than other themes because they are newer. IF AoA is closed, I wonder how that will affect relocations. While a “value” resort, the actual cost of a suite is quite high.

Edit: I misread. Originally I had booked an unassigned theme suite. When I changed to the Nemo specifically it was $200 total up charge for a 7 day stay.

It looks like they are about 3-400 more per night during the summer. I know the Nemo suites are more than other themes because they are newer. IF AoA is closed, I wonder how that will affect relocations. While a “value” resort, the actual cost of a suite is quite high.

Edit: I misread. Originally I had booked an unassigned theme suite. When I changed to the Nemo specifically it was $200 total up charge for a 7 day stay.
Whew! I thought that seemed like a lot!

The Nemo suites aren't any newer than the other suites. In fact, Nemo was the only section available when the resort first opened in May 2012. LK opened in June of that year followed by Cars in August. So technically, the Nemo suites are the oldest. Most -- if not all -- of the suites in all 3 sections have been refurbished in the months leading up to the pandemic so they're all "new" again.

I wasn't sure where to ask this, I thought the resort changing thread was moving so fast it would just get missed. So I'll try here. we are booked for a Lion King Suite August 6-15 under the covid recovery 35% off discount and there are 6 of us. I know the resort isn't opening until August 12, so I assume we will have to move resorts. I have not been contacted by disney about this, and in MDE it still says AoA (all of which I expected). My question is, should I just wait this out since it's still a ways away, or should I call?

I have to admit I am hoping to be upgraded to a deluxe or deluxe villa resort at no additional cost, and from what I'm reading on other threads that seems to be a reasonable hope. Since there are 6 of us and we wouldn't fit at Pop (plus I would not consider Pop a reasonable alternative to the suites at AoA - the LM rooms yes, not the suites), and since there are 6 of us it seems like our only options that will be open are FW cabins and 2 Br villas. I think I would take either if offered at the same price, but honestly the cabin is not my cup of tea and I would prefer to stay at AoA, but that isn't an option... Should I call (maybe not today, given the current mess, but soon), or give it a little longer and see if they just change it or contact me? it just seems so much like a crapshoot from what I'm reading - like some go from an All Star to TPV BLT, and others are told they have to pay to move anywhere? I'm so afraid I'll get the CM who tells me too bad, and we are not willing to pay the price difference to a 2 BR villa, even at 35% off! Not when we see others in similar (not always identical, but similar) situations getting moved for the same cost.

I wasn't sure where to ask this, I thought the resort changing thread was moving so fast it would just get missed. So I'll try here. we are booked for a Lion King Suite August 6-15 under the covid recovery 35% off discount and there are 6 of us. I know the resort isn't opening until August 12, so I assume we will have to move resorts. I have not been contacted by disney about this, and in MDE it still says AoA (all of which I expected). My question is, should I just wait this out since it's still a ways away, or should I call?

I have to admit I am hoping to be upgraded to a deluxe or deluxe villa resort at no additional cost, and from what I'm reading on other threads that seems to be a reasonable hope. Since there are 6 of us and we wouldn't fit at Pop (plus I would not consider Pop a reasonable alternative to the suites at AoA - the LM rooms yes, not the suites), and since there are 6 of us it seems like our only options that will be open are FW cabins and 2 Br villas. I think I would take either if offered at the same price, but honestly the cabin is not my cup of tea and I would prefer to stay at AoA, but that isn't an option... Should I call (maybe not today, given the current mess, but soon), or give it a little longer and see if they just change it or contact me? it just seems so much like a crapshoot from what I'm reading - like some go from an All Star to TPV BLT, and others are told they have to pay to move anywhere? I'm so afraid I'll get the CM who tells me too bad, and we are not willing to pay the price difference to a 2 BR villa, even at 35% off! Not when we see others in similar (not always identical, but similar) situations getting moved for the same cost.

Call sooner rather than later.

Call sooner rather than later.
Any particular reason you think this, other than to just have it taken care of? I guess in a way I was thinking maybe they would just move us somewhere better when they got to our dates, but if I call I would get a CM who wouldn't be that helpful and I would have to take what they gave us. I know there isn't any way to know. i also know calling today will be nearly impossible, it took me 2 days to be able to make our park pass reservations with 2 3+ hr holds and a 3+ hr wait for chat. Then once they open it up for AP booking I can't imagine that won't have issues as well, with a whole new group of people having to call in with problems. maybe tomorrow will be the sweet spot!

Any particular reason you think this, other than to just have it taken care of? I guess in a way I was thinking maybe they would just move us somewhere better when they got to our dates, but if I call I would get a CM who wouldn't be that helpful and I would have to take what they gave us. I know there isn't any way to know. i also know calling today will be nearly impossible, it took me 2 days to be able to make our park pass reservations with 2 3+ hr holds and a 3+ hr wait for chat. Then once they open it up for AP booking I can't imagine that won't have issues as well, with a whole new group of people having to call in with problems. maybe tomorrow will be the sweet spot!

This screenshot on the WDW suggested to me that if your tip was totally in the dates mentioned below WDW would automatically move you. I’ve seen widely reported that if you are outside these dates and you don’t contact them they will cancel your reservation automatically 7 days prior to your arrival.
I would call soon if it were me to explore getting into someplace open that I preferred before that resort booked up.

Attachments

• C22328B6-BD1B-4F13-AF95-F00DEB3AC98F.png
    C22328B6-BD1B-4F13-AF95-F00DEB3AC98F.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 14
This screenshot on the WDW suggested to me that if your tip was totally in the dates mentioned below WDW would automatically move you. I’ve seen widely reported that if you are outside these dates and you don’t contact them they will cancel your reservation automatically 7 days prior to your arrival.
I would call soon if it were me to explore getting into someplace open that I preferred before that resort booked up.
I guess I figured they would contact everyone, not just those who were staying prior to opening, but maybe I assumed wrong! I did see that based on the open resorts we would only fit in the FW cabins, 2 BR villas, and I guess probably some outrageous suites at the CR. I have quite a while before we are 7 days out, we check in August 6th, but you are probably right, calling sooner would likely be better since open rooms wouldn't have filled up as much. Particularly if they just aren't going to automatically move me, or contact me since our stay is after the parks open.

I was at a Nemo suite for 8/2-8/8. All villas were booked (that they would offer me) and they ended up giving me two rooms at Pop. I’m cancelling.

I was at a Nemo suite for 8/2-8/8. All villas were booked (that they would offer me) and they ended up giving me two rooms at Pop. I’m cancelling.
Yeah, we would cancel for 2 rooms at pop. We aren't splitting up, that's one of the main reasons we booked the suite in the first place instead of 2 regular rooms at a value or moderate. Now I'm having anxiety, even though we knew this vacation was up in the air anyway.

Yeah, we would cancel for 2 rooms at pop. We aren't splitting up, that's one of the main reasons we booked the suite in the first place instead of 2 regular rooms at a value or moderate. Now I'm having anxiety, even though we knew this vacation was up in the air anyway.

Exactly. And the very lovely CM was not able to actually book my second room at the time (modifications only) either, so we really got one room. I just felt bad and had spent over 12 hours either dialing over and over or on hold and just wanted to hang up. I’m moving to next summer and going deluxe if possible.

Exactly. And the very lovely CM was not able to actually book my second room at the time (modifications only) either, so we really got one room. I just felt bad and had spent over 12 hours either dialing over and over or on hold and just wanted to hang up. I’m moving to next summer and going deluxe if possible.
Did you ask her for a supervisor or anything? I know this is unprecedented and the CMs are overwhelmed, etc, but I think I would have a hard time not either crying or getting snippy if they offered pop after reading all of the amazing upgrade stories. Heck, I would take a lateral move even, but not a downgrade! And I’m sorry, they might call both resorts value, but an AOA suite to a regular pop room is a downgrade. I even like Pop, but it’s not an acceptable trade off here IMO.

I’m going to call tomorrow if I get time for the hold time, now I’m stressed.

Did you ask her for a supervisor or anything? I know this is unprecedented and the CMs are overwhelmed, etc, but I think I would have a hard time not either crying or getting snippy if they offered pop after reading all of the amazing upgrade stories. Heck, I would take a lateral move even, but not a downgrade! And I’m sorry, they might call both resorts value, but an AOA suite to a regular pop room is a downgrade. I even like Pop, but it’s not an acceptable trade off here IMO.

I think you should be fine if you wait a little bit for things to calm down, but I wouldn't wait too long. Based on the "Resort Change by Disney" thread, your best bet when you first get a CM is to emphasize you want to keep your dates, that AoA will be closed, and that you want to be booked into a single room that can accommodate your party (and don't want two separate rooms). If they don't offer you something you want, ask to speak to Guest Services (which will unfortunately be another long hold time). It's no guarantee, but Guest Services seems to have a lot more flexibility to get you something that works for you (so long as there is availability). Also, if all they can get you is 2 separate rooms at Pop, they will at least be able to refund the price difference (since a family suite is usually more than two rooms at Pop) but if you accept that make sure that they do.

Yea, I followed the “script” detailed in other threads so she was guest services and had tried to get me AK Kidani but couldn’t get it approved.

Well, interestingly, I got the email from Disney tonight asking me to let them know if we plan to cancel, modify, or confirm by July 7th. It says if you are booked at a resort that will be closed to choose modify and they can help you modify it, so I don’t know if they mean at their expense or mine.

I guess I figured they would contact everyone, not just those who were staying prior to opening, but maybe I assumed wrong! I did see that based on the open resorts we would only fit in the FW cabins, 2 BR villas, and I guess probably some outrageous suites at the CR. I have quite a while before we are 7 days out, we check in August 6th, but you are probably right, calling sooner would likely be better since open rooms wouldn't have filled up as much. Particularly if they just aren't going to automatically move me, or contact me since our stay is after the parks open.
If they attempts to put you in the fw cabin, you can empathize that your suite had two bathrooms and a cabin has one making it a downgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter