Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Are you able to tell how far along they might be on the refurbs? Learning about these just made me much more excited about our trip in late April. We only chose this resort because it was the most affordable available for our entire family.
8 is done, they are working on 7 now, haven’t started 9 yet. I called and requested bldg 8 the day before we arrived and got it (we had a car).

So excited to stay at AOA, especially now that the Skyliner is up & running! I've only spend on night here, a few years ago. I was wondering if anyone could answer this for me - how long will it take to get to the resort on Magical Express? I don't mean travel time (I know that's about 45-75 minutes as long as there aren't major traffic incidents). I mean like, from when your plane lands (ours is supposed to land at 2:14) to when you get to your resort, how long is that usually? I've only used DME once or twice and I feel like we sat at the airport for a long time before actually leaving, but maybe I was just impatient to get to Disney World. :rotfl: So has anyone ever timed from when the plane landed to when you get dropped off?

Yes, every trip. It has been anywhere from 60-160 minutes with the most frequent being around 90 minutes.
Thank you!! Our plane is supposed to land at 2:14. If that's the case, do you think it'd be too risky to schedule our Instacart delivery between 3-4pm? I don't want to miss them, but I don't want to sit around the resort until 5pm if we end up getting there quickly....

Thank you!! Our plane is supposed to land at 2:14. If that's the case, do you think it'd be too risky to schedule our Instacart delivery between 3-4pm?

In my opinion, yes.

I don't want to miss them, but I don't want to sit around the resort until 5pm if we end up getting there quickly....

Personally I'd rather have time to explore the resort for a bit than be worried about missing them.

Personally I'd rather have time to explore the resort for a bit than be worried about missing them.
That's a fair point for sure. 4-5pm is probably good, then? I assume if there's some sort of terrible traffic incident we can contact instacart just like at home, too. They always (at home) come hours late so if they do that I'll just say screw it & wait for my refund, though I've heard people say at WDW that they come on time.

Not sure about which building, though I think I've heard Cars. But you can also call and ask to have an allergy cleaning done on your suite before you check in, which you might want to do no matter what.

Definitely second the request it no matter what if allergies are that big of a deal because service dogs can be in any building as they are not pets.

Are you able to tell how far along they might be on the refurbs? Learning about these just made me much more excited about our trip in late April. We only chose this resort because it was the most affordable available for our entire family.

Are we thinking they will be done by July? I could save close to $300 to change from CBR to AOA, and the newly redone LM rooms could make it worth it.

Are we thinking they will be done by July? I could save close to $300 to change from CBR to AOA, and the newly redone LM rooms could make it worth it.
Based upon nothing more than my internet stalking skills and speculative math: I guess that they will be done will building 7 around the end of March and building 9 in early May. It took approx 5 weeks for building 8 based upon what I saw on the internet.

Hello everyone! I have stayed at other resorts at WDW but never AoA. Going with family and trying to figure out room requests. We don't mind walking to transportation but if we get a Cars suite, how long will the walk be to the skyliner and buses? Trying to decide if we should request view over location or not. It doesn't seem to make a huge difference based on the resort map but you never really know how big a place is until you get there. TIA
cars is just as close to the bus as Nemo in my time trials but would be further for Skyliner
If you Google "Finding Nemo Suites" and click on Images, you'll see plenty of pictures. I also took measurements of those beds on one of our visits.

Sofa Bed: 77" x 53" x 6"
Table/Murphy Bed" 75" x 54" x 8"
thanks
I see someone asked, but it was not answered.

Is there a way to do any kind off separation between the murphy bed and the fold out couch?

We are bringing my daughter's boyfriend and our other daughter said she will not go if she has to be in the same room as her sisters boyfriend - understandable. All adults.

I saw a lot of Youtube videos and I would put the 2 girls on the couch since it's a queen and the pull down is a double.
not really
Buses to Epcot and HS come hourly when the skyliner is running.
hr vs every 20 mins as in the past?
Is an AoA suite able to accommodate two ECV’s for overnight charging?
could be tight if you use the pull done bed but def can be done
Have they fixed the horrible Internet coverage at AoA yet? Last year, was horrific, couldn’t get coverage o/s lobby, made ordering minivans next to impossible.
Never had great luck at most places in wdw honestly

hr vs every 20 mins as in the past?
Yes. So buses should be running more frequently early in the morning before the skyliner opens. Once the skyliner is open for the day, buses to and from Epcot/HS are supposed to run approximately once per hour. If the skyliner goes down for some reason during the day, additional buses will be added to the route and buses will come more frequently.

For those that have stayed in the Little Mermaid section ~ Favorite building/location? What do you request?
We requested a King bed, and were assigned a ground floor room in building 7. Our room was on the lake side and faced a little courtyard. Because we were on the ground floor, we didn't have a clear view of the lake. But we loved the location. We were right off the path to the Skyliner, right around the corner from the LM pool, and we found the walk to Animation Hall to be very manageable as building 7 is one of the first buildings in the LM section. Ground floor was also nice because we just walked right up to our room, and didn't have to walk the length of the hallway to the stairs or elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter