Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi, curious about walk times from certain rooms to bus transportation. I'll be staying in a BWV garden/pool view studio. The Touring Plans site lists some rooms on the 4th and 5th floor near Luna Pool as being a 15-18 minute walk to bus transportation. Is this correct?

Any recommendations as to where to request for less of a walk time? I suppose I could just request to be near transportation, but I'd love to hear more specific requests (though I realize there are no guarantees).

Hi, curious about walk times from certain rooms to bus transportation. I'll be staying in a BWV garden/pool view studio. The Touring Plans site lists some rooms on the 4th and 5th floor near Luna Pool as being a 15-18 minute walk to bus transportation. Is this correct?

Any recommendations as to where to request for less of a walk time? I suppose I could just request to be near transportation, but I'd love to hear more specific requests (though I realize there are no guarantees).

We stayed pretty far away from the lobby/where you walk out to the bus transporation. I believe it was Room 4093. And I would say that in 8 days and many trips to the bus pickup spot it never took more than 5 minutes to get there! 15-18 is greatly overstated.

We stayed pretty far away from the lobby/where you walk out to the bus transporation. I believe it was Room 4093. And I would say that in 8 days and many trips to the bus pickup spot it never took more than 5 minutes to get there! 15-18 is greatly overstated.

That makes me feel so much better! Thank you very much.

15-18 minutes is greatly overstated, unless they're talking about walking to the Beach Club bus transportation :tongue:

15-18 minutes is greatly overstated, unless they're talking about walking to the Beach Club bus transportation :tongue:
Or DHS bus stop.

If you want a partial BW view, you might request a Village Green location and then you might be very close to the elevators and lobby. We did that for a one night stay at BWV and we were the very first room off the lobby on the same level as the lobby facing the Village Green instead of either pool area.

Last edited:

Ha!

Or DHS bus stop.

If you want a partial BW view, you might request a Village Green location and then you might be very close to the elevators and lobby. We did that for a one night stay at BWV and we were the very first room off the lobby on the same level as the lobby facing the Village Green instead of either pool area.

That sounds great! Thank you for the tip.

Does anyone have an update on this? Just curious as I was thinking of trying them for a week-day breakfast before catching the Premier Outlet Shuttle to Vineland that morning.
Can anyone take the shuttle? Where do you pick it up and how much?

we are staying four nights on points rental at BWV Studio 2/1 go 2/5. Can we request the trash and towel mid-stay rather than the day before we check out?

We are staying at BWV at the end of May. This will be our second time staying here. First time, I thought we had a great room location. It was on the 4th floor, it wasn't too far from the elevators, it was quiet, and we could see the higher fireworks from EPCOT. I worry that we'll be disappointed in our room location on this trip because of the location we had last time. I really prefer higher floors, and I had the person I rented points from add that request to my reservation. I know nothing is guaranteed, so tell me I'll like BWV even if I don't get that request. I've been having nightmares about it, that along with other things such as forgetting to make FPs. I've planned several trips to Disney, but this trip is stressing me out.

We are staying at BWV at the end of May. This will be our second time staying here. First time, I thought we had a great room location. It was on the 4th floor, it wasn't too far from the elevators, it was quiet, and we could see the higher fireworks from EPCOT. I worry that we'll be disappointed in our room location on this trip because of the location we had last time. I really prefer higher floors, and I had the person I rented points from add that request to my reservation. I know nothing is guaranteed, so tell me I'll like BWV even if I don't get that request. I've been having nightmares about it, that along with other things such as forgetting to make FPs. I've planned several trips to Disney, but this trip is stressing me out.

I feel your pain. I used to worry about views/location from my room until last year, I finally took time to really think about what I was worrying about.

Was I going to Disney solely for a room location/view? :rolleyes:

The answer for me was no. I found My family was in the parks and outside my resort much more than my room...so my focus changed. Now I see my room as nothing other than a place to relax a little, sleep, and take a shower. The true “magic” and fun of Disney is outside.

I do still put in my request for the location/view I desire, but if I don’t quite get it...oh well.
If i am granted my wish then I view it as a sprinkling of pixie dust. pixiedust:You have made your request...now just plan for the rest of your amazing trip. It will be great no matter where your room is. You are in Disney!!!!party:

Last edited:

Your room can be loud or quiet based on who your neighbors are. If the room next to you happens to be vacant, it will seem very quiet. If the room next to you happens to have people who are loud, it will not seem quiet. You can't put that in a room request.

Think about your last trip. Added together, how many minutes did you watch the fireworks from your room? How many minutes was your entire trip? What percentage of your trip were you watching the fireworks? I assume it's a tiny percentage, but I hate math so I'll leave that up to you.

Does anyone have an update on this? Just curious as I was thinking of trying them for a week-day breakfast before catching the Premier Outlet Shuttle to Vineland that morning.

Can anyone take the shuttle? Where do you pick it up and how much?

Anyone take the shuttle. However, they only pick up at limited locations (no Disney-owned hotels) and limited times. The closest pickups to the Boardwalk is either the Swan or the Dolphin. Pickup times for the Swan & Dolphin are 8:55am or 3:50pm with return times of 3:00pm and 8:30pm. I would suggest reserving a spot since they do service several hotels. You can got to www.maingatetaxi.com and select the Shuttle and then you get a reservation screen.

I'm really only interested in shopping at the Disney Character Warehouses, so my plan is to:
  • Take the Shuttle (free) to Vineland Premium Outlets
  • Shop at DCW-Vineland
  • Lyft over to DCW @ International Premium Outlets
  • Shop at DCW-International
  • Lyft back to Boardwalk
I plan on telling the Shuttle driver to not include me for the return trip at 3:00pm. That way I'm not going to inconvenience anyone waiting for me when I'm not going to be showing up.

There is another option other than using Lyft. That's the I-Ride Trolley. Their red-line runs from between the two Premium Outlets. It costs $4 roundtrip (if you only get off at those locations) Otherwise it's $5 for a 1-Day hop on/off as there are numerous stops along the way. While this is the cheapest way to get from outlet to outlet, it also takes the longest (3-4 times longer). Unfortunately, they do not offer an Express. Details can be found on iridetrolley.com. The Orlando public bus system Lynx (golynx.com)is also an option and costs about the same as the trolley, but once again will take longer than a Lyft.

I hope this helps!

we are staying four nights on points rental at BWV Studio 2/1 go 2/5. Can we request the trash and towel mid-stay rather than the day before we check out?
I did this very thing in our Poly Studio, so I would assume BWV is the same!

I remember reading somewhere that there was an odd set-up to the elevators at the Inn. Can someone confirm that? Something along the lines of you couldn't get to the boardwalk area from the 1st floor. That you had to take 2 elevators to go from 1st to 2nd then from 2nd to the 1st floor elevators that have access to the boardwalk. Is this the same for floors above the 2nd floor? Do you have to switch elevators? Or is there one elevator that goes from the 5th floor to the 1st floor boardwalk area?

I remember reading somewhere that there was an odd set-up to the elevators at the Inn. Can someone confirm that? Something along the lines of you couldn't get to the boardwalk area from the 1st floor. That you had to take 2 elevators to go from 1st to 2nd then from 2nd to the 1st floor elevators that have access to the boardwalk. Is this the same for floors above the 2nd floor? Do you have to switch elevators? Or is there one elevator that goes from the 5th floor to the 1st floor boardwalk area?

I'm pretty sure that's still the case. I know I took the stairs down to the first floor from the room area and had to go back up to use the steps that actually let me out to the boardwalk.

I try not to trip out over room views but I find that being on the boards makes me a bit "crazier" about room location just because I know what is possible. We are also renting points (first time staying at BWV) and I had her put in a request for "close to DHS." I was going to put higher floor but I didn't bother. It's my first mother daughter trip with DD12 and her favorite park is DHS. I think it'll be cool to be close to the "secret" door and straight to the walkway to DHS.

We had an amazing view at the Poly last trip and we never used the patio since it was August and so hot!

Lobby: Floor 2
Buses to MK and AK: Floor 2
Pool: Floor 1
Path to Epcot and Path to DHS: Floor 1
Boardwalk: Floor 1

The elevator on the DVC side goes all the way down to Floor 1.

But if I recall correctly, the lowest floor for the elevator on the Inn side is Floor 2.
Edited to add from someone else: You can actually get to ground level on the Inn side BUT it only goes to the courtyard area where the quiet pool, garden cottages, etc. are located. To my knowledge there is no egress from that area to the Boardwalk or beyond (unless you walk through the service/Cast Member gate near the quiet pool which would be a no-no).

So if you are staying on the Inn side, you can take the elevator down to Floor 2. If you need to get to Floor 1, you can walk over to the elevators on the DVC side (near the tiny gift shop) and take the elevator to Floor 1. Or if you can take the stairs to Floor 1 if you are able.

Last edited:
Lobby: Floor 2
Buses to MK and AK: Floor 2
Pool: Floor 1
Path to Epcot and Path to DHS: Floor 1
Boardwalk: Floor 1

The elevator on the DVC side goes all the way down to Floor 1.

But if I recall correctly, the lowest floor for the elevator on the Inn side is Floor 2.

So if you are staying on the Inn side, you can take the elevator down to Floor 2. If you need to get to Floor 1, you can walk over to the elevators on the DVC side (near the tiny gift shop) and take the elevator to Floor 1. Or if you can take the stairs to Floor 1 if you are able.

You can actually get to ground level on the Inn side BUT it only goes to the courtyard area where the quiet pool, garden cottages, etc. are located. To my knowledge there is no egress from that area to the Boardwalk or beyond (unless you walk through the service/Cast Member gate near the quiet pool which would be a no-no).

Just confirmed a December 16-23 stay at BWV! We stayed at BCV in April 2017 and loved the Epcot area, so we thought we’d give BWV a try this time. Can’t wait for our first Christmas trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter