Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Has anyone who as stayed at BW since the 1/1/18 ordered QS meal (hamburger, etc.) at Leaping Horse Libations? We'd like to have lunch by the pool and get a cocktail with it. On the official Disney website the menu lists hamburgers, etc along with cocktails you can order. On Allears it says you have to pick up the phone at the bar and order it from private dining.... of course that would mean 2 TS credits for a hamburger? Anyone have any info?

Do I have this correct? On the BWI side, Floor 2 is the lobby and Floor 1 is the Boardwalk. If so, do floor 1 rooms have direct access to the boardwalk without any stairs or elevator? Thanks!

Do I have this correct? On the BWI side, Floor 2 is the lobby and Floor 1 is the Boardwalk. If so, do floor 1 rooms have direct access to the boardwalk without any stairs or elevator? Thanks!
On the Inn side- NO! From the first floor you have to go up to the second floor, then either go down stairs or take the elevator across from the lounge to get to Boardwalk.

On the Inn side- NO! From the first floor you have to go up to the second floor, then either go down stairs or take the elevator across from the lounge to get to Boardwalk.

Oh my goodness. I had a feeling that was the case. I mean it wouldn't be my BWI without a zig-zag and up-down every ten feet! But, I find the zig-zag winding corridors interesting. Maybe not the up-down part. Sounds like the 2nd floor is the best one in terms of access. Thanks!!

Just wondering - what is the "village green" I see some people mentioning?

Also - does anyone know if there is a map that gives room #'s and categories for BWI? (for example, room # 1234 is a Standard View).
Thanks!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

Are you planning to book through Disney's regular reservation system, or are you planning to have a member book through the DVC member reservation system? I seem to vaguely recall people saying that if you book through Disney, your reservation will say Standard View but you really won't be in a Standard View villa. I also have heard that DVC members book the standard view villas fast, particularly from September through the end of January.

Just wondering - what is the "village green" I see some people mentioning?

Also - does anyone know if there is a map that gives room #'s and categories for BWI? (for example, room # 1234 is a Standard View).
Thanks!

Village Green is the large grassy(AstroTurf now) area separating the inn side from the villas. When you leave the lobby and go down the stairs and start walking torwards the boardwalk you pass it.

Village Green is the large grassy(AstroTurf now) area separating the inn side from the villas. When you leave the lobby and go down the stairs and start walking torwards the boardwalk you pass it.
It's the grassy area by the bicycle rental and boat dock.

I confess to wondering the same thing. We stayed club level deluxe, 4th floor, back in December. I had Touring Plans fax a room request for one of the 3 rooms that are further down, above the Boardwalk Bakery. The other 2 rooms are back towards the boat dock, above Flying Fish. We ended up above the bakery and never smelled anything...good or bad:). Curious to see if anyone else who stayed right on the Boardwalk has any stories to tell.
We have been hesitant to book here because somewhere, someone complained about the noise from boats honking constantly. I didn't even think about the smells. I don't know if the food would bother me as much as the boats.

We have been hesitant to book here because somewhere, someone complained about the noise from boats honking constantly. I didn't even think about the smells. I don't know if the food would bother me as much as the boats.
We stayed in a corner room right on top of Flying Fish twice. We've never heard boats. The Friendship boats do not run really early or really late. I can't imagine them being much of a problem.

I once stayed at the Yacht Club and the boat horn noise was awful. But people always recommend the section where I stayed. So maybe some people (like me) are more sensitive to the boat noise than other people. Or maybe some people are in the room during boat hours and other people are spending that time in the parks.

We stayed in a corner room right on top of Flying Fish twice. We've never heard boats. The Friendship boats do not run really early or really late. I can't imagine them being much of a problem.

We also stayed right above Flying Fish on the 4th Floor. Smells weren't an issue at all. We heard a boat every now and then (very infrequent), but like AngiTN stated, they do not run really early or late at night.

Has anyone who as stayed at BW since the 1/1/18 ordered QS meal (hamburger, etc.) at Leaping Horse Libations? We'd like to have lunch by the pool and get a cocktail with it. On the official Disney website the menu lists hamburgers, etc along with cocktails you can order. On Allears it says you have to pick up the phone at the bar and order it from private dining.... of course that would mean 2 TS credits for a hamburger? Anyone have any info?

We were there right before the new year and ate at the bar. Kids ordered hotdogs and burgers directly from the bartender. Has something changed? Menu wasn’t big or amazing but was fine when they needed something quick and we didn’t want to leave the pool.

We have stayed several times on the villas side with a BW view and the boats were never a problem. We thought it was going to be noisy being on the BW but with the doors shut we couldn’t hear a thing.

Thinking about your comment more, I would pack a small fan or white noise machine or even download a white noise app. I have a small fan that I take in my suitcase for this reason and in case the room isn't cool enough. If you do have any light sleepers, the fan or white noise would cover up any intrusive noises be it a boat outside or a noisy person in the hallway.

Does anyone know how many enclosed balconies there are for a studio boardwalk view? I had one on the second floor to the right of big river grille. Was nice and big. Would be nice to get that kind of room again, staying there on the 9th to the 16th

Thinking about your comment more, I would pack a small fan or white noise machine or even download a white noise app. I have a small fan that I take in my suitcase for this reason and in case the room isn't cool enough. If you do have any light sleepers, the fan or white noise would cover up any intrusive noises be it a boat outside or a noisy person in the hallway.
I can usually sleep through anything, but my husband is a light sleeper and gets cranky when he is disturbed. When we were in Atlanta last year, there were earplugs in the room and we found them really helpful. I would just have to remember to pack them to use for sleeping. Good to know that noise isn't an issue however.

We stayed at CBV a few years ago for two nights and loved being able to walk over to Epcot and watch the fireworks in the evening from our balcony. We have been wanting to try the BWV.

I can usually sleep through anything, but my husband is a light sleeper and gets cranky when he is disturbed. When we were in Atlanta last year, there were earplugs in the room and we found them really helpful. I would just have to remember to pack them to use for sleeping. Good to know that noise isn't an issue however.

We stayed at CBV a few years ago for two nights and loved being able to walk over to Epcot and watch the fireworks in the evening from our balcony. We have been wanting to try the BWV.
They do sell ear plugs in the resort gift shops. We had to buy them one trip when our flight home got cancelled and we'd already sent our bags on via RAC (DH and I both snore so we sleep with ear plugs, so they are now part of our emergency kit I keep in my carry on bag)

Friendship boats only go 1 hour past closing, so they stop about 10:00, most nights of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter