Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone know if they have the 4-cup coffee makers in the studios or the larger 8-12 cup (just wanting to know what size filters to bring)....

I've seen reports that some of the studios have the 4-cup coffee makers, but if so, you can call Housekeeping and they'll bring the larger one.

True. Sorry to say it doesn't get any better. My DD is 42 and it hasn't changed a bit. lol
I'm 41 and my mom and I are the same. No way we could go away for more than a night together. Did 2 nights last year and it almost ended in murder.

DD (10) & I are ending our August trip at BWI this year. First time for both of us at this resort. Can't wait! August 8-10 standard view.

Had a room at the Boardwalk Inn in October 2017. Had a lake view over Crescent Lake above Trattoria Al Forno. Absolutely loved Boardwalk Inn!!! The staff was friendly, Atlantic City 1920S Boardwalk theme was lovely and the convenience was amazing. Stayed at the Beach Club Villas in 2004 and loved everything about that hotel too.

My favorite area of Disney are the Epcot area hotels: Boardwalk, Beach & Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin!!!! Lovely at night for a walk.

What is the noise level for rooms facing boardwalk? Was there any noise from restaurant you were over?

We usually get BW view villas for our DVC stays. Rarely have we been disturbed by noise - maybe once or twice on a Saturday night especially when the dance hall and piano bar were closing. It hasn’t been a problem for us, but we’ve never had an infant or light sleeper with us. Also, we have found the higher floors to be quieter.

We’ve been going to Disney once or twice a year for the past 12yrs. BWI is our favorite resort. I love Disney, my DH loves Disney. Our kids have outgrown it sadly, but DH & I have still been going alone. We were there in January & will be there again in September. But I have to admit I’m starting to think I might not want to go again next year. I’m feeling less love from the mouse & like the cons are starting to outweigh the pros. Some of it is from the increasing prices (the parking fee is unnecessary, especially since it’s tiered, cement is cement, it’s not more colorful or better quality at a deluxe), the crowds take away the fun (not Disney’s fault), I hate the gondola going to IG & messing with my peaceful entrance (selfish, I know), other (probably) petty things, & I want to travel to other places. But at the same time, I’m scared if we don’t plan a trip for 2019, I’ll regret it. Now if we were independently wealthy without having to work, I could have it all, but alas, we are not & must pick & chose what we do . We’re thinking of going ahead & booking with a bounce back (if available) when we go In September for sometime in 2019, with the thought we can cancel. So it’s there if we can’t resist & must go. What do y’all think? Do y’all ever feel like this?

We’ve been going to Disney once or twice a year for the past 12yrs. BWI is our favorite resort. I love Disney, my DH loves Disney. Our kids have outgrown it sadly, but DH & I have still been going alone. We were there in January & will be there again in September. But I have to admit I’m starting to think I might not want to go again next year. I’m feeling less love from the mouse & like the cons are starting to outweigh the pros. Some of it is from the increasing prices (the parking fee is unnecessary, especially since it’s tiered, cement is cement, it’s not more colorful or better quality at a deluxe), the crowds take away the fun (not Disney’s fault), I hate the gondola going to IG & messing with my peaceful entrance (selfish, I know), other (probably) petty things, & I want to travel to other places. But at the same time, I’m scared if we don’t plan a trip for 2019, I’ll regret it. Now if we were independently wealthy without having to work, I could have it all, but alas, we are not & must pick & chose what we do . We’re thinking of going ahead & booking with a bounce back (if available) when we go In September for sometime in 2019, with the thought we can cancel. So it’s there if we can’t resist & must go. What do y’all think? Do y’all ever feel like this?

I'm with you. I am seeing less value with going Disney. I've gone every year for the past 10+ years and I am losing interest with all of the changes that seem to show less value to me as a customer.

Outgrown? This simply does not compute! I didn't think one could outgrow Disney. LOL

As for you feeling less love. We have not but you are sure not alone. I see many posting the same things. I sure wouldn't spend the money to go if I didn't feel the love, that's for sure. It costs way to much and if I no longer found joy in the trips, or in the company, I would not be spending my money there, that's for sure. I haven't found the "straw that breaks the camels back" yet. Everyone's line is different. It may well be time for you and your family to move on. However, there is a lot of new on the horizon. If you think there is still even the smallest fire in there I'd book the bounceback and cancel if the fire isn't reignited by the time your trip rolls around.

Outgrown? This simply does not compute! I didn't think one could outgrow Disney. LOL

As for you feeling less love. We have not but you are sure not alone. I see many posting the same things. I sure wouldn't spend the money to go if I didn't feel the love, that's for sure. It costs way to much and if I no longer found joy in the trips, or in the company, I would not be spending my money there, that's for sure. I haven't found the "straw that breaks the camels back" yet. Everyone's line is different. It may well be time for you and your family to move on. However, there is a lot of new on the horizon. If you think there is still even the smallest fire in there I'd book the bounceback and cancel if the fire isn't reignited by the time your trip rolls around.

We haven’t reached that straw yet, but it’s coming close. I think we will do the B.B.

I know!! We've been taking our DD and DS since they were grade-schoolers, and WDW is still their favorite vacation destination after 20+ years. I think they will still be going to WDW long after we're gone. lol

We checked into the BWV yesterday for 8 nights. We booked a pool/garden view room. After my sister stayed last month and had a village green room I did put in a room request which I rarley ever do because they are rarely meet. I called and requested village green for example room #4053. We got room #5053. It’s an amazing view of the boardwalk and spaceship earth. I’m so glad I called in the request! We love the boardwalk- it’s our favorite resort!!

What is the noise level for rooms facing boardwalk? Was there any noise from restaurant you were over?

I always worried about the "smell" level. If you leave your sliding door open too long, does your room now smell like hamburgers from the cooking exhaust below you?

I always worried about the "smell" level. If you leave your sliding door open too long, does your room now smell like hamburgers from the cooking exhaust below you?

I confess to wondering the same thing. We stayed club level deluxe, 4th floor, back in December. I had Touring Plans fax a room request for one of the 3 rooms that are further down, above the Boardwalk Bakery. The other 2 rooms are back towards the boat dock, above Flying Fish. We ended up above the bakery and never smelled anything...good or bad:). Curious to see if anyone else who stayed right on the Boardwalk has any stories to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter