Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

My husband is a Captain Bringdown as well. We have come to a great compromise when it comes to Disney. My husband comes on our yearly Disney trips BUT he doesn't come to the parks with us anymore. My husband is very happy to stay at the resort, hang out at the pool, go to the gym and plays golf a few times. They run great specials for golf from the deluxe resorts. We go in August, so he usually does just 9 holes but the golf course provides a taxi free of charge and he just uses their clubs. Think it costs only $40 total. My 3 children and I go to the parks (usually around 5 hours per day), when we get back we all go to a nice sit down dinner, swim and walk around the boardwalk area, get dessert, watch the fireworks etc. Since we have done it this way it has been so much more enjoyable. No more complaining from him about going "on the same old rides". It really works good for our family. Doing the same this August.
How old was your youngest when you started doing the parks yourself? My DH doesn’t love it like I do and I’d be fine flying solo, it’s just my youngest is still a toddler so we wouldn’t be able to go on the rides my six year old loves.

My husband is a Captain Bringdown as well. We have come to a great compromise when it comes to Disney. My husband comes on our yearly Disney trips BUT he doesn't come to the parks with us anymore. My husband is very happy to stay at the resort, hang out at the pool, go to the gym and plays golf a few times. They run great specials for golf from the deluxe resorts. We go in August, so he usually does just 9 holes but the golf course provides a taxi free of charge and he just uses their clubs. Think it costs only $40 total. My 3 children and I go to the parks (usually around 5 hours per day), when we get back we all go to a nice sit down dinner, swim and walk around the boardwalk area, get dessert, watch the fireworks etc. Since we have done it this way it has been so much more enjoyable. No more complaining from him about going "on the same old rides". It really works good for our family. Doing the same this August.

I love my husband, but we are VERY different people. Our compromise is usually to have my daughter and I fly down first, and then he joins us later in the trip. He loves Disney World, but only for about 3 days. After that, the crowds and the heat get to him, and he can't take it anymore. When he gets grumpy, we suffer. We also divide our days for his sanity, he either comes to the park with us in the morning, or in the evening, but not both. He doesn't like the pool, he doesn't golf other than putt putt, he doesn't like to be alone, (see.....Captain Bringdown). I kind of want to send him on a fishing excursion, but I doubt he would go alone.

How old was your youngest when you started doing the parks yourself? My DH doesn’t love it like I do and I’d be fine flying solo, it’s just my youngest is still a toddler so we wouldn’t be able to go on the rides my six year old loves.

It's the just the last few years that it has just been my children and I doing the parks. My children will be 15, 15 and 9 years old this year. We never did them alone when they were younger, so yes, your situation is very different. We have been going down yearly for the last 12 years. It got to the point where my husband would complain about going and really wasn't enjoying the parks like we do. I then came up with the idea of him staying behind at the resort while we visit the parks. It has worked out great. We stay deluxe so the resorts are awesome and my husband has no problem relaxing while we are at the parks. He's in a much better mood and I am glad to save $400 for a ticket for him when he wasn't even enjoying the rides. It's hard when there is one person in the group who doesn't really enjoy Disney but the rest of the family doesn't want to stop going. Hope your upcoming trip is enjoyable.

It's the just the last few years that it has just been my children and I doing the parks. My children will be 15, 15 and 9 years old this year. We never did them alone when they were younger, so yes, your situation is very different. We have been going down yearly for the last 12 years. It got to the point where my husband would complain about going and really wasn't enjoying the parks like we do. I then came up with the idea of him staying behind at the resort while we visit the parks. It has worked out great. We stay deluxe so the resorts are awesome and my husband has no problem relaxing while we are at the parks. He's in a much better mood and I am glad to save $400 for a ticket for him when he wasn't even enjoying the rides. It's hard when there is one person in the group who doesn't really enjoy Disney but the rest of the family doesn't want to stop going. Hope your upcoming trip is enjoyable.

Its just me and my soon to be 15 year old most of the time. I took her for the first time when she was 7, I can't imagine taking toddlers!!!

Its just me and my soon to be 15 year old most of the time. I took her for the first time when she was 7, I can't imagine taking toddlers!!!
I know, toddlers are a rough crowd lol. We had a great time on our trip last month although I think DH was really ready to go after day 5 (we stayed 8 nights). I want to go back in Nov. he says we can but I know he’s not itching to go like I am.

I love my husband, but we are VERY different people. Our compromise is usually to have my daughter and I fly down first, and then he joins us later in the trip. He loves Disney World, but only for about 3 days. After that, the crowds and the heat get to him, and he can't take it anymore. When he gets grumpy, we suffer. We also divide our days for his sanity, he either comes to the park with us in the morning, or in the evening, but not both. He doesn't like the pool, he doesn't golf other than putt putt, he doesn't like to be alone, (see.....Captain Bringdown). I kind of want to send him on a fishing excursion, but I doubt he would go alone.

TBH, I used to get annoyed at my husband that he wasn't liking going to the parks but then I realized that I was pushing my love of Disney onto him and expected him to like Disney the way the rest of us do. It sounds like a good way that you are doing your trip with your husband only going for a few days. I really don't like heat and crowds that much either, so we only do the parks for 4-5 hours and never commando. It's definitely a give and take. Good luck on your upcoming trip. Could you talk your husband into just relaxing at the pool with a cocktail or two and a good book? He could always do that and then meet up with you at one of the parks, so it's not that many hours he's in the parks. Just a suggestion. Geez, think my husbands favorite time is when he alone lying on a lounge chair around the pool with nobody bothering him. Lol

I know, toddlers are a rough crowd lol. We had a great time on our trip last month although I think DH was really ready to go after day 5 (we stayed 8 nights). I want to go back in Nov. he says we can but I know he’s not itching to go like I am.

My husband is kind of a weirdo, (I swear, I love him and he's a great guy, but he's quirky). He gets SO excited before we go, and then the excitement wears off after a day and he's tolerable for day 2 and day 3, and then by day 4 he's completely over it and he doesn't want to do anything. I'm at work and just now he sent me a text message out of the blue asking me about the Boardwalk to refresh his memory and to tell me how excited he is, and I'm kind of just side-eyeing him, like......ok.

I wrote a whole trip report once about him being Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. We almost got divorced the first time we brought him with us, in the middle of EPCOT, during dinner at Via Napoli. True story.

My husband is kind of a weirdo, (I swear, I love him and he's a great guy, but he's quirky). He gets SO excited before we go, and then the excitement wears off after a day and he's tolerable for day 2 and day 3, and then by day 4 he's completely over it and he doesn't want to do anything. I'm at work and just now he sent me a text message out of the blue asking me about the Boardwalk to refresh his memory and to tell me how excited he is, and I'm kind of just side-eyeing him, like......ok.

I wrote a whole trip report once about him being Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. We almost got divorced the first time we brought him with us, in the middle of EPCOT, during dinner at Via Napoli. True story.

I don't have a husband to contend with but I certainly have wished I could divorce my daughter on a few trips. I don't know what it is but every time I vacation with my adult daughter we get into a big argument over something. It's not just Disney trips as it happened on a Myrtle Beach trip as well. This upcoming trip I'm taking my 15yo granddaughter and her best friend and I'm taking my own best friend who's never been to Disney before. My daughter made a comment that she wanted to go too and I said, no way, we always fight on trips. lol She said, yeah, true.lol

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the Boardwalk. I swear I switched resorts several times and then saw a 1BR available for cash and settled on it as it will be good to have the extra room and separate spaces.

I don't have a husband to contend with but I certainly have wished I could divorce my daughter on a few trips. I don't know what it is but every time I vacation with my adult daughter we get into a big argument over something. It's not just Disney trips as it happened on a Myrtle Beach trip as well. This upcoming trip I'm taking my 15yo granddaughter and her best friend and I'm taking my own best friend who's never been to Disney before. My daughter made a comment that she wanted to go too and I said, no way, we always fight on trips. lol She said, yeah, true.lol

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the Boardwalk. I swear I switched resorts several times and then saw a 1BR available for cash and settled on it as it will be good to have the extra room and separate spaces.

I think it might just be a mother daughter thing, lol. My DS & I get along 97% of the time. My DD & I not so much. We love each other, but everything I say/do seems to annoy her. Of course she is 15 years old at the moment.

I think it might just be a mother daughter thing, lol. My DS & I get along 97% of the time. My DD & I not so much. We love each other, but everything I say/do seems to annoy her. Of course she is 15 years old at the moment.

True. Sorry to say it doesn't get any better. My DD is 42 and it hasn't changed a bit. lol

Does Abracadabar serve food?? I'm thinking of doing some lounges since we don't want to make many ADR's. Crews Cup at the BC/YC is on my list also.

Does Abracadabar serve food?? I'm thinking of doing some lounges since we don't want to make many ADR's. Crews Cup at the BC/YC is on my list also.

I haven't been yet (it opened about a month after our last stay at the BW), but they evidently serve a few small plates:

Small Plates
Three Spiced Fries - Chef's spice blend, feta cheese, sriracha aioli $11

Mile Zero Shrimp Cocktail - Horseradish aioli, Elderflower Mignonette, Blood orange oil $16

The Evolution of Cheese - Savannah honeycomb, chocolate dust $22

Kurobuta Pork Belly - Shank croquette, Royal Gala Apple Slaw, Bing Cherry Gastrique $13

Fish Bites and Fries - Scratch tartar sauce $14

Gah, my DD too. I rarely bring her to Disney because she is so high maintenance. She has ruined pretty much every trip we've ever brought her along on for one reason or another. She's 34. There are some trips where it's sort of impossible to not bring her and those are the only ones. Such as Thanksgiving, DGD's birthday, etc. The last one, for DGD's birthday, actually ended up being ok. She didn't complain as much but I think she's finally learned that I'm not going to put up with it

We don't make ADR either. At least not the A part of ADR. We open the app when we are hungry and book something. Never gone hungry yet and we don't eat QS.

Gah, my DD too. I rarely bring her to Disney because she is so high maintenance. She has ruined pretty much every trip we've ever brought her along on for one reason or another. She's 34. There are some trips where it's sort of impossible to not bring her and those are the only ones. Such as Thanksgiving, DGD's birthday, etc. The last one, for DGD's birthday, actually ended up being ok. She didn't complain as much but I think she's finally learned that I'm not going to put up with it

We don't make ADR either. At least not the A part of ADR. We open the app when we are hungry and book something. Never gone hungry yet and we don't eat QS.

Yup that’s our plan too! Lounges, QS, same day ADRs. We are only making ADRs for HDDR, BOG lunch and VN for a 9 night trip. I’m on the fence for Tusker House breakfast but i might decide the day before on that too.

It has been a couple of years. What kind of coffee maker is in BWV studio now?

I asked the same question a few pages back and was told they're the same old school coffee makers as always. I was happy to hear it!

Does anyone know if they have the 4-cup coffee makers in the studios or the larger 8-12 cup (just wanting to know what size filters to bring).

On a side note, whatever happened to @WDWKOOK? She's done so much work on this thread and other resort threads, but I never see her post anymore.

Does anyone know if they have the 4-cup coffee makers in the studios or the larger 8-12 cup (just wanting to know what size filters to bring).

On a side note, whatever happened to @WDWKOOK? She's done so much work on this thread and other resort threads, but I never see her post anymore.

Ours have always been 12 cup, basic Mr. Coffee machines.

The coffee makers are the same, whether studio or larger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter