Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I always worried about the "smell" level. If you leave your sliding door open too long, does your room now smell like hamburgers from the cooking exhaust below you?

We've been directly over Big River Grill more than once (we've probably been in almost every 1 or 2 bedroom BW view villa over the last 20+ years), and I don't remember smelling any cooking exhaust ever.

Can't even smell the popcorn or other treats from the BW food stands!

We've been directly over Big River Grill more than once (we've probably been in almost every 1 or 2 bedroom BW view villa over the last 20+ years), and I don't remember smelling any cooking exhaust ever.

Can't even smell the popcorn or other treats from the BW food stands!

this is great to know. thanks

We checked into the BWV yesterday for 8 nights. We booked a pool/garden view room. After my sister stayed last month and had a village green room I did put in a room request which I rarley ever do because they are rarely meet. I called and requested village green for example room #4053. We got room #5053. It’s an amazing view of the boardwalk and spaceship earth. I’m so glad I called in the request! We love the boardwalk- it’s our favorite resort!!

I was in room 5063 on the Village Green and absolutely LOVED the location :love: and the view :love:

I always worried about the "smell" level. If you leave your sliding door open too long, does your room now smell like hamburgers from the cooking exhaust below you?

In January, we had a 3rd floor boardwalk view right over Big River Grille. No smell from anything on the Boardwalk. However, one night it was fairly breezy and the wind blew the smoke from Illuminations so we could smell that and it became pretty foggy for a little while.

In January, we had a 3rd floor boardwalk view right over Big River Grille. No smell from anything on the Boardwalk. However, one night it was fairly breezy and the wind blew the smoke from Illuminations so we could smell that and it became pretty foggy for a little while.

Ahhhh...a 3rd floor balcony/boardwalk view! Was the balcony big or small?

We had smells from the cooking in the CL lounge but none from the Boardwalk

Yes, that was our only complaint last December. The lounge really needs better ventilation. Glad to know you had no smells from the outside sneaking in from below. TY!

We booked three separate standard rooms at the Boardwalk. We would like to be away from the elevators ( annoying our last stay at the Yacht Club) in a quieter area. We hope that the three separate rooms will be near each other. Any suggestions for wording the request in a simple way? I don't want it to be so many requests that we don't get any. Thanks for your help.

We booked three separate standard rooms at the Boardwalk. We would like to be away from the elevators ( annoying our last stay at the Yacht Club) in a quieter area. We hope that the three separate rooms will be near each other. Any suggestions for wording the request in a simple way? I don't want it to be so many requests that we don't get any. Thanks for your help.

Call the Main Reservations line with all 3 confirmation numbers. Ask the phone CM to link all 3 as "traveling with". Then make a single request on each to be "away from elevator".

General advice: make sure you are aware of how long the halls are at a resort before you request "away from the elevators."

I stay at Boardwalk Villas, not Boardwalk Inn. BWV has REALLY long hallways. If you are away from the elevators, it will be quite a hike to get to your room. That wouldn't bother some people, but would bother others. I assume your group is Boardwalk Inn, not Villas, so I can't give specific advice, but I think it's good advice in general.

We’ve been going to Disney once or twice a year for the past 12yrs. BWI is our favorite resort. I love Disney, my DH loves Disney. Our kids have outgrown it sadly, but DH & I have still been going alone. We were there in January & will be there again in September. But I have to admit I’m starting to think I might not want to go again next year. I’m feeling less love from the mouse & like the cons are starting to outweigh the pros. Some of it is from the increasing prices (the parking fee is unnecessary, especially since it’s tiered, cement is cement, it’s not more colorful or better quality at a deluxe), the crowds take away the fun (not Disney’s fault), I hate the gondola going to IG & messing with my peaceful entrance (selfish, I know), other (probably) petty things, & I want to travel to other places. But at the same time, I’m scared if we don’t plan a trip for 2019, I’ll regret it. Now if we were independently wealthy without having to work, I could have it all, but alas, we are not & must pick & chose what we do . We’re thinking of going ahead & booking with a bounce back (if available) when we go In September for sometime in 2019, with the thought we can cancel. So it’s there if we can’t resist & must go. What do y’all think? Do y’all ever feel like this?
I totally agree with you. The value has been going in the wrong direction for years and after a fall trip this year we are done for awhile. As a family we have been going since 1991 and over the past few years have been taking at least two trips a year though we have started splitting some of these trips with Universal. Our AP will run out in November and with the large price increase in AP we decided that we would stop going to Disney for awhile. That really kills me to say as Disney has always been my happy place but I feel we need to talk with our wallets when we as consumers feel we are no longer receiving any bang for our buck!

General advice: make sure you are aware of how long the halls are at a resort before you request "away from the elevators."

I stay at Boardwalk Villas, not Boardwalk Inn. BWV has REALLY long hallways. If you are away from the elevators, it will be quite a hike to get to your room. That wouldn't bother some people, but would bother others. I assume your group is Boardwalk Inn, not Villas, so I can't give specific advice, but I think it's good advice in general.
We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. Maybe I'll request, at least five rooms away from the elevator. Thank you for your advice.

Would anyone know if all the rooms at the Boardwalk Inn/Villas have full balconies? Also - does anyone have a favorite Boardwalk Inn garden view room location? Thanks!

Would anyone know if all the rooms at the Boardwalk Inn/Villas have full balconies? Also - does anyone have a favorite Boardwalk Inn garden view room location? Thanks!
You can sit in a chair on all of them but it depends on your idea of the word 'full'. Some are barely big enough for chairs, and nothing more at all. Others have rooms for a party. None are the Juliet balcony like BC has.

We have only stayed at BWV and all of our balconies have had 2 chairs and a small table. Not huge, but adequate.

I think I read that some of the balconies have walls that you can't see over if you are in a wheelchair or are short.

Been searching the web and sites but can’t find the answer. Can anyone tell me how many standard views studios that are available to reserve? Standard vs bw/p view studio amounts. Curious as to how much just because want to know if there are many available? Would like to secure in future for an upcoming trip and wonder how hard they may be to secure.
TIA

Been searching the web and sites but can’t find the answer. Can anyone tell me how many standard views studios that are available to reserve? Standard vs bw/p view studio amounts. Curious as to how much just because want to know if there are many available? Would like to secure in future for an upcoming trip and wonder how hard they may be to secure.
TIA

https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

Are you planning to book through Disney's regular reservation system, or are you planning to have a member book through the DVC member reservation system? I seem to vaguely recall people saying that if you book through Disney, your reservation will say Standard View but you really won't be in a Standard View villa. I also have heard that DVC members book the standard view villas fast, particularly from September through the end of January.

I am a member and own at BW. I only have a small amount and need 4 rooms. I know that it may be hard to get because how competitive it can be.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

Are you planning to book through Disney's regular reservation system, or are you planning to have a member book through the DVC member reservation system? I seem to vaguely recall people saying that if you book through Disney, your reservation will say Standard View but you really won't be in a Standard View villa. I also have heard that DVC members book the standard view villas fast, particularly from September through the end of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter