Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

As @AngiTN mentionned, you should not try too hard to understand the rules behind Disney's back office and inventory. Rooms may appear and disappear at any time, for any number of reasons. Inventory on web might also be different than the inventory on the phone, as well as the available discounts.

That being said, I've found out that some CL rooms at the BC/YC are more prone to being held/released than the other other resorts, *at least* during the dates I'm going to WDW (late July-August). I've always thought they were blocking some for conventioneers but they may as well block them for various other reasons, including yield management. Having some rooms blocked at these resorts definitely does not prevent them from filling them almost 95%+, so this might be a strategy to improve occupancy at other resorts.

I completely understand why Disney would hold them then! I rarely ever pay rack rate for CL unless it's something we just absolutely want no matter what..... This was one of those times, and now I can't book it lol.....Maybe it will come available at some point, thank you!

Last edited:
Well...we just got back from our trip to Poly CL a mere two weeks ago...and we just booked our next trip last night! Gulp and eek! It was a pretty impulsive move...not like us at all! We are going Christmas week and will be staying Boardwalk CL in a standard room. We've been during Christmas week before and we know the crowds are CRAZY! So...this will probably be a resort-centered trip with a few days in the parks. This will be the first time we've ever been at Disney on Christmas day. Still not sure if we made the right choice to travel Christmas week...I will miss the New England Christmas at home, but I am excited too! We chose the standard CL room because that's what was available with our CM discount. I'm going to go scout out the Boardwalk thread now. We've never stayed there before! In the meantime, a few questions:

- The standard CL room - are we destined to have a crummy parking lot view?

- Anything special in regards to CL around the holidays? Special foods on Christmas eve or Christmas day?

- Anything else you want to tell me? (Just don't tell me that we're crazy to go during Christmas week...we already know that!)

Well...we just got back from our trip to Poly CL a mere two weeks ago...and we just booked our next trip last night! Gulp and eek! It was a pretty impulsive move...not like us at all! We are going Christmas week and will be staying Boardwalk CL in a standard room. We've been during Christmas week before and we know the crowds are CRAZY! So...this will probably be a resort-centered trip with a few days in the parks. This will be the first time we've ever been at Disney on Christmas day. Still not sure if we made the right choice to travel Christmas week...I will miss the New England Christmas at home, but I am excited too! We chose the standard CL room because that's what was available with our CM discount. I'm going to go scout out the Boardwalk thread now. We've never stayed there before! In the meantime, a few questions:

- Anything special in regards to CL around the holidays? Special foods on Christmas eve or Christmas day?

- Anything else you want to tell me? (Just don't tell me that we're crazy to go during Christmas week...we already know that!)

I had my first BWI CL stay this past June and I loved it! I found all of the great reviews to be dead on as the CL food was great and the CL CMs were very friendly/personable and always ready/willing to help with anything anytime (just as I had read for both). We booked standard CL and I made 2 requests (to be inside the CL doors and close to the lounge) and both requests were met. Our room was 2 doors down from the lounge with a nice view of a quiet pool (we were over the cottages), as well as a great view of Epcot fireworks to the left. At BWI, the 4th floor is not exclusive to just CL rooms, but consists of regular/non CL rooms as well. The lounge and most CL rooms are behind a keyed/MB access door, with a few CL designated rooms outside that door. I don't think it would be bad being outside the CL door, but if you think you'd prefer being inside that door, I'd make that request. I can't help in regards to Christmas Eve/Day as we've never been over that time, but hopefully others will be able to help. Hope you have a great time and enjoy BWI :wizard:.

I had my first BWI CL stay this past June and I loved it! I found all of the great reviews to be dead on as the CL food was great and the CL CMs were very friendly/personable and always ready/willing to help with anything anytime (just as I had read for both). We booked standard CL and I made 2 requests (to be inside the CL doors and close to the lounge) and both requests were met. Our room was 2 doors down from the lounge with a nice view of a quiet pool (we were over the cottages), as well as a great view of Epcot fireworks to the left. At BWI, the 4th floor is not exclusive to just CL rooms, but consists of regular/non CL rooms as well. The lounge and most CL rooms are behind a keyed/MB access door, with a few CL designated rooms outside that door. I don't think it would be bad being outside the CL door, but if you think you'd prefer being inside that door, I'd make that request. I can't help in regards to Christmas Eve/Day as we've never been over that time, but hopefully others will be able to help. Hope you have a great time and enjoy BWI :wizard:.

Thank you! Another question (or two)...I was just looking at the WDW website and the only bookable CL rooms seemed to be standard, deluxe, and the garden cottages. Does that mean that "views" aren't even bookable? In other words: can I request a lake view even though I have a standard room?

Also, do all the CL rooms have daybeds?

Thank you! Another question (or two)...I was just looking at the WDW website and the only bookable CL rooms seemed to be standard, deluxe, and the garden cottages. Does that mean that "views" aren't even bookable? In other words: can I request a lake view even though I have a standard room?

You're welcome :)

I think you might be able to request a boardwalk/water view, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully others who are more familiar with BWI CL will be able to help. I think the majority of the rooms have a daybed, but there might be a few rooms without. With that said, it wouldn't hurt to make that one of your requests ;).

Right.
At BWI they are all grouped into one category so you can request any ole view you want.
The one thing you'll likely NOT have is a parking lot view. The CL rooms aren't really looking out over any parking lots. Not that I can think of. Gardens and water/lake is all that come to mind.
They do not all have day beds. Something like 99% do but not 100%

At BWI? Nope.
All of their CL rooms are grouped into one category so you can request any ole view you want.
The one thing you'll likely NOT have is a parking lot view. The CL rooms aren't really looking out over any parking lots. Not that I can think of. Gardens and water/lake is all that come to mind.

Awesome! Thanks @AngiTN!

I will probably request lake view and have that be our only request. I am a sucker for a nice view! Do you happen to know if all the CL rooms have balconies?

Question for my CL pals about FPs. What time do they become available for booking? My FP day is coming up on Saturday and I want to be prepared as there are a few popular/hard to get ones on my list. TIA :flower3:.

Question for my CL pals about FPs. What time do they become available for booking? My FP day is coming up on Saturday and I want to be prepared as there are a few popular/hard to get ones on my list. TIA :flower3:.

Should be right at midnight or 12:01 am!!!

FPs become available at 7:00 AM eastern time on your 60 day mark. They used to be MN, but that changed a few years ago. Unless something has changed again and I missed it.

Are you checking in Oct 24th? That’s our check in day, and our FP day is this Saturday! I need to make a plan tomorrow for what to try for first, this is a short trip for us!

ETA unfortunately not CL this trip- couldn’t justify the $200 per night difference at the AKL for this short trip since we’ll hardly be at the resort! Probably should have just stayed at a value, but couldn’t pass up the price for a deluxe.

View attachment 345662 View attachment 345663 View attachment 345664 Hey at @CT Disney, I did a few screenshots here of the descriptions of the Club rooms at the wonderful BW!!!

They do state room views.

I wouldn’t think you’re request would be to hard to fulfill depending on occupancy I suppose.

Thanks! Those descriptions are actually what confused me in the first place :rotfl:

View: it says that the view for the standard rooms is of the quiet pool. But I wasn’t sure if there were lake views or parking lot views in that category too.

Daybed: The description makes it sound like a standard room could have no daybed.

Thanks for taking the time to link the pictures though!! :goodvibes

I did a few screenshots here of the descriptions of the Club rooms at the wonderful BW!!!

They do state room views.

I wouldn’t think you’re request would be to hard to fulfill depending on occupancy I suppose.
FYI - They do state views but those are the not the only views. They've never updated the descriptions from when they had multiple booking categories.
They used to have Water View / Boardwalk View. They removed the booking category but obviously, didn't remove the rooms. They are now booked by request.
Whoever writes the website hasn't gone back to update the Standard booking description.
At any rate, now, ALL CL rooms, that aren't Deluxe rooms or a Cottage, are Standard. So the Standard rooms can be Garden or Water view. Even though the description doesn't make it clear.

Last edited:
Thanks! Those descriptions are actually what confused me in the first place :rotfl:

View: it says that the view for the standard rooms is of the quiet pool.

But I wasn’t sure if there were lake views or parking lot views in that category too.

Daybed: The description makes it sound like a standard room could have no daybed.

Thanks for taking the time to link the pictures though!! :goodvibes
Yes and no to the bold.
Yes to lake views no to parking lots.
There are no parking lots visible from the CL room locations

And yes, there are a few, very few but a few, rooms at BWI without a daybed.

This may help you get a visual
The Standard CL rooms are all on one floor, more or less in the area marked the in this map. On both sides, so you can see how there are both Water views and Garden views, but no parking lots.
6e6c14a0-deea-43d7-9e0e-e0a37c42ed0b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter