• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Glad to hear everyone are having great trips. Can someone explain how it works with Dss and securing reservations? We have only stayed CL once before and we upgraded a month before our trip so tbh we had already booked all dining so didn't use the service. And it was ipo not Dss then. When we booked the Cm said we should be emailing two weeks before our 180 days and they would book everything for me?
I am a bit of a control freak, does this actually happen? I like to hook as soon as possible as we want some of the hard to get bookings like crt and rol tusker house. I'm worried they will leave it for a few days and we won't be successful. Am I being worried over nothing? Or is it better to do the harder ones by yourself and send them the ones you are less worried about?

DSS is pretty much like IPO, very similar service. It's just 'centralized' vs having individual offices/CMs for each resort/CL. Other than that, not much change.

So far, DSS has only been calling people, no e-mails like IPO used to do (ETA: new reports of e-mails being sent on posts below). Reports of receiving calls are inconsistent, some have been getting them, some have not. I have a few future reservations and it's roughly 50/50 which ones I've reiceved a call on so far. This isn't much different than the old IPO/e-mail outreach - some would get them, some not.

DSS will book everything for you if you want them to. Definitely call or e-mail, don't wait for them to reach out to you. So far the reports on here, with some exceptions, have been pretty positive about booking experiences with them. Some feedback here has been pretty enthusiastic actually.

I haven't personally used DSS for reservations (control freak like you, I like to be able to adjust on the fly if needed). But they are they if needed! Here is their phone and e-mail address:

407-939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

With these reports of DSS not "looking" for particular reservations, it has me wondering exactly what do they do with regard to "special" reservations like the dessert parties or say an Illuminations cruise?

I'm asking because we are having a fairly special trip coming up, my oldest DD's final trip before HS graduation as well as DH and I celebrating our 20th anniversary.

To put it more bluntly-am I going to have to look/book myself? If so not sure I'm happy with this DSS change.

Sounds like a fun trip with both celebrations, that's awesome.

DSS will look and book any ADR, including special things like dessert parties, cruises, cabana rentals, etc. What they won't typically do is keep looking automatically if your original request is unavailable.

I haven't booked a cruise with them but did book two cabanas (one at GF and one at BB) this past trip and found the experience very quick and efficient and they provided accurate, helpful information about each above and beyond what I requested.

Note I'm pretty sure a cruise is one of those they need your credit card on file for, so if you do use them make sure to call and add it to their file (you can't e-mail them for this for security reasons).

I appreciate that DSS can handle things like cabanas, excursions, and other things I can't readily do myself online without otherwise having to call.

Just one person's perspective, but hope that is helpful.

Last edited:
I read on this post

http://micechat.com/85348-guide-club-level-at-walt-disney-world/

That resort deliveries are to your room at club level and not the gift shop. Is this true? Does it just happen naturally or do you have to ask?

We were just at AKL last month for 13 days and had purchases sent most days from all parks. Every package was delivered to our room. In all of our 17 CL trips over the years, I can only remember one time at BC that I had to go to the Marketplace and have them look for a package.

Thanks for the advice gadisneydad. I hope they will email as I live in England and between the cost of long distance and the time difference I don't think it will be too successful communicating over the phone.

So far, DSS has only been calling people, no e-mails like IPO used to do. Reports of receiving calls are inconsistent, some have been getting them, some have not. I have a few future reservations and it's roughly 50/50 which ones I've reiceved a call on so far. This isn't much different than the old IPO/e-mail outreach - some would get them, some not.

Thanks for the advice gadisneydad. I hope they will email as I live in England and between the cost of long distance and the time difference I don't think it will be too successful communicating over the phone.

FFIW I got this email the last week of March. My trip is the first week of November, and I had already reached out to DSS because it's my honeymoon and I was excited lol. The email was unexpected but a pleasant surprise because there are a few things I'd like them to book on my behalf. I hope you get one!

Greetings from Disney Signature Services

Good Afternoon Xxxxx,

Greetings from Disney Signature Services! As a Club Level guest for your
upcoming stay, you have exclusive access to our service. Here at Disney
Signature Services we are able to assist with any of your planning needs
for your vacation, such as dining, recreation, tours, or special
occasions. We can be reached 7 Days a week from 9:00 am to 5:00pm EST at
(407) 939-7777 or via e-mail at
Disney.Signature.Services@DisneyWorld.Com

Thank you for being our guest,

-Katie
Disney Signature Services
407-939-7777

FFIW I got this email the last week of March. My trip is the first week of November, and I had already reached out to DSS because it's my honeymoon and I was excited lol. The email was unexpected but a pleasant surprise because there are a few things I'd like them to book on my behalf. I hope you get one!

Greetings from Disney Signature Services

Good Afternoon Xxxxx,

Greetings from Disney Signature Services! As a Club Level guest for your
upcoming stay, you have exclusive access to our service. Here at Disney
Signature Services we are able to assist with any of your planning needs
for your vacation, such as dining, recreation, tours, or special
occasions. We can be reached 7 Days a week from 9:00 am to 5:00pm EST at
(407) 939-7777 or via e-mail at
Disney.Signature.Services@DisneyWorld.Com

Thank you for being our guest,

-Katie
Disney Signature Services
407-939-7777

I got the same email two days ago, however I had to chuckle since my trip is next week and has been booked for a solid 6+ months! It is nice that they reached out and I know it's in a transition phase, but at this point, I have it covered! Enjoy your honeymoon - so exciting!

Can you request NOT to have turndown? With a 2, 4 and 6 year old, they will all be asleep by then.

Sounds like a great trip, Split between GF and CR I'd love that!
Are there differences between CR atrium club and Tower club? Aside from location. We are booked Atrium just because that was what was available online. Thanks!

I don't have enough experience there to know exactly if there are any material differences. The food/beverage offerings seemed similar to what I had at Atrium in September of last year. I suspect the food is substantially similar, if not identical, just from a practical matter, but don't quote me on that.

We saw some CM faces we recognized from our Sept Atrium trip.

The biggest difference is just the pure limited number of people on 14. We often had the lounge all to ourselves. The lounge itself is smaller, but 'nicer' in terms of decor. Since 14 isn't open to the atrium, it's just a totally different feeling. Quiet, relaxing, a bit of an upscale vibe, but yet I still felt totally comfortable with our kids there.

The balconies off the lounge (and the rooms) are huge, double the size (if not more) of the rest of the building.

I can't wait to hear about the Tower Club experience! And is it kosher to ask you to ballpark how much extra a night it was from Atrium club? Totally understand if you don't want to give that detail, but I'm hoping TC is in the cards for us in the future. Thanks!

There's a reason we only stayed 2 nights. And why I may not be allowed to go back to Disney again this year. :sad:

We stayed in the 1BR Bay Lake View suite you can see on Disney's website, with an AP discount. I wanted to stay in one of the standard rooms up there (that are not on Disney's website) as we didn't really need (or want to pay for) a suite, but none were available my dates. In a bout of Disney logic I convinced myself that a special indulgence at Tower in a bigger room would be a nice way to end the trip. Probably a pretty dumb use of vacation money, but it was a nice one-time splurge. Not going to lie, it sure was nice to be able to put the kiddos to bed and still be able to stay up and enjoy another room.

I meant to pick up a current rate sheet because the cost of a Tower vs Atrium standard room has always been a mystery to me. I'm sure some folks on here have this detail?

Last edited:
I meant to pick up a current rate sheet because the cost of a Tower vs Atrium standard room has always been a mystery to me. I'm sure some folks on here have this detail?

I still can't find my rate sheet, but off the top of my head I can say with some confidence that the standard Tower Club rooms (all 5 of them) are about $100 more a night than the standard Atrium Club rooms, rack rate. With discounts it can be different of course, but that's a rough average.

Can you request NOT to have turndown? With a 2, 4 and 6 year old, they will all be asleep by then.
It usually gets done between 4;30-6;60pm where I have have stayed ( most of them) . I have napped at 4p and put a do no disturb sign on the door/ easy -peasy way not to be bothered.

I have also listened for them and opened the door and just asked for chocolates. They are happy to oblige.

I'm up in Scotland and like you I felt telephone contact was probably not ideal given the potential for time and cost issues. At the start of the year I booked CL in AKL and WL for a week each and leave at the end of May. I never had any contact from Disney Signature Services so I emailed them with my reservation numbers and they replied pretty much straight away asking if they could assist. To be honest I had made already made my own dining reservations etc but it was nice to get an acknowledgement should I need their help.

I'd ping them an email now rather than wait. Good luck.

Thank you this is the first time for a stay at GF CL SL. Stayed at the YC CL hope will not be disappointed.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy SL :wizard:.

I'm staying club level for the first time in 2 weeks! My friend and I are going for the Dark Side Half Marathon and staying at Wilderness Lodge. I'm getting excited!

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Has anyone been to Poly CL recently? If so, how have the cm's been?

We stayed there last May and had a few issues with some very rude cm's but are headed back next month. That's my only concern.

Is there a website that would give the days and the offering for evening appetizers at GF CL? Trying to figure out dinner reservations. The Poly used to have a list.

We will be arriving at YC May 9 YAY, just wondering if there have been any recent changes to the offerings in the club lounge. I read back some time ago, it was needing a little diversity and attention to details. Imma be noshing the home made chips like I've been starved half my life, but just curious about anything else in general that may be newer.

Is there a website that would give the days and the offering for evening appetizers at GF CL? Trying to figure out dinner reservations. The Poly used to have a list.
I talked with a mangager in March. All new menu started mid trip by the chef. It changes often but there is usually something for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter