Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I can't comment on CL as we haven't stayed CL at the Poly, but the Poly is amazing overall....you're going to love it! Have a great trip :goodvibes. Thank you!!

GV CL rooms overlook the Oasis pool, so you should have easy access from the patio :). great, that sounds perfect!

They should have access to the lounge until midnight of the day they change rooms. With that said, DVC rooms in Jambo are on the CL floor, so if they are booked for Jambo DVC, they will have CL access with that room as well. Hopefully others will verify that or correct me if things have changed :flower3:. good , point - never even thought of that!

see this is why I love Disboard!! ::yes::

I prefer 1st or third for some sort of outdoor space/seating. I do have a friend that always asks for 2nd because she prefers to sit in the lounge and not need stairs/elevator to access the lounge. So really all have a perk.

On the lagoon side you can cut across the grass but on the gv its not really possible based on the bushes in front and lots of grass. However the hall to either end/door is quick.
Rooms on 3x34 end are close to both pools, elevator and lounge. Rooms on 3x19 are super close for Oasis pool and closer if you want to walk to TTC

ah - ok thank you for clarifying. didn't realize about the bushes in front of rooms. Still I like the patio idea for our family. We just took a Disney cruise beginning of December and my 3 year old decided to climb on the table of the veranda to get a "better look". So for now, no balconies for us! Patio it is! :thanks:

Just read his review. Pretty spot on from my perspective. I tend to like his reviews and style - usually fair with a good mix of the pros and cons.

SL food options are looking very good!

Random note, I was behind Josh in line for Navi River Journey during an AP preview day last May. I have never seen someone take so many photos of a queue! :-)

I’ll have to read it before bed and dream sweet club level dreams. :D
That’s awesome! He’s like a celebrity. :laughing: Did you talk to him?

Glad y’all had fun on your recent trip, even if it was cold! :-)

Note, a very large tree on the far end of the building between Hawaii and the Oasis Pool fell over in Irma. With this tree gone, that space is now more “open” than before. Rooms on the non-lounge end of the building have improved views of the pool. ok, who else would know this but you? I love it!

Personally, I’d want to be on the third floor, but I’d be happy with a first floor room too. 3rd floor does sound lovely...

Your question on the AKL split is an interesting one. They ‘should’ have access all day but I wouldn’t put it past Disney IT for something to happen behind the scenes to make the bands not work. Your friend may need to go talk to the front desk if that happens. I’d be curious how that ends up working out, if you happen to think about it down the road. I think that is the concern. (the IT aspect) But as MickeyNut points out, she may already be in a DVC club room anyway (and not realize it)? That would never be the case with me! lol...

Hope you have a great trip! Now you just have to wait until April. :-)
thank you!!

We are staying at the Poly CL and my daughter has tree nut allergies(Epipen type) and I wanted to know how they deal with allergies. It’s the cross-contamination that worries us the most. Our plan was to eat breakfast at the lounge, but now I am worried she might not have safe food. Does anyone have recent experience at the Poly CL with allergies?
Thanks!
Poly CL is AWESOME with allergies!! The chefs there are so accommodating! They often made separate appetizers for myself and my daughter (gluten sensitivity) but we are not sensitive to cross contamination. They have some prepackaged things in the back (and I know the gluten free items are usually nut and dairy free as well). For breakfast, they usually have gluten free bread and/or bagels in the back if you ask, but i would confirm that it is also nut free. My DD’s friend has a nut allergy like your daughter’s but she has only stayed at BWI CL and RPC with us...but I would assume it is the same bread?? The chef at Poly said that if there is any risk of cross contamination, they will get items from in room dining because they have a separate kitchen for preparing allergy friendly food. Most items like bread, cheese and fruit are usually pre-plated and wrapped in plastic wrap before being sent to the CL kitchen because they don’t actually prepare the food there. They do have a separate toaster in the lounge if you ask. For dessert, you can order something from in room dining if there is nothing safe for her to eat (no additional charge)...although the items are limited (tapioca pudding or fruit with chocolate fondue for us but both were good). Again, the chef will know if there’s anything she can have in the lounge, and they always have prepackaged chocolate chip cookies in the back if you ask:). Make sure to have DSS note a severe nut allergy on your reservation, but then still confirm that the chefs are aware. They will usually ask what time you plan to eat breakfast, etc and they will have it ready for you. A word of caution (you may know but I learned the hard way), if dining at a restaurant, don’t trust a know it all server...always speak to the chef! There were poppy seeds in a roll my DD’s friend ate (she has MANY allergies)!! Of course, being a teenager, she just swallowed a handful of Benadryl and didn’t tell anyone until the next day :scared1: (although she may not be as allergic to those as peanuts). I hope you have a great trip!

We are staying club level at the Grand Floridian. My elderly grandparents have Spa appointments one day while we will be at the parks. My grandpa will have a scooter but Grandma will only have a wheelchair (she can’t see well enough to drive a scooter). They will need help getting from the Sugarloaf building to the Grand Floridian Senses Spa (about a 10 minute walk). Do you think anyone at the resort will be able to push my Grandma’s wheelchair and show my Grandparents how to get to the spa or do you think we will have to leave the parks to help them?

I know! I’m loving them. I’m hoping he gets to Animal Kingdom Lodge soon. :-)

I just thought I would post it here in case someone was eagerly awaiting the review like I am awaiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge review.

I've been hoping he does one for AKL soon too! At this point, that's where we're booked for April, although not sure if that will be our final spot. I've enjoyed reading the other ones - made me really want to try Poly CL...

I’ll have to read it before bed and dream sweet club level dreams. :D
That’s awesome! He’s like a celebrity. :laughing: Did you talk to him?

We did chat, but I waited until we were towards the end of the line. I didn’t want to be “that guy” and he was obviously busy.

What I really wanted to do is buy him a beer at Nomad Lounge after the ride and grill him about crowd calendars, but I let it slide. :rotfl:

I used to use his calendars a ton when I first started going to WDW, but he sadly doesn’t do them anymore (for valid reasons).

I wish they did ride photos on NRJ because we ended up being on the same boat - that would have been a keeper! :goodvibes

We are staying club level at the Grand Floridian. My elderly grandparents have Spa appointments one day while we will be at the parks. My grandpa will have a scooter but Grandma will only have a wheelchair (she can’t see well enough to drive a scooter). They will need help getting from the Sugarloaf building to the Grand Floridian Senses Spa (about a 10 minute walk). Do you think anyone at the resort will be able to push my Grandma’s wheelchair and show my Grandparents how to get to the spa or do you think we will have to leave the parks to help them?

Due to liability insurance they are not allowed to physically assist in any way. You will need someone to take your grandmother to the spa if she is unable to walk unassisted.

So did anyone see the new rumor on the board the CL guests will be offered 3 more FP per day for $50, each person! That's insane if you ask me. Would anyone use this?

I agree, it's crazy! I wouldn't spend the extra money, but that's just me. I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they never changed the FP system. I liked it the old way :rolleyes1.

I get how what I am about to say sounds but given the prices they charge now for CL - I frankly believe CL stays should come with a couple anytime/any ride fast passes.
Won’t cost them anything but would add huge value to CL stays!

They keep taking away stuff and aren’t really adding anything on so this would be a “cheap” thing for them to do while showing CL Guests that they are valued ‍♀️

I agree! :thumbsup2

see this is why I love Disboard!! ::yes::

:goodvibes

I don't think we would buy the extra FP at those prices. We've been too many times and it's not that important to anyone in my family.

I'm guessing that the average CL guest is not a park commando. So it's not like they will be hogging all the FP, but they will be able to (easily at 90 days) get the few ones that are important to them.

If they did this for the general population, I don't think it would be good. Those who are able to afford the (ridiculous) prices shouldn't be able to get the best FP. I don't think that opening it up to CL guests only will have much of an effect (due to fewer numbers of guests). Many of us think a few anytime FP would be a nice perk of CL, but it looks like, as with all things, Disney is going for the $$.

I agree, it's crazy! I wouldn't spend the extra money, but that's just me. I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they never changed the FP system. I liked it the old way :rolleyes1.

I agree! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Given we are a very small percent of CL guests but it seems like the vast majority us say no. For those that have said but it's worth it so you can do Navi and FOP. I wonder if you've actually rode Navi? Its not bad ride but if I spent an extra $200 to ride it for my family of 4, I would want a refund.

I've seen people being shuttled around in golf carts, I wonder if that's a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter