DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question...is it best to ask for as high up as possible or does it not matter???
My family and I have had a Magic Kingdom view as high as the 14th floor and as low as the 6th floor and I did not see a difference. Also you should know there are no Magic Kingdom view rooms on the 5th floor because of the Monorail station so that side only has the Bay Lake view, which means the Magic Kingdom views start from the 6th floor. Also like I said before if you are not staying Club Level the highest floor you can request is the 11th floor, since the 12th and 14th floors are Club Level.

disneylover74 said:
When does the Wave open up? We will e staying there for a short trip starting April 4th. If anyone could enlighten me that would be great!! Thanks:)
The Concourse Steakhouse is set to close on May 10th, 2008 and since the Wave is currently being built right now, I would assume it would open around that time. So we just got to wait for the official announcement for the grand opening date.

Hi- great info here, just needed to ask a question of all of you.

Never stayed at a Deluxe before; we are a family of 5 so we always opt for a mod with two connecting rooms.

Thought maybe we'd *try* the Contemporary for our trip in October. We have ressies now for that time at POFQ, which we love.

Just wondering if you all think we'd be miserable in one room at the Contemporary???:confused:

It's me, DH, DD age 13, DS age 9, and DD age 6.

It will be for 9 nights, so we don't want to be wishing the entire time that we had more space. Oh, and we'd be getting a tower room, MK view, not concierge floor.

I told DH we could "just suck it up, we'd be in Disney World for Heaven's sake" ;) ; but saying that now and living it are two different things, LOL.

Thanks for your opinions.:)

Jo

By all means, PLEASE try CR!!!!! It is our fav! We usually have 3 adults and a dd4 and we fit with no trouble whatsoever. Granted there is limited drawer space, but there are ample closets. The convenience of being on the monorail alone is well worth it. To be able to see the castle and fireworks from your hotel room is outstanding. The atmosphere is the best!! All I can say is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.......Beware though, once you go deluxe, you never go back!!!!

Yes - agree with others here - Contemporary MK view rocks big time. You will NOT be disappointed with it. The views, the lobby, the atrium, the walk to MK, the monorail access are definately worth it if you can swing it. Also, the room floor space is huge so you will be fine there. The pool itself is just OK.

Now - for the part that some on this thread may disagree with - seeing that you will be there for 9 days, and also considering that you have the budget for a deluxe, consider a split stay with Contemporary at a place like BC/YC. What you lose in view you get back with an awsome pool, beach, boardwalk atmosphere + convenient access and proximity to EPCOT and MGM.

Instead of 9 days at one great place with just an "OK" pool, you get the best of both worlds - CR with all its perks + BC/YC with all of its perks. Just an idea.....

Well, we won't be going to WDW this Saturday as planned. The kids and I are all really sick, and DD has the flu (even with the shot). DS is coughing, not eating, and exhausted. There is no way any of them need to be going to parks or flying. Originally we were scheduled for Sept 2007, but when DS got sick and was in the hospital for 22 days, we cancelled. Maybe April will be our lucky month!!! Only bad part is the CR is booked, so we'll be at the GF in a Theme Park View room. I'm going to keep checking for cancellations in the mean time.

Well, we won't be going to WDW this Saturday as planned. The kids and I are all really sick, and DD has the flu (even with the shot). DS is coughing, not eating, and exhausted. There is no way any of them need to be going to parks or flying. Originally we were scheduled for Sept 2007, but when DS got sick and was in the hospital for 22 days, we cancelled. Maybe April will be our lucky month!!! Only bad part is the CR is booked, so we'll be at the GF in a Theme Park View room. I'm going to keep checking for cancellations in the mean time.

Sorry about your cancellation! I hope your family is healthy and you have a great trip in April.

Denise I hope you and your kids get better really soon and it's to bad you been having this bad luck of cancelling your last two trips to WDW. I hope you do get a reservation at the Contemporary so keep checking, but if you end up at the Grand Floridian I am sure you won't mind because you will want to be at WDW.

Sorry to hear you will not be going this weekend....best wishes to your family for a speedy recovery. I have twin girls that are 2 and a half and I know how it is when they get sick and the last thing you want to do is travel with them.

I will be going May 3-9 staying that the CR tower Magic Kingdom view, I hope there is a cancellation so you can stay at the CR.

:)

triplefigs, I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. I was really looking forward to your posts about your trip and seeing your pictures. After everything you and your family have gone through, you really need this next vacation.

Here's an easy one -
We'll be eating at Chef Mickey's the day we arrive at CR. Without a doubt, we will be needing an autograph book for the dinner. Are these available at a shop at the CR so I can grab one upon arrival? I'm interested in the autograph/photo album combination. Does anyone have a rough price estimate? I can get one before we leave, but that would be one less thing I have to worry about leaving at home! :laughing:
Thanks!

Here's an easy one -
We'll be eating at Chef Mickey's the day we arrive at CR. Without a doubt, we will be needing an autograph book for the dinner. Are these available at a shop at the CR so I can grab one upon arrival? I'm interested in the autograph/photo album combination. Does anyone have a rough price estimate? I can get one before we leave, but that would be one less thing I have to worry about leaving at home! :laughing:
Thanks!

The answer is yes (at least there was in May) but I can't remember the price.

Here's an easy one -
Thanks!

we bought ours at the gift shop at CR at the end of April I dont remember price either

Hi triplefigs, I read a lot of your posts and I am so upset for you! My hubby and I were suppose to be in Cancun for a long weekend starting yesterday BUT my middle son got the flu so I know how you feel! We are planning a trip to WDW is August to surprise the kiddies and changed from GF to CR because of the views and info posted by CR resort fan for life...he/she is filled with such great knowledge of the resorts/parks and has influenced my decision. I hope your daughter feels better and keep checking back about the CR..I did and tonight a MK view at the CR became available so I switched resorts! :banana:

We are planning a trip to WDW is August to surprise the kiddies and changed from GF to CR because of the views and info posted by CR resort fan for life...he/she is filled with such great knowledge of the resorts/parks and has influenced my decision.
I am happy I was able to make you feel comftorable in switching to the Contemporary and for the record I am a guy.

Is there a boat that goes to the Poly and GF from the CR or do we need to take the monorail? We have stayed at the Poly twice and love those little boats in the evening. we have ADR's at both the Poly and GF for dinners.

Is there a boat that goes to the Poly and GF from the CR or do we need to take the monorail? We have stayed at the Poly twice and love those little boats in the evening. we have ADR's at both the Poly and GF for dinners.
No there is not. If you want to visit the Polynesian and Grand Floridian just take the Resort Monorail.

Hi triplefigs, I read a lot of your posts and I am so upset for you! My hubby and I were suppose to be in Cancun for a long weekend starting yesterday BUT my middle son got the flu so I know how you feel! We are planning a trip to WDW is August to surprise the kiddies and changed from GF to CR because of the views and info posted by CR resort fan for life...he/she is filled with such great knowledge of the resorts/parks and has influenced my decision. I hope your daughter feels better and keep checking back about the CR..I did and tonight a MK view at the CR became available so I switched resorts! :banana:
Thanks. The kids are still really sick, so we definitely made the right decision. I will keep checking for cancellations at the CR!

Thanks. The kids are still really sick, so we definitely made the right decision. I will keep checking for cancellations at the CR!

Hoping you are all going to recover quickly and completely very, very soon. Sorry for your disappointment with the cancellation. Healing blessings going out to all of you.:goodvibes

This thread is approaching the point where it will be closed. Someone will need to start a new thread and then we will pin this new thread to the resorts FAQ sticky. Please read the note from Webmaster Alex on the first page of the resorts board. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1710001

I'd be happy to start a new one, but it'll be a day or so. I'd like to get new pricing info, pictures, links, room layouts, info on concierge, etc to put on the first page. CR Fan, would you help me?

I'd be happy to start a new one, but it'll be a day or so. I'd like to get new pricing info, pictures, links, room layouts, info on concierge, etc to put on the first page. CR Fan, would you help me?
Of course I would be willing to help you, the only thing is I don't have to many pictures the way you do. Still anything I can to help please PM me and we can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter