Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked 4 nights in mid December, Preferred/King Bed option. As I understand earlier posts, this would be in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Does anyone know if all three of these are slated to be renovated by the time we arrive? I did request a renovated room. Have not stayed at CSR for many years. Thanks!

So I'm planning a trip for my parents in mid-November. They are booked for a king room. Their neighbor just came home with tales of doom and gloom about how awful the resort is, there are walls everywhere, sidewalks blocked off so you have walk a lot further, there's no South American atmosphere, wouldn't know you were at a Disney resort, etc. I'm not sure where they were staying yet, although I did ask dad to ask them. How much truth is there in what they told him? Does anyone have any really current photos that they could post so I could show him? Thanks!

@Artemus - they are working on some preferred rooms now

@Sunstar - how much truth? Depends on your perspective. We stayed in July and the only disruption for us was visual. We were in a renovated 8A water view, facing the construction, and couldn't hear it in our room (or at the main pool or El Centro). The new temp bridge actually made our walk shorter.

So I'm planning a trip for my parents in mid-November. They are booked for a king room. Their neighbor just came home with tales of doom and gloom about how awful the resort is, there are walls everywhere, sidewalks blocked off so you have walk a lot further, there's no South American atmosphere, wouldn't know you were at a Disney resort, etc. I'm not sure where they were staying yet, although I did ask dad to ask them. How much truth is there in what they told him? Does anyone have any really current photos that they could post so I could show him? Thanks!

There were three main areas of construction I noticed: one in the Ranchos section (minor construction - actually only saw workers at like 2 PM in this section, on arrival day). One in the preferred Casitas buildings. Then the area basically fenced off by the new temp bridge. As PP said, this is all pretty much only a visual disruption, though I guess if somebody is in their room during normal business hours near a construction zone, they may be bothered.

On my last CSR night I walked around the entire resort before/during sunset, at dusk, and at night just to experience it, with lots of pausing to take in the theme. The walking is a matter of personal ability and preference, imo. I love walking all around big resorts like this. You are not far from any bus stops wherever you stay, though, and you can hop on any park bus to get to El Centro if you want instead of walking. (Just not Disney Springs, I think.) I was in Ranchos, the "far" section, and it takes like 7-10 leisurely minutes, if that, to get to El Centro via the temp bridge.

Atmosphere. Looking at all of the architecture, design, and little touches as I walked around, I thought all of the sections are quite attractive, and though it doesn't scream "estoy en Sudamérica," I think the buildings are faithful reproductions of styles influenced by South America. The landscape changes with the buildings -- Ranchos had cacti and other dry desert (ish) vegetation, other areas were typical "tropical." The lobby, atrium, Pepper Market, gift store, etc. are beautiful. However, I think it is more subtly themed than, say, the Polynesian.

Don't get me started on the not-yet-remodeled room interiors ;) I hated my room. But after all of the room refurbs are complete, I would enjoy staying here again. I think having a refurb'd room would definitely boost one's opinion of the resort, because the grounds and theming are really pleasant and tastefully done -- but the old rooms are kind of demoralizing. Or mine was in particularly bad shape

I'll post a few photos from the last night; I don't think I have any of the construction (naturally) but I have others of just parts I liked. Un momento!

Last edited:
csrlobby.jpg casitasetc.jpg csrcasitas.jpg elcentroetc.jpg peppermarketceiling.jpg pmtablesart.jpg

I hope these are clickable for full-size viewing (if not, will fix later - dinner time!)

lobby fountain, looking at Casitas (well, the sky, but Casitas was there ;) ) from outside restaurant areas, El Centro etc., looking up inside Pepper Market, some of the tables/artwork in Pepper Market. They have interesting art displayed on many walls around the main buildings, but I didn't get to take photos of all of them.

@earfulofmagic Thank you for showing these beautiful pictures :love:
Makes me looking forward to seeing it all for the first time in November.

Are there any warning signs etc. at the lake regarding alligators? Is it possible to reach the water somewhere?

And is the noise of the renovation disturbing? I've read on FB that they're giving out special pins in the rooms?

Thank you for showing these beautiful pictures :love:
Makes me looking forward to seeing it all for the first time in November.
and the good thing is the pictures really aren't spoilers - it's *much* prettier in person!

Are there any warning signs etc. at the lake regarding alligators? Is it possible to reach the water somewhere?
yes, there are signs re: gators/snakes around the property. technically you can reach the water a number of ways, including just walking by and crossing grass to get to the water, but I don't think anyone is allowed to enter. very picturesque to walk past, however!

And is the noise of the renovation disturbing? I've read on FB that they're giving out special pins in the rooms?
noise: I really didn't find it disturbing. the construction was a non-issue, but maybe a noise problem for folks staying in Casitas or Ranchos buildings closest to the renovations if they are in their rooms a lot during the day.
pins: yes! pins are of The Three Caballeros and are construction-themed.

@earfulofmagic Thanks so much for your reply! ☺️

I'm just a bit nervous with two little boys, hope they won't run straight to the water. Of course we'll keep both eyes on them while walking around the resort.

It's great to read that you didn't find the noise disturbing and that you also received the cute pins. Hope they're still giving them out in November, hehe.
But I've read you were so unhappy with your room :( We'd prefer a non-renovated room as we like the old colours better (from what we can see on pictures)... But it's horrible you had to deal with mold and a really bad room though... Did you complain? We'd love to stay in the Cabanas section if we may.

I probably should have said, we've stayed at CSR many times and consider it to be our home resort. From what people have said and posted pictures of, I'm not seeing anything different from the last time we were there. I'm suspecting that it's my dad being alarmist.

What are the most sought after non premium standard buildings at the resort that we should try to request?

What are the most sought after non premium standard buildings at the resort that we should try to request?
It definitly depends on what you want to be close to.
Close to El Centro and closest to the first bus stop for pick up and drop off- you would want to request Casitas 4 or 5.
Close to the Dig Site pool - Cabanas 8A but all of the Cabanas and Rancho's are pretty close.
Quietest area- Rancho's
Refurbished room- 7A or 8A

There are really great things about each section and every section has their own bus stop so your never far away from one.

@earfulofmagic Thanks so much for your reply! ☺️

I'm just a bit nervous with two little boys, hope they won't run straight to the water. Of course we'll keep both eyes on them while walking around the resort.

It's great to read that you didn't find the noise disturbing and that you also received the cute pins. Hope they're still giving them out in November, hehe.
But I've read you were so unhappy with your room :( We'd prefer a non-renovated room as we like the old colours better (from what we can see on pictures)... But it's horrible you had to deal with mold and a really bad room though... Did you complain? We'd love to stay in the Cabanas section if we may.

I think until all resort construction is over, they'll give out the pins, so you'll likely get a set in November :)

I did not complain! I requested a renovated room in advance, then asked to be moved at checkin after getting the room text and seeing it was in the non-renovated part of Ranchos. They said there weren't any renovated rooms available. After seeing the room, I didn't think moving would matter.

Can't remember if I already said this, but mousekeeping was great at CSR. There's no problems with that aspect of the room. It's just that the rooms felt so overdue for the refresh, like torn furniture, stains on curtains/walls, ripped carpeting, a shower tub that took forever to drain, moldy and musty, etc. Just a layer of "tired" that cannot be fixed by cleaning alone. BUT I survived, obviously, and I wonder if my room was just particularly beat up.

I know you said you prefer the color scheme of the old rooms, but I still think a renovated room will be more comfortable overall, especially if you're staying longer. Either way, I'd request Cabanas, then you'll have a fair shot at getting an old or new room. (And I'm betting even if you got a new room but didn't like it, they'd move you.)

We stayed in an "old" room last year and a "new" room this year. The only really difference was the "freshness" (especially the bathroom). The beds and pillows were great in both refurbished and non-refurbished rooms...and that's really what I care about at Disney: a good sleep!

I love the showers in the renovated bathrooms with the two shower heads. The removable one makes it sooooo much easier for washing the shampoo out of my daughter's very long hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter