• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you make your room request?

We make ours when we book, we always book by calling the Main Reservations line. But you can make your requests via phone anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Thank you both. I don't have a fax machine and from UK so not sure how that works. Our perfect honey moon would be top floor in cabanas 8a but probably not likely as only king rooms left.

On the website when I put my dates in that is all that comes up. I asked on here if Disney release rooms in stages and the most common answer was not anymore

If I fax and ask for a renovated room, is that enough, or do I need to request a specific building?

This is for a standard room stay.

If I fax and ask for a renovated room, is that enough, or do I need to request a specific building?

This is for a standard room stay.
From what I understand, that is enough. If your request is granted, that would put you in 7A or 8A. Unfortunately, renovated room is the #1 request.

I just booked a bounceback to CSR for a short anniversary trip next July with only my DH. We have never been to WDW without the kids. We love Mexico, so I booked CSR for the theming. We recently stayed at POR and loved the large size of the resort. The walk around the resort and the river and to POFQ was so pretty.

After booking, I started to second-guess the tower construction.

1. Does anyone know when the 15-story construction is supposed to start going up? Right now, there isn't a large construction looming over the rest of the resort, but thinking that it may be visually unappealing next summer.

2. Are there any pools, restaurants or amenities that will be closing due to construction?

3. When are the room refurbishments supposed to be completed?

Thanks to everyone posting pictures, etc. TIA!

hello visiting,

Someone on here has said the rooms should all be renovated by next summer. Disney has said none if the facilities or amenities will be affected by the construction.

Due to potential impacts from Hurricane Irma, Orange and Seminole Counties have issued a mandatory curfew starting at 7 p.m. on Sunday, September 10. According to Orange County and Seminole County Emergency Management, citizens are to comply by staying off the roads except for individuals commuting – if safe to do so – to and from places of work, fire, police, emergency and hospital services, medical patients, utility emergency repairs and emergency calls by physicians within the curfew zone.

Curfew will start at 7:00pm for the resort

I have never stayed at CS resort, but I'm considering changing my bounce back in July 2018 to CS. I could only afford a standard room, so how long would the walk be to the food court? We generally use our refillable mugs quite often. Any suggest on which section(s) I should request?
What do you all love about the resort?
Are there any negatives?
The trip will be me, by 65 year old mother, my 16 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter.
Thanks in advance for your help

CSR is on my list for next year. Does anyone know when the 15 story building will start or end??

@Mbuksa - one of the best things about CSR is that there is drink refill and quick service right at the main pool. So, even if you are in the "back" of the resort, you are still close to a drink station for mug usage. You can also take any park bus around to El Centro is you don't feel like walking.

Honestly, I only see positives with CSR (central location, multiple dining options, deluxe-lite amenities, excellent main pool area). The only negative is the current room rehabs and tower construction. We stayed in July and it did not impact our stay, except visually.

@Mbuksa - one of the best things about CSR is that there is drink refill and quick service right at the main pool. So, even if you are in the "back" of the resort, you are still close to a drink station for mug usage. You can also take any park bus around to El Centro is you don't feel like walking.

Honestly, I only see positives with CSR (central location, multiple dining options, deluxe-lite amenities, excellent main pool area). The only negative is the current room rehabs and tower construction. We stayed in July and it did not impact our stay, except visually.
Thank you so much for the info. This is very helpful. I didn't know about the refill station at the main pool. That is great.
Out trip is schedule mid July 2018, any thoughts on if all the rooms (Beside the tower) will be completed?

I'm usually against staying at a resort with construction so I'm going to keep an eye on the tower. We are planning for November 2018.

Thank you so much for the info. This is very helpful. I didn't know about the refill station at the main pool. That is great.
Out trip is schedule mid July 2018, any thoughts on if all the rooms (Beside the tower) will be completed?
You're welcome! The projected rehab timeline is/was "summer 2018," but they seem to be behind schedule. There are two building complete and two being worked on, but there are still eight more to go. I'd guess *maybe* half that gets done by summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter