Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be honest? Coronado Springs wasn't our first choice for our upcoming trip. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Pop and Wilderness Lodge but by the time I was able to switch for free dining, only Coronado was available for our dates. Tell me what you love about Coronado. I'm worried that it's a huge resort with multiple bus stops. What do the "old" rooms look like? Are they really worn?

I may be wrong, but I thought I read on one of these boards that you would definitely get connecting rooms if your children were under a certain age (maybe under 15?). Maybe call the main reservation number and ask. Let them know that the children would be in a room by themselves and I'm sure they will help you. This may have to be your only request but I can't believe they would ever separate kids from the parents without a connecting room.
Yes, Disney does "Guaranteed Connecting Rooms" if there will not be an adult in the second room. You just have to make that request on the phone, and note that you need the guarantee because there is only one adult.

Yes, Disney does "Guaranteed Connecting Rooms" if there will not be an adult in the second room. You just have to make that request on the phone, and note that you need the guarantee because there is only one adult.

How are you able to book 2 rooms with only 1 adult? I've never been able to.

It will be just me traveling with four kids (11 and under). I can't risk rooms that don't connect. Believe me, things would be so much easier if Disney guaranteed connecting rooms!
They will guarantee connecting rooms if there is just 1 adult and all the rest are kids. I have taken my grandkids alone several times. You will need to call and book the 2 rooms and they will provide you with a "travel with" #. and on my reservation it will say "guaranteed connecting rooms". Out of our 15 trips, 13 have been a request for connecting rooms and we have always gotten that request but we don't have any other requests making this our 1 and only. Normally we stay and POP but have also been successful at 1 of our trips at CBR. Hope this helps a little.

How are you able to book 2 rooms with only 1 adult? I've never been able to.
You cant do it on line. You have to call and book them. Explain only 1 adult. They will book it for you and give you a travel with number and guarantee connecting rooms.

Does anyone know where the elevators are located in building 8A and 7A?

Last edited:
You cant do it on line. You have to call and book them. Explain only 1 adult. They will book it for you and give you a travel with number and guarantee connecting rooms.

Hmmmm. I always book by calling and have always been told there has to be 2 adults for 2 rooms. It's a moot point for us now anyway, but thank s for the info.

In 8A there is an elevator next to the ice machine (bus stop side of the building).
Thank you! I have read that some of the buildings have elevators in odd areas of the buildings. I (like everyone else) am requesting and hoping for a refurbished room in 7a or 8a and prefer a first floor but don't want to limit myself.

Elevator location in 7A, anyone??

Can I be honest? Coronado Springs wasn't our first choice for our upcoming trip. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Pop and Wilderness Lodge but by the time I was able to switch for free dining, only Coronado was available for our dates. Tell me what you love about Coronado. I'm worried that it's a huge resort with multiple bus stops. What do the "old" rooms look like? Are they really worn?
We stayed in the renovat d rooms this trip, but I've stayed in the older rooms and they're about standard for a Disney room. The new rooms, IMO, are the best standard rooms on property. There may be multiple bus stops, but we haven't seen any full busses since we have been here (12th-20th). It seems like everyone is afraid of the construction so CSR doesn't get near the love it deserves.

I hope someone would be able to answer, but how is the construction impacting the resort. Is it noticeable? I hate to book a vacation in the middle of a construction zone. I can't find a thread or pictures. TIA

I hope someone would be able to answer, but how is the construction impacting the resort. Is it noticeable? I hate to book a vacation in the middle of a construction zone. I can't find a thread or pictures. TIA

We stayed in Ranchos 7B in August and had no problems due to construction. It was very visible in terms of construction fencing with large cranes and construction equipment behind, but it wasn't in the way. In fact, they've built a new bridge, so looking at the old map it appears that the walk from our room to the main building was actually shorter that it was before. The restaurants, gift shop, etc. aren't involved at all. I think the only significant change is that bus stop 1 is currently directly outside the entrance to El Centro instead of being off to the side. That was more convenient too, especially when it rained!

I'm hoping I will have a good chance of getting a refurbished room for our July 2018 trip. Would love the 2 sinks, new mattresses and all the extra storage

YES me too the beds for comfort due slipped discs in the past and two.sinks practical for his and hers and the finish is just beautiful perfect for honeymoon.

I'm hoping I will have a good chance of getting a refurbished room for our July 2018 trip. Would love the 2 sinks, new mattresses and all the extra storage
There will be several more buildings refurbed by then so you will at least, have a better chance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter