Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.. hoping for advice/opinions please (had a read through the boards but didn't make all 419 pages!). From UK. Booking WDW for June 2019, two adults and two 'kids' aged 18M and 16F.. so staying in a normal 2xQueen bed room not really an option this time.. we stayed in Port Orleans Riverside in 2012 and loved it. (and Fort Wilderness cabin 2009). Looking at Coronado Springs as an option. (maybe two adjoining rooms) I like the theming, the price is better than PO.. BUT my concerns are: 1.Is it primarily a convention centre? (I have visions of hordes of salespeople letting off steam post convention!) 2. Is the construction work likely to be completed by June 19, if not, how disruptive is it? (Looks far less than at Caribbean). I loved the peace at Campground and PO.. the quiet pool is much more what we're looking for :-). Any thoughts much appreciated!

Hi.. hoping for advice/opinions please (had a read through the boards but didn't make all 419 pages!). From UK. Booking WDW for June 2019, two adults and two 'kids' aged 18M and 16F.. so staying in a normal 2xQueen bed room not really an option this time.. we stayed in Port Orleans Riverside in 2012 and loved it. (and Fort Wilderness cabin 2009). Looking at Coronado Springs as an option. (maybe two adjoining rooms) I like the theming, the price is better than PO.. BUT my concerns are: 1.Is it primarily a convention centre? (I have visions of hordes of salespeople letting off steam post convention!) 2. Is the construction work likely to be completed by June 19, if not, how disruptive is it? (Looks far less than at Caribbean). I loved the peace at Campground and PO.. the quiet pool is much more what we're looking for :-). Any thoughts much appreciated!

We stayed at CSR for the first time this past April. (Me, DH, DS11, DS15). Granted there may not have been a full blown convention while we were there, but there was definitely some activity in the meeting room areas. (we walked through the convention center to pick up a package.) The only convention-ish stuff we saw outside of the actual convention center was a quiet, private gathering in a Casitas
Courtyard one evening.

Our boys did not want to share a bed....We requested a rollaway and are happy to say it was a available and easily fit in the room. We ended up leaving it open all of the time....so we lost some floor space and window access. (If the rollaway hadn't been available, we would have used a twin air mattress.) We didn't have tons of room, but it worked out fine and saved money.

when we go back in a couple of years (to celebrate my 50th :) ), I will likely splurge on a Junior suite. Instead of two regular rooms, you get a regular room plus an adjoining room furnished with a pullout sofa. It would give us the three sleep surfaces we need with more room, plus the bonus of a couch for watching tv and such.

As for construction, it is hard to say what will be going on in a year. However, I think the goal is 2019 completion. It is possible that the large scale outdoor work will be done and they will be working mostly on the inside of the tower and new restaurant.....maybe someone else can make a more experienced guess. When we were there, the construction was visibly obvious but, for us, not disturbing. Overall, I really liked the theming.

I'm going to be staying in this hotel for my upcoming trip (the photos and videos looked gorgeous, and I just can't afford a stay at a Deluxe resort), so I'm hoping the construction will be done or wrapping up when I'm there. Given it will be next fall, I think I'll be in luck. It sounds like I made a good choice overall, though, which is a relief!

Welcome to the DIS!

We love Coronado and older kids will love the pool!

I have been there for several conventions, but I never felt like the conventioneers took over an area.

I am not sure when the construction work will be totally finished, but from the above posts the main pool will be done. That is a big deal for us. The quiet pools are nice, small but still very nice.

The renovated rooms are awesome! We really love the Casitas area. Close to the main pool, a lovely quiet pool, but stop right outside and close to the main lobby.

Looking to book this resort perhaps for our upcoming stay in December- what do you think the chances are of the pool construction being done on time?? We arrive on 12/19- 12/23. Would really love to be able to enjoy the main pool.

Looking to book this resort perhaps for our upcoming stay in December- what do you think the chances are of the pool construction being done on time?? We arrive on 12/19- 12/23. Would really love to be able to enjoy the main pool.

I don't have an answer for you, but we are in the same situation, arriving to CSR on 12/20. I am really crossing my fingers that the pool refurb will be done on time! The pool is a huge part of the trip for our kids. We are from up north, so swimming in December is a real treat, no matter what the weather!

We are booked under free dining, so our options are limited, especially since we need two rooms. I'll be watching the pool progress nervously. :tilt:

Just finished my first stay at Coronado Springs and LOVED it! We have only stayed at deluxe hotels to this point. My 10 year old announced he liked CSR better than the Yacht Club. I am not sure I would go that far, but I did like it better than the Poly post refurb. We were in room 4325, a standard view room in Casitas. We did not get any of my room requests, and our room was not ready on arrival, but we ended up loving our room location. It was very convenient to bus stop 2 (first on, first off), and I will definitely request building 4 in the future. Our room overlooked the quiet pool, and was close to both an elevator or staircase, which we used to walk to the dig site or lobby area. The walk, even in the heat or at the end of the day never bothered me. I had built up the distance between buildings in my mind to be much further than it is in reality. The refurbished rooms are gorgeous. We loved the sliding door to sink area, and missed this when we checked into the Boardwalk for a night after our stay. There was plenty of room for luggage under the beds, which was really nice. The only wish I had in the room was for an option for more than one person to be able to eat on a surface at a time. A little side table or pull down desk extension would have been nice. The CMs were friendly and helpful, our dining experiences at Siestas and Pepper Market were both good (preferred Siestas), and we were wowed by the beautiful buildings and scenery. The resort felt very quiet, we hardly saw anyone walking around the resort. For those worried about convention guests, I prefer them to rowdy families! The pool was not crowded, a surprise at this time of year, great guards and activities at the pool, and we loved the slide, huge hot tub, and general layout of the dig site. I was travelling alone with my 3 kids, and am now wishing there was a better option for the 5 of us to stay at CSR in the future. The construction didn’t really bother us. The tower isn’t pretty, but we only heard construction noise once, midday, and not from our room. We enjoyed a painting activity in Panchitos on Friday night. (Offered Wednesdays and Fridays 5-9.) It was $15 a piece, with choice of many different Oaxan wood sculptures to paint. They turned out really well (the CM helped touch up my youngest’s turtle), and make an interesting souvenir. I was happy to have stumbled on this. Thanks to all on this thread who helped me be willing to try a new resort. I hope to return someday soon!

Has anyone that’s staying at CSR during the dig site pool construction received a letter about the pool closing and if so, did it provide an alternate resort pool location guests can utilize with the dig site being closed? We’re deciding on heading to CSR for early August last min trip where the pool construction won’t be an issue or November where it will be. I’m going to call guest services to see what they say but curious if anyone’s heard any word on this.

Has anyone that’s staying at CSR during the dig site pool construction received a letter about the pool closing and if so, did it provide an alternate resort pool location guests can utilize with the dig site being closed? We’re deciding on heading to CSR for early August last min trip where the pool construction won’t be an issue or November where it will be. I’m going to call guest services to see what they say but curious if anyone’s heard any word on this.

I haven't, but they have three quiet pools (non-themed) at CSR in addition to the Dig Site, so I highly doubt they would send you to another resort's pool.

I have a November reservation and did receive an email saying The Dig Site would be closed, but the three other pools will be open.

I have a November reservation and did receive an email saying The Dig Site would be closed, but the three other pools will be open.
I don’t like that the other pools lack the amenities of the large pool like the slide. Guess I just need to think whether or not that’s a deal breaker.

Where did you get this info? I am considering switching my ressie, but the pool is a big part of our trips, so I want to make sure the dates are correct. Thanks!
Disney posted this info a few months back and several fan sites have posted it since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter