Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked two rooms as pre- and two rooms post- cruise in January. Taking a girls trip to CSR in August. I'll be at CSR two times within 5 months! ! I am SOOOOOO excited. My DH has never experienced this resort and I am so happy to be able to take my whole family for a CSR and Cruise extravaganza in January!

I forgot to add that we did ask for housekeeping everyday. Only one time was our room not serviced. We got back to the room about 2pm and I needed a shower. While I was in the shower my DS12 yelled to me that they someone was at the door and wanted to service the room. Of course I said no :scared: but did ask for fresh towels. About 30 minutes later we get a call that they would like to do a room check. Told them sure and we would be out of the room before 4pm. We had ADRs for Be Our Guest, could not miss that! :cool1:

Hello all.
I haven't read through this entire thread (yet). We are staying at the CSR and would love to get a refurbished room. Our favorite area is the Casitas. Are building 4 or 5 in the Casitas (not-preferred) updated?
Also, the Casitas quiet pool is open, right?
Thanks in advance.
Mark

Last edited:
Hello all.
I haven't read through this entire thread (yet). We are staying at the CSR and would love to get a refurbished room. Our favorite area is the Casitas. Are building 4 or 5 in the Casitas (not-preferred) updated?
Also, the Casitas quiet pool is open, right?
Thanks in advance.
Mark

"Regarding casitas: Is it preferred rooms only there or do they offer standard rooms also?
Buildings 1, 2, and 3 are preferred and 4 and 5 have standard rooms along with waterview"

Someone had previously stated that ALL of Casitas has been refurbished. So, I guess you would want a room in 4 or 5.

"Regarding casitas: Is it preferred rooms only there or do they offer standard rooms also?
Buildings 1, 2, and 3 are preferred and 4 and 5 have standard rooms along with waterview"

Someone had previously stated that ALL of Casitas has been refurbished. So, I guess you would want a room in 4 or 5.
We booked a standard room. We are going to request Casitas 4 or 5. So, I guess if we get that we will get a refurb room?
Thanks

We booked a standard room. We are going to request Casitas 4 or 5. So, I guess if we get that we will get a refurb room?
Thanks
Yes, if you get a room in Casitas it WILL be a refurbished one. I love that section. It is so pretty with all the fountains and interior courtyard-type areas. I have always been in Cabanas, but when I ran around the resort in the morning, I was like, What is THIS? So pretty! Have fun!

Thinking of switching from POP to Coronado for our stay at the end of August. We have stayed at POFQ, Contemporary, and AKL. I have been on the Coronado property. For those who have stayed at both, what is the bus service like? Will be able to rope drop DHS at 7AM for EMH?

Thinking of switching from POP to Coronado for our stay at the end of August. We have stayed at POFQ, Contemporary, and AKL. I have been on the Coronado property. For those who have stayed at both, what is the bus service like? Will be able to rope drop DHS at 7AM for EMH?
I stayed at AOA and Coronado. I do have to say I prefer the main central bus stop at POP and AoA compared to Coronado. The resort is beautiful, but depending on which section you stay in will dictate how full the bus is that you are getting on and the number of stops you will sit through on your way back.

With that said, DHS is so close to Coronado that it loops around frequently. Its only about a 6 minute drive. I did not attempt EMH so I can't answer that portion, but I definitely got lucky with the busses when I stayed in Cabanas.

We've stayed at POP and Coronado Springs.
The bus stops at CS are under roof.
A plus if it's raining.
We used Bus stop #3 (Which is the second stop on the route.) and never had a problem getting seats.
POP's buses seemed to arrive more frequently than the ones at CS but neither was an intolerable time between pickups.

Hi. We are arriving July 11th and were wondering about the Pepper Market. We stayed here a few years ago and weren’t thrilled with it. Is it still the same set up of the waitresses/waiters bringing drinks etc. and expecting tips? Also, if we have the refillable mugs is it ok to fill them prior to coming into the Pepper Market?

Hi. We are arriving July 11th and were wondering about the Pepper Market. We stayed here a few years ago and weren’t thrilled with it. Is it still the same set up of the waitresses/waiters bringing drinks etc. and expecting tips? Also, if we have the refillable mugs is it ok to fill them prior to coming into the Pepper Market?

Pepper Market is fully self serve now...get your food and go through cashier station......self serve drink machines are located outside the food/cashier area like other resort food courts.

Thoughts and guesses on how bad the construction noise may be during a Nov 14th-15th trip? Planning to spend most of this trip at the Dig Site and Disney Springs....

I stayed at POP and just got back from CSR. I think CSR is well worth the upgrade (which for us this weekend was minimal). We were in the Cabanas in a renovated room. Super close to the bus stop #4 and the Dig Site pool, which my kids LOVED way better than POP's. The new MDE app has bus times, which made it awesome to get to the parks in the morning. We did drive to HS and if you have a car think that's definitely the better way to go because it's literally a 5 min drive. I didn't mind the walk to the main building or hear much construction noise from Rancheros at all. All in all really liked this resort.Was way more relaxing than POP, the rooms were bigger, and it was much less chaotic. I liked the designated bus stop for my section of the resort. Didn't mind riding the extra stops to get home at night. Hope that helps!

A quick opinion. We just returned from our first trip to Disney with our Annual Passes. On day one we drove 7.5 hours and got to CBR. We were in Martinique 24 right next to the construction of the new tower. It really didn't bother us too much and we decided we would definitely stay at CBR again if the chance arises. Next day we moved to the Polynesian and had a wonderful 6 day stay. We got back on Friday and were immediately missing Disney so I was looking online to see if we could get something cheap the week before Columbus day checking out on actual Columbus Day. I checked on an off through the weekend for annual pass discounts(Pretty much looking for any relatively cheap moderate or deluxe). Yesterday when I put in the dates a very low price popped up for Coronado Springs and I snapped it up. Its about 50$ cheaper per night than what was available at CBR. It also checks the last of the moderate resorts off our list.

I know there is construction and I know that the main pool area will be closed. However this is just a bonus trip on top of what we already planned. During our 6 nights at the Poly we really only hit the pool 2x(we spend most of our time at the parks). I really think we will be okay with the pool closure and construction. Just wanted to get opinions on if this is a mistake to stay here. Again most of our time is spent in the parks and we will have a car for alternate transportation if needed.

Also as a side question: We really have no issues with walking or being far from El Centro. If we had a number one request it would be getting a refurbished room. Any advice on what section to request?

A quick opinion. We just returned from our first trip to Disney with our Annual Passes. On day one we drove 7.5 hours and got to CBR. We were in Martinique 24 right next to the construction of the new tower. It really didn't bother us too much and we decided we would definitely stay at CBR again if the chance arises. Next day we moved to the Polynesian and had a wonderful 6 day stay. We got back on Friday and were immediately missing Disney so I was looking online to see if we could get something cheap the week before Columbus day checking out on actual Columbus Day. I checked on an off through the weekend for annual pass discounts(Pretty much looking for any relatively cheap moderate or deluxe). Yesterday when I put in the dates a very low price popped up for Coronado Springs and I snapped it up. Its about 50$ cheaper per night than what was available at CBR. It also checks the last of the moderate resorts off our list.

I know there is construction and I know that the main pool area will be closed. However this is just a bonus trip on top of what we already planned. During our 6 nights at the Poly we really only hit the pool 2x(we spend most of our time at the parks). I really think we will be okay with the pool closure and construction. Just wanted to get opinions on if this is a mistake to stay here. Again most of our time is spent in the parks and we will have a car for alternate transportation if needed.

Also as a side question: We really have no issues with walking or being far from El Centro. If we had a number one request it would be getting a refurbished room. Any advice on what section to request?

If you like CBR I don't think you'll have any issues with CSR. I think the Casitas are all done at this point and they're a mix of standard and preferred. They're also the first bus stop for the parks and a short walk to El Centro, which is nice.

We stayed (1st time) at CSR in April....I found the construction obvious but not at all bothersome. While we only used the main pool, I would think the smaller pools in each section will suffice seeing as how pool time is not your priority. As for room request- we were in Casitas near bus stop 2 and El Centro....found that very convenient and I liked the theming. That said, if you aren't concerned about distance from El Centro or being at the first bus pick-up stop you may also be perfectly happy with Ranchos or Cabanas....I read positive feedback on both. Your best bet may be to simply request a refurbished room. (I had requested a refurbished Ranchos room and was assigned a non-refurbished Ranchos room...was reassigned to Casitas when I asked them to please call and look for a refurbished room.)

I really liked CSR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter