Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first visit to CSR is coming up this Friday. Any suggestions as to what building to request? Looking at photos it seems like the Casitas look the nicest to me. I really have no problem regarding the distance to things but more about aesthetics. Thanks in advance for any help.

We are going in August 2019 and I switched our reservation from POFQ to the new tower building here. We have been to both resorts before, but I do like the idea of trying out something new each time, so I figured this would be a neat opportunity to do that.

We just got back Friday from an awesome week at Beach Club. We like to stay Club level and I just noticed I can book a room for Christmas week 2019 in the new Gran Destino Tower. Among the room choices are rooms with "Club Level Access" so is it going to be like AKL where you don't stay on the same level as the club? Or like Beach Club where you are on the same floor. Also does anyone know if you can book the extra fastpasses at this resort like other club levels? TIA!

Last edited:

We just got back Friday from an awesome week at Beach Club. We like to stay Club level and I just noticed I can book a room for Christmas week 2019 in the new Gran Destino Tower. Among the room choices are rooms with "Club Level Access" so is it going to be like AKL where you don't stay on the same level as the club? Or like Beach Club where you are on the same floor. Also does anyone know if you can book the extra fastpasses at this resort like other club levels? TIA!
According to Buzz's site, no info yet on the floors and/or club lounge and yes to the extra fastpasses.

Thinking about booking CS for a 10 day trip next July. I really like the main pool area from the the pictures Ive seen and we plan to spend a good bit of time at the pool being in the summer. Other than the tower, what sort of construction can I expect?

Thinking about booking CS for a 10 day trip next July. I really like the main pool area from the the pictures Ive seen and we plan to spend a good bit of time at the pool being in the summer. Other than the tower, what sort of construction can I expect?

All the construction including the tower should be completed or very close to completed by July.

That eases my mind.

Financially Im looking at about $700 more than Pop but Im hoping for an AP discount to be released at some point. Pulling the trigger today.
I pulled the trigger last night after 5 Guinness' lol We were able to book 12/21-28 Club Level in the new Gran Destino Tower for $3K less than Beach Club. I figured I would grab it while it's available and once it opens if it turns out to not be what I hope it is, I can change to another resort.

Well ...... I decided to call Disney reservations and after the first hold of almost 2 hours, I called back 30 minutes later and got someone within 15 minutes. I asked a lot of questions about CSR Gran Destino Tower and finally someone that had information got on the phone. Now they may be wrong as most don't have all the info but I was told by a supervisor that being that this resort is a moderate, they will not offer the CL fastpass program. They also told me that Club Level Access is going to give us access to the offerings and DSS but there are no "Club Level" rooms noted in their information so ....... I changed it to the Beach Club. We love their Club Level!

Well ...... I decided to call Disney reservations and after the first hold of almost 2 hours, I called back 30 minutes later and got someone within 15 minutes. I asked a lot of questions about CSR Gran Destino Tower and finally someone that had information got on the phone. Now they may be wrong as most don't have all the info but I was told by a supervisor that being that this resort is a moderate, they will not offer the CL fastpass program. They also told me that Club Level Access is going to give us access to the offerings and DSS but there are no "Club Level" rooms noted in their information so ....... I changed it to the Beach Club. We love their Club Level!
CM's at the call center are always the last to find anything out.

Is there a place I could see all the details of the construction underway? Dates, changes, restaurants, etc?

Tentatively booked free dining for August with my wife, 3yo, and 9mo. Trying to figure out if we’ll enjoy the resort.

Also potentially looking to switch to the new Tower (not free dining) so interested to understand its pricing, amenities, room size, etc.

Booked yesterday with no discount and rebooked today with the Soak up the Sun and Fun room offer and dropped the cost of a standard room down over $600 which comes out to about $185/night.

Stayed last year in a preferred room which we really enjoyed. Just booked a Tower Water View with dining for August. Looking forward to something brand new!

So just switched from Poly Club Level to Coronado Preferred for May 17th-26th. While my kids loved Poly, I just was getting queasy about the cost and for half the price we can stay at Coronado which I have wanted to try. I am curious is there a way to still request a roll away or fit a twin air mattress? While I can share a bed, both of my taller children sleep very restlessly and I will be kicked- a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter