Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why some cast members are pretending not to be aware of the NBA teams staying there - I spoke with someone yesterday who was adamant she had heard nothing about it when I asked the question about my 8/26 stay. When she returned to the phone, she said that WDW will reach out to us re changing resort. Why be so cagey?

Rubbish! It's been posted nearly everywhere in news outlets that the top seeded teams are staying at CSR 🙄 -- We're still waiting for our TA to get back to us as we have a ressie in a GDT Water View King room 9/27-10/4. I am not open to a CBR move. I'm really perplexed that Disney thinks that GDT to CBR is a comparable move. If I could talk to them myself I would press them on it and say if it's 'comparable' I'd like a future GDT room at a CBR price 😉

Yeah I don’t see why they are offering CBR rooms for GDT guests. If it was a normal room in CSR then sure I wouldn’t mind the move but CBR is not an equal or similar room type or experience. They offered us a CBR room for our GDT stay on 9/16-9/23 and my TA had to push back a bit stating this was not an acceptable move and we were then put in a deluxe studio standard view room at AKL Kidani.

Im happy with the turnout but it just boggles my mind that GDT guests are being given CBR and told that is an lateral move. It’s a downgrade in every sense. GDT is just a really odd placement Since it’s located in a moderate resort but the price per room and the accommodations are well above all the other moderates.

Yeah I don’t see why they are offering CBR rooms for GDT guests. If it was a normal room in CSR then sure I wouldn’t mind the move but CBR is not an equal or similar room type or experience. They offered us a CBR room for our GDT stay on 9/16-9/23 and my TA had to push back a bit stating this was not an acceptable move and we were then put in a deluxe studio standard view room at AKL Kidani.

Im happy with the turnout but it just boggles my mind that GDT guests are being given CBR and told that is an lateral move. It’s a downgrade in every sense. GDT is just a really odd placement Since it’s located in a moderate resort but the price per room and the accommodations are well above all the other moderates.

By offering a preferred room its essentially a room in Martinique. No way CBR is in the same catergory as GDT tower.

The best lateral move would have been Standard View Wilderness Lodge / AKL Jambo house but both of those are closed. So since there was no lateral move available GDT should have been bumped up to the next level not bumped down. If you consider rack rate at GDT WV its easily in the low to mid 300's per night. Contemporary non tower or a DVC studio would have been a much better idea and not made anyone get upset.

I'm so desperate for a vacation!!!

I was out for a walk just now and even though next May is my first time at CSR, I've watched so many videos. This office by us just finished all new landscaping and took down the fence. I saw it and thought to myself - hey, this looks like parts of Coronado Springs landscaping! :rotfl:

Resized_Screenshot_20200714-122606_Gallery.jpeg

Resized_Screenshot_20200714-122530_Gallery.jpeg

Booked a trip for Nov 2-5 in GDT! Now I have to watch crowd levels like a hawk and hope they stay on the lower side. :flower:

We had reservations for Thanksgiving week but I am cancelling them on Monday. The Covid numbers in FL are through the roof, no park hopping, reduced everything except cost. I really didn't want to but it makes no sense to pay full price for reduced amounts of fun and food options.

We had reservations for Thanksgiving week but I am cancelling them on Monday. The Covid numbers in FL are through the roof, no park hopping, reduced everything except cost. I really didn't want to but it makes no sense to pay full price for reduced amounts of fun and food options.
Yeah I'm a FL resident so it wouldn't be a huge hassle to cancel the reservation, but of course if it's bad by then, I'll be really bummed. Hoping we can turn it around, but....it's Florida.

We are thinking of book CSR. We stayed here 8 years ago. What are the highlights of staying at this resort over others?

We are thinking of book CSR. We stayed here 8 years ago. What are the highlights of staying at this resort over others?
It’s fairly newly renovated- beautiful rooms. Great pool with fun water slide and theming. Huge hot tub. Great food at restaurants and bar. Overall feel gives you that Disney magic while also giving off a more adult upscale vibe.

For any families that have stayed in the tower...how was it sharing the bathroom?? We will have 3 adults in a room and the bathroom will definitely be a bit of a challenge :)

For any families that have stayed in the tower...how was it sharing the bathroom?? We will have 3 adults in a room and the bathroom will definitely be a bit of a challenge :)
We had just 2 adults in a standard tower room in January. Wasn't bad. We just had to be mindful in the morning when getting ready.

Does anyone know why all the restaurants and gift shops are showing "closed" at this time? We are booked for October and if we can't eat on site I want to move to another resort.

Does anyone know why all the restaurants and gift shops are showing "closed" at this time? We are booked for October and if we can't eat on site I want to move to another resort.

The NBA is using Coronado Springs as their main hub until the middle of October as they restart and complete their current season. Teams are in the GDT and support staff and media in the other buildings.

Just changed my Marathon Weekend stay from AoA to CSR - Tower Water View!!! I haven't been to CSR in 20+ years, so I'm super excited!!!

It's been reported that the opening of Coronado Springs has been delayed until October 15th.

It's been reported that the opening of Coronado Springs has been delayed until October 15th.
It was slated to open 10/14, so this would only be a 1 day delay. And I’m not seeing this reported anywhere. WDW site still has 10/14 listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter