Disney's Dark Kingdom (Complete list on pg 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about this for years and while I think it would be great...I'm still waiting on that Colonial Disney concept that was in the works back in the 80s/90s up here in VA. It would make my life if a small part of Disney was five minutes from me. Not gonna happen though.

5th gate = rumour. :(

There has a been a rumor forever that Disney owns property in Van Alstyne, Texas and is planning a park there as well. I have lived in Texas my whole life and can tell you very little goes on in Van Alstyne. LOL

I am for one that would just Like Disney to grow with In , and with what they have already. What there dong In Fantasyland good example,but agian there focus Is to the smaller crowd and the female crowd. They have yet to really open up to the teen/young adult crowd. Thats the crowd US gets,and thats the Market Disney Is loseing. They do not have to go to the extrem Of US,they aleady have a lifetime fan base,they just need to update there casset player to CD:rotfl2:.

Can I get a ...AMEN ???:worship:

AMEN, AMEN!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

As we were leaving the Poly to go home in December :sad1:, our ME bus driver said that the new land was going to be Pixar themed. Specifically "Cars" and "Nemo" and he felt one other but couldn't remember. Who can say?:confused3

Think of all the possiblities with the lands/sections.

Pirates Cove- Hook, Davy Jones, Barbosa, Black beard
Ghost town - Jack Skellington/Boogeyman, headless horseman,
Villian Ville - Gaston, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Cruella, Monstro, Scar, Hades, Hopper, Zurg
Witch Way - Malificent, Snow White witch, Ursula, White Witch

I've heard this rumor for a couple of years also. Does anyone have any news articles or sources for the rumor? I think it would be a great idea - hope Disney will go through with it someday.

A travel channel special taped a few years ago; about the 4 parks, shows one of the imagineers saying they know they have room for a fifth park - have no intention of letting anyone know what the theme is and how long it would take to come to fruition.

I would think anything else above that would be purely conjecture on anyone's part.

I've seen that special. I'm so obsessed that I slow motioned it several times at the end. There was a statue of liberty in the background. So I hoped that there would be an America park.

This idea has also been called "Shadow Kingdom". I like the idea of calling it Dark Kingdom though. It sounds better and seems more Disney appropriate because of all their dark rides.

I found this image below while searching for info

Hollow_Bastion.jpg

A travel channel special taped a few years ago; about the 4 parks, shows one of the imagineers saying they know they have room for a fifth park - have no intention of letting anyone know what the theme is and how long it would take to come to fruition.

I would think anything else above that would be purely conjecture on anyone's part.

I've seen that show also, thinking back did they say they had ideas for a fifth park or an other park.

For some reason I'm thinking that "other" park isn't in Florida but overseas. Just a thought.

I like the concept. This park would have an awesome Halloween season. There's no way a fifth gate is coming for atleast 10 years imo. Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney will get a 3rd gate first, and Hong Kong Disneyland a 2nd.

I've heard about this for years and while I think it would be great...I'm still waiting on that Colonial Disney concept that was in the works back in the 80s/90s up here in VA. It would make my life if a small part of Disney was five minutes from me. Not gonna happen though.

Hey they do have a nice chunk of land in National Harbor. I am thinking it will be a DVC but I could go for a Disneyquest so close to home! :banana:

Oh and keep in mind DCL has the new boats, so with Fantasyland, Carsland and the new ships I think they are out of funds for a while. :sad1:

Also, shoot, I'd just love to see Villains in Vogue have actual VILLAIN stuff in it instead of Pirates and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Oh my goodness YES!!!!!!:worship:
I think a whole park dedicated to Villains might be a bit dark though....Maybe they could have Villains on one side and Heroes on the other?:wizard:

Hey they do have a nice chunk of land in National Harbor. I am thinking it will be a DVC but I could go for a Disneyquest so close to home! :banana:

You do realize that that ship has come and gone.

When I first heard of the Disneyquest concept I was working for the local Convention and Visitors Bureau in Pittsburgh.

At the time we promoted the fact that Pittsburgh was within 500 miles of something like 80% of the US, we just built a state of the art airport, yada, yada, yada.

I went into Director of Tourism and told her that we need one of these, well you can see where that went.

This idea has also been called "Shadow Kingdom". I like the idea of calling it Dark Kingdom though. It sounds better and seems more Disney appropriate because of all their dark rides.

I found this image below while searching for info

Hollow_Bastion.jpg

I Belive thats from the Kingdom of Hearts games, but a fifth gate based on villians would be awesome, maybe they could finally build that unbuilt Nighmare Before Christmas ride were you went through the scenes on flying coffins.

A villain themed park would be so great, esp. at Halloween! I wonder though if Disney would ever go through with something that 'dark' considering their target audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter