Disney's Dark Kingdom (Complete list on pg 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFan79, where did you "read" that the 5th theme park is Dark Kingdom? Was it in a recent article or was it something from within the company? What is your source?:)

I heard that dark kingdom would only operate at night, which is ridiculous, but thats the type of stuff you hear when poking around on the internet.

5th gate = rumour. :(

There has a been a rumor forever that Disney owns property in Van Alstyne, Texas and is planning a park there as well. I have lived in Texas my whole life and can tell you very little goes on in Van Alstyne. LOL

Same thing here in Livingston Parish, Louisiana! The Port of New Orleans (about an hour away) is also rumored to be another port for the Cruise Line.

Can I get a ...AMEN ???:worship:

:worship::worship: AMEN!

Maybe someday our dream of a fifth gate with a darker theme will come true.....until then...it's fun to speculate! what would also be cool is to a park based on the ideas that never came to pass. Another poster gave the link for the world that never was...that could also be interesting!

AMEN, AMEN!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

As we were leaving the Poly to go home in December :sad1:, our ME bus driver said that the new land was going to be Pixar themed. Specifically "Cars" and "Nemo" and he felt one other but couldn't remember. Who can say?:confused3

DCA is building Cars Land - set to open in 2012. They have a new Little Mermaid attraction going up as well.

Disney can't even finish the projects they've announced at this point (Flamingo Crossing :confused3). Given that this rumor has been around as long as I've been on the boards I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Disney is packing their parks and resorts now with a million different discounts/promotions. Until enough people complain about the crowd levels or crowds exceed capacity on a regular basis for years, Disney is content to milk us for every dime we're willing to give them on the existing parks and resorts and restaurants. Its much cheaper to invest in the existing parks (Fantasyland expansion) than to build another park. The Fantasyland expansion will occupy guests for decades.

Sorry to sound so cynical, but I really haven't seen Disney do much of anything risky or really innovative business wise in a LONG LONG time. Updating existing queues doesn't really count much - improves existing guest experiences, but doesn't expand anything. The WD Studios have finally stepped it up a bit with Princess & The Frog and Rupunzel, but wow it was a long time coming. Pixar has carried the animation slack from Disney until recently.

DVC/DVD is another story - they are building, and building, and building...

Bob Iger said 4 years ago there would be no new theme park in Orlando for the forseeable future. The focus will be on the upkeep and renovation of the existing parks. I believe him. :) But it is nice to speculate and dream.

I have been hearing rumours of a Villains park for at least 15years - I too think it would be wonderful and I don't think it would be too dark.

I think it would be great for Disney, especially if it had a more coasters than the other parks.

I think the villans park would be cool. Might tone down on some of the younger kids because they would be too scared that Captain Hook or the evil queen might come around the corner. Mine would love it and would play along with them.

I have heard rumors that Disney was coming to Springfield, Missouri...while that would be closer for me and I could soooo get a quick fix many times a year....the weather sucks and it would be a spring thru fall type of park. I seriously doubt it. Not holding my breath.

I believe it was Staggs who made the comment about no theme park for the foreseeable future. However, that was in 2005. I've heard the Dark Kingdom rumor on other sites, but so far no one wants to give a credible source. I have read that the 5th park is the next major imagineering project following Shanghai Disney. I've also read a Reedy Creek report that projects a major 5th park by 2018. But, they said it wouldn't be before 2013. So, maybe somewhere in between those dates. Is there anyone who works for Disney who has heard a similar rumor about Dark Kingdom or another park? Note: I know that the Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek was rumored in 2008. I've since heard that that pricey animal park is dead - yay!:)

I heard that it is going to be a "secret park." It will be built in the middle of the woods, and only open after dark, and the only way to get there will be taking a roller coaster from another park. There will be special "night time" openings at animal kingdom, but the only attraction open will be expedition: everest. The roller coaster will make a "surprise turn" and instead of coming back to the DAK exit it will go a few hundred yards through the woods beyond animal kingdom to this new "miniland" that is dark kingdom. You get off the coaster in traverse town. The only way to get back is to ride a roller coaster back that comes out at the expedition everest exit. In the land, there are villain rides. Coming in on everest means that only height requirement tall people can go to the whole land. It is not really a new "gate" so much as an after hours, "big kids" place for animal kingdom, technically I think it is still managed by animal kingdom, but will be marketed as the "secret kingdom" and "disney's biggest secret" to try to appeal to teens and tweens and dinks. Basically villains and some biggish new coasters and some night club like things. It is to replace the need for pleasure island for that demographic of on-site guests, without letting in the riff-raff.

While a fifth park based off of villans would be awesome it WILL NOT happen until at least 2020 pry way later then that disney is still doing a few resorts and DHS and AK need some love before another park comes in the works.
You cant have 3 parks with a small list of attractions that you can do in a half day so until AK and DHS become full day parks(or at least one does) this is not even an option.

Hah, I have inside info that the 5th park is ALMOST COMPLETE! Disney has been bribing Google for years to hide evidence of it on google maps and all the airplanes route around it so no one can see what it is!

Or I drank half a bottle of absinth last night and had a fever dream while "The Village" played on TV.

One of those two for sure :P

This thread would be a better fit on our rumors board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Rumors like this have been around for a while now. Hopefully they'll become a reality someday!

I have heard rumors of this, and I think it would be absolutely amazing. We may not see it for a while, but WOW this would be an awesome park. :)

Count me in the group who thinks they don't need another park. What they need to do is finish the ones that they already have. Add rides to AK and DHS along with an E-ticket or two at Epcot and MK. It would cost far less to do this than to build another park. The infrastructure is already there for the existing parks, but they would have to create a whole new infrastructure for a new park. My suggestion: (1)Beastly Kingdom and Australia for AK, (2) Carsland and Monsters Inc coaster for DHS, (3) Mount Fuji coaster and redo JII at Epcot, and (4) Tron coaster for MK. That would add just enough attractions to spread the crowds out further and would not require near the investment that a new park would. My 2 pennies worth.

As a father who has kids that ride everything at Kings Island and Ceder Point WDW is a bit tame for them. I love WDW for the photo's and the family concept but I can see in a couple more years the pre-teens being teens will not want to hit WDW since there are only a couple thrill rides. They will want to go to Universal of Bush Gardens when we go to FL. If Disney were to open a 5th gate with a more thrill or mature theam the kids would want to go. Look at Epic Micky that is pretty dark and so is Kingdom Hearts it has been done in a way b4 so lets make it happen as a park.

As a father who has kids that ride everything at Kings Island and Ceder Point WDW is a bit tame for them. I love WDW for the photo's and the family concept but I can see in a couple more years the pre-teens being teens will not want to hit WDW since there are only a couple thrill rides. They will want to go to Universal of Bush Gardens when we go to FL. If Disney were to open a 5th gate with a more thrill or mature theam the kids would want to go. Look at Epic Micky that is pretty dark and so is Kingdom Hearts it has been done in a way b4 so lets make it happen as a park.

Disney doesn't really care if your kids outgrow WDW and move to US or BG as long as more younger kids take their place. :thumbsup2

I've posted the following comment in every "5th Park" thread. Disney will build a fifth park when ...

• They can get families to take longer vacations, not the trend these days.
  • They can make a week 8 days, requires they figure out how to manipulate the space time continuum.

Right now Disney knows that a family of 2 parents and 2.1 kids spend 6 days at WDW and 70% have never been to WDW and a for a certain percentage this will be their only trip. How can you expect them to fit a fifth park into their plans?

Adding a 5th park for everyone thats been there done that is just not required for Disney to keep making money. In fact if a new park just shifts people away from the existing parks WDW loses money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter