(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Countdown yourself! pixiedust:I plan on frequent visits to Poly for my Dole Whip addiction. DH refers to our DVC purchase as the most expensive Dole Whip he’s ever bought.

Hope everyone has a Grand Saturday!

We are down to 46 days, but will be at our other Home Away from Home, CCV!

It's funny what your DH said about DVC!!! My DH bought both DVC's for me last year for my 40th... so my birthday is coming up again in December and I was hinting to my DH a couple little things I'd like. He told me I already got my presents- and they're "the gifts that keep giving year after year!!!!" :rolleyes:

Never stayed over Halloween, many times during the season though! You’ll more than likely see lots of folks that dress up and attend MNSSHP! I don’t recall ever hearing of a actual special event say like at Easter when the Grand does have events!!!!!

Have FUN!!!

After a quick search this is a list from previous years, I also looked at the special event calendar for the GF and nothing was listed, maybe keep an eye on that it may soon change.

View attachment 355956

This is wonderful

When do the holiday decorations normally come down after Christmas/New Year season? We are staying at the GF Jan 3-5 and hoping to still catch the Gingerbread house.

I always thought decorations started coming down around Jan 2nd or 3rd, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully others will be able to say for sure with a more definite time frame.

We stayed at the Poly two years ago and LOVED it. We can save $$ if we switch to GF club level with the current promos running. Tell me how does the GF compare to the Poly. We loved the theme, room size, music being played at the hotel and grounds, watching the fireworks from the beach, monorail, the food choices, the landscaping. Pretty much, we loved everything about the Poly. lol My DH is wanting to book the club level at the GF. We've never done club level, so he thinks it would be fun to try it.

We stayed at the Poly two years ago and LOVED it. We can save $$ if we switch to GF club level with the current promos running. Tell me how does the GF compare to the Poly. We loved the theme, room size, music being played at the hotel and grounds, watching the fireworks from the beach, monorail, the food choices, the landscaping. Pretty much, we loved everything about the Poly. lol My DH is wanting to book the club level at the GF. We've never done club level, so he thinks it would be fun to try it.

We stayed at the Polynesian for the first time in July. We really liked it too! (And will be back!) however, our family absolutely loves the Grand Floridian! There’s something about it that, to us, stands out above the rest. We love the atmosphere, we love how everything is walkable, grounds are beautiful, it’s relaxing, the lobby is amazing, my kids love the beach pool and splash pad... there’s just something so special about it. We stayed for the first time in December ... 3 weeks later we bought DVC there! LOL But that’s just how we feel! I would definitely give it a try if you’ve never stayed before. Especially if you’re doing RPC - you’ll be instantly hooked!!! Who knows, it might be your new favorite too! Enjoy and good luck deciding!

Are there any standard rooms at GF that are classified as Outer Building Lagoon View that you can see the fireworks from? If so, which building/floor and room number?

Are there any standard rooms at GF that are classified as Outer Building Lagoon View that you can see the fireworks from? If so, which building/floor and room number?

Outer building lagoon view is an option. As far as standard do you mean like a 2 queen room or king or standard like the cheapest view category with possibly a lagoon view?

Hi all! I am looking for a pre-cruise resort. It is a 2 night stay. We only have 1 day, so we will be at MK, of course! I am consider GF, but only outer buildings are available. This is in Dec, so I want to enjoy the Christmas decor. Will we still be able to enjoy the holiday ambiance if we are in an outer building, or should I pick one of the other resorts?

Outer building lagoon view is an option. As far as standard do you mean like a 2 queen room or king or standard like the cheapest view category with possibly a lagoon view?
Our reservation is for an outer building lagoon view. Are there any of those room types that you can see the fireworks from? If so, which building/floor/room?

Less then 4 1/2 months until we stay at GFV for the first time! :cloud9: I can't believe we finally get to actually stay at our home resort, I'm completely excited.

A quick question- at OKW, we requested and got a mattress topper for the sofa bed, do they offer them here too? I hate sleeping on the super thin pull out sofas, the one at Jambo was awful.

Our reservation is for an outer building lagoon view. Are there any of those room types that you can see the fireworks from? If so, which building/floor/room?

Try requesting something maybe around 8321 or 8323 that would be 3rd floor Boca, remember it’s only a request and not a guarantee, there are more rooms than just those that would give you that view.

Hi all! I am looking for a pre-cruise resort. It is a 2 night stay. We only have 1 day, so we will be at MK, of course! I am consider GF, but only outer buildings are available. This is in Dec, so I want to enjoy the Christmas decor. Will we still be able to enjoy the holiday ambiance if we are in an outer building, or should I pick one of the other resorts?

The Grand is decorated fabulously during the holidays, you would still be able to enjoy everything in the lobby and such.

Less then 4 1/2 months until we stay at GFV for the first time! :cloud9: I can't believe we finally get to actually stay at our home resort, I'm completely excited.

A quick question- at OKW, we requested and got a mattress topper for the sofa bed, do they offer them here too? I hate sleeping on the super thin pull out sofas, the one at Jambo was awful.
I'm not sure but I have slept in both blt and vgf sleeper sofas and they are not like normal beds. They are so thick you can't feel the bed bars beneath you.

I thought the bed felt hard but have slept good on them non the less.

Oh I always call housekeeping for extra blankets. They have 1 for each of the pullouts in the living area but I want 2 per bed .

I'm not sure but I have slept in both blt and vgf sleeper sofas and they are not like normal beds. They are so thick you can't feel the bed bars beneath you.

I thought the bed felt hard but have slept good on them non the less.

Oh I always call housekeeping for extra blankets. They have 1 for each of the pullouts in the living area but I want 2 per bed .

That's good! The chair bed at BLT was fine so I'm sure I'll sleep fine on the pull out sofa at VGF :)

It's only for a few nights anyway. Worst comes to the worst, I could always see if I fit on the murphy bed!! haha!

I needed 2 blankets definitely at OKW, the room was so cold!! Not sure what was up with our air conditioning unit.

Hello! We are heading down Nov. 1-6 staying RPC and also in the outer CL building. When do they start putting together the gingerbread house in the lobby??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter