Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't know about take out from the table service restaurants. The only one I've personally them do it at is Sanaa (from the bartender) so I don't think it hurts to ask!

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find out more about carryout on the Restaurant forum.

We're scheduled to land at 3:30 in the afternoon. Usually we plan a nice dinner on our arrival night, but I don't want to risk the $10/pp charge if our flight is delayed (and we also don't want to plan an 8:00 dinner). Is there a nice place where we could eat without a reservation? We'll have our 3-year-old with us so I'm leaning away from the lounges, but I'd love a Lapu Lapu if possible.

I was going to say Kona as well, as @Amanda999 suggested, but my recommendation is to have a back-up plan if you don’t find a reservation.

My “in a pinch” recommendation would be the Oasis Bar & Grill at the Oasis Pool. Seating is outdoors but covered. It’s typical pool bar food and it might not fit your “nice dinner” qualifier, but I find it to be pretty good and it’s convenient with little ones.

I was going to say Kona as well, as @Amanda999 suggested, but my recommendation is to have a back-up plan if you don’t find a reservation.

My “in a pinch” recommendation would be the Oasis Bar & Grill at the Oasis Pool. Seating is outdoors but covered. It’s typical pool bar food and it might not fit your “nice dinner” qualifier, but I find it to be pretty good and it’s convenient with little ones.
We’ve also sat on the patio at Trader Sam’s arrival night. Hubby and I get drinks and food from the TS menu and grab the kiddos chicken fingers from Captain Cooks.

Imagine my surprise when I confessed to my husband that I wanted to go Disney in the fall (we just took a long trip last month so I figured he would say no go) and he agreed... but only if we stay at the Polynesian. Fine by me! Had to compromise at 3 nights instead of 4 but I am so excited to start following this thread and learning more about Poly! :tiptoe:

How exciting! Three nights is better than no nights! Have fun planning :goodvibes.

Just booked our adults only weekend getaway at the Poly over Memorial Day Weekend! So excited to be coming back! Stayed here last May and LOVED it! Since it will just be adults this trip hoping to go the Trader Sams the Friday evening we arrive. Think I'll have an issue getting in? Does it still get really crowded? We're ok with hanging at the outside area too. Thinking we'd head there around 6-630p ish.

Enjoy the planning! Hope you have a great return trip back to the Poly :).

We're scheduled to land at 3:30 in the afternoon. Usually we plan a nice dinner on our arrival night, but I don't want to risk the $10/pp charge if our flight is delayed (and we also don't want to plan an 8:00 dinner). Is there a nice place where we could eat without a reservation? We'll have our 3-year-old with us so I'm leaning away from the lounges, but I'd love a Lapu Lapu if possible.

Another option might be the GF Cafe. It's not at the Poly and no Lapu Lapu, but it's a short walk or monorail ride away if something at the Poly doesn't work out ;).

Be aware that if you want to eat at Kona Cafe now, it is reservation required. We were turned away last Nov at breakfast because we had not made a reservation.

Great suggestion! I guess what I meant by "nice dinner" is more leisurely (well, as leisurely as we can be with a 3-year-old), since we're not rushing off to the park that night.

We’ve also sat on the patio at Trader Sam’s arrival night. Hubby and I get drinks and food from the TS menu and grab the kiddos chicken fingers from Captain Cooks.

This is a fantastic idea! I didn't realize there was an outside patio.

Another option might be the GF Cafe. It's not at the Poly and no Lapu Lapu, but it's a short walk or monorail ride away if something at the Poly doesn't work out ;).

Be aware that if you want to eat at Kona Cafe now, it is reservation required. We were turned away last Nov at breakfast because we had not made a reservation.

Thank you for all the great suggestions! I think, if the weather is nice, we won't even bother trying to get a reservation when we land. Oasis and TS both look like perfect options on a nice evening. If we can't get a reservation and it's raining, maybe we'll try the 'Ohana menu from room service.

Thank you for all the great suggestions! I think, if the weather is nice, we won't even bother trying to get a reservation when we land. Oasis and TS both look like perfect options on a nice evening. If we can't get a reservation and it's raining, maybe we'll try the 'Ohana menu from room service.

Great idea to play it by ear and decide when you arrive! Have a great trip :wizard:.

181 days to go! Im so exited bc now my grown kids are coming as well! MY DS and his DG (first time) and her DS(5) (first time) and DD are staying at ASmu Family Suites! I didn't think I would get a trip again with my grown kids so Im so thankful.. We just lost my mom on 3/2 an dit brought us closer and all of a sudden both kids wanted to go to WDW too, so I booked a family suite for them so my DS and his DG could have some privacy..

181 days to go! Im so exited bc now my grown kids are coming as well! MY DS and his DG (first time) and her DS(5) (first time) and DD are staying at ASmu Family Suites! I didn't think I would get a trip again with my grown kids so Im so thankful.. We just lost my mom on 3/2 an dit brought us closer and all of a sudden both kids wanted to go to WDW too, so I booked a family suite for them so my DS and his DG could have some privacy..
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom :hug:
That's so nice you are all getting to go as a family and I hope you all have a great time. 181 days will be here before you know it!!

I’m thinking of adding a few days at the Poly. We have two kids,3y and 18m and will have our double stroller. Do you have to fold it up on the monorail nowadays? I thought I saw that somewhere but can’t remember.

I’m thinking of adding a few days at the Poly. We have two kids,3y and 18m and will have our double stroller. Do you have to fold it up on the monorail nowadays? I thought I saw that somewhere but can’t remember.
We were there in December and we saw several double strollers on the monorail. They didn't have to fold them up.

Mike

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:.

How nice that your DS decided to go along. I hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

We are checking into the Poly a week from today. Anyway to advance request Tokelau? I used to see that you could fax in, but pretty sure that would not be accepted today. Our biggest concern was being close to the GCH and Volcano pool.

We are checking into the Poly a week from today. Anyway to advance request Tokelau? I used to see that you could fax in, but pretty sure that would not be accepted today. Our biggest concern was being close to the GCH and Volcano pool.

You can call Disney and ask them to note your request (or have your travel agent do it if you did not book through Disney). I don't know what type of room you have reserved, but if it is not a DVC studio you will not get Tokelau as it is DVC. Hope you get your requests honored!! Have a great trip.

You can call Disney and ask them to note your request (or have your travel agent do it if you did not book through Disney). I don't know what type of room you have reserved, but if it is not a DVC studio you will not get Tokelau as it is DVC. Hope you get your requests honored!! Have a great trip.
We are DVC but I do not see how to request it. I will call, but only choices are upper or lower and close to elevator.

We are DVC but I do not see how to request it. I will call, but only choices are upper or lower and close to elevator.

The online check-in request feature had been wonky to non-existent for most of the past year. Options may or may appear properly or at all. It is always best to call and have Member Services (in the case of DVC) add your requests to your reservation.

Steve

The online check-in request feature had been wonky to non-existent for most of the past year. Options may or may appear properly or at all. It is always best to call and have Member Services (in the case of DVC) add your requests to your reservation.

Steve

Exactly what I was going to say. Not only would I call member services and make this request, I would not select any room preferences on the online check in so that you don't confuse the room assigner.

Exactly what I was going to say. Not only would I call member services and make this request, I would not select any room preferences on the online check in so that you don't confuse the room assigner.
Okay good thought. Although I may just leave upper floor, since we want a room with a view of lake/MK. Saturday will be DS7's birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter