Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited for our stay at Poly in a DVC studio in December. I know this has probably been asked and answers but I don’t have the time or patience to look through 749 pages. So here goes—

Sofa Bed—would you recommend getting a nice matress topper and taking it to give more support, comfort, etc? It’s either going to be my sister or me sleeping on it.

My only requests were first or third floor. I didn't request a specific building thinking it would increase my chances of getting my request. Guess where our room was? Second floor. I asked if there was anything else and luckily there was a king room available on the 3rd floor. We took it! I had to share a bed with my mom but king beds are so huge that it wasn't a big deal.

Hi everyone! Heading home in 5 days! We are staying on a cash reservation this time...we will use our DVC for Poly in November :love:
Usually today I would send a fax with a room request BUT I'm thinking about just rolling the dice to see what we get....what has your experience been? I will say that we usually request Raratonga with specifics and we usually get it. Tell me your story...the control freak in w me is trying to embrace the unknown LOL

We were there about a week ago. Requested 3rd floor Rarotonga. Got 3rd floor Aeoteroa with an upgrade from standard view to lagoon view. So we were very happy with our location!

just curious if anyone knows the bus route from the Polynesian to Blizzard Beach? I wasn’t sure how many stops there are and where they are? Do we have to transfer busses?

Thanks!

just curious if anyone knows the bus route from the Polynesian to Blizzard Beach? I wasn’t sure how many stops there are and where they are? Do we have to transfer busses?

Thanks!
Yesterday we went to animal kingdom and they had to take the bus from here to animal kingdom and transfer busses to blizzard beach

Thanks!

To get from Poly to BB, you have to take the bus to AK and transfer. When you leave Poly, the bus will stop at GF, then on to AK. The AK to BB bus is direct with no other stops.

If Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Minnie Van are an option, I recommend it for going to the water parks. The transferring eats up time, in my opinion.

just FYI. i stopped by BouTiki last week and didn't see any of the coconuts on sale.

I was in BouTiki yesterday and I didn’t see any either but I did see a sign next to/behind the register as I was paying that said coconuts can only be shipped in the Us.

After spending a week at the Poly with one Cabana/pool day, I still feel as if I missed out on a lot. We never got to even try to go to Trader Sam's. I didn't get to swim in the Lava Pool at all let alone watch the fireworks from there. We didn't even see them from the beach. I walked by the lovely lady making the real flower leis by hand, but didn't get a chance to get my own. There's just so much to do, and we were too busy. Next time, I want to have at least three resort days.

I try to plan a few pool days for my trips. This year we went for 11 days (DME is picking us up at 5:50 tonight). I only do 5 park days so I was able to plan every other day as a pool day. But we were at the BC for the first 5 nights and we did Blizzard Beach one day while at the Poly....buy went in the pool when we got back and watched the fireworks. But I feel like I didn’t have enough resort time. Today is a pool day til we have to leave.

I will admit, when I first got there I was disappointed because the resort did feel dated, and the carpet was falling off some stairs. Coming from a freshly renovated resort, you just notice it. Even in the rooms, you can tell its older and more run down.. Clean, just showing some age.. Stayed in the villas

With that being said, I ended up falling in love with the place and not even noticing any of that after a day.

The location can NOT be beat. The vibe can not be beat. I loved it so much.

The monorail was great. I will deff stay here again. There is something about being on that lake that is wonderful

It is wonderful! I did a split with 5 nights at the BC followed by 5 nights at the Poly and I was afraid I’d miss the BC (ok I miss the pool being splashed less) but I got in the quiet pool on Monday and said to myself...this is home...and I wished I only stayed 3 nights at the BC.

My only requests were first or third floor. I didn't request a specific building thinking it would increase my chances of getting my request. Guess where our room was? Second floor. I asked if there was anything else and luckily there was a king room available on the 3rd floor. We took it! I had to share a bed with my mom but king beds are so huge that it wasn't a big deal.

I resquested a balcony and I got ratonga 1st floor. I am happy...ok I am sad as we have to leave this evening!

Thanks!

We went on Tuesday. We left late (blame dh) and the AK bus had just left so we took a Lyft (not the Minnie one) and was there in no time. Let’s just say we are frugal so for my dh to say that was so much better then waiting on 2 busses... the way back we had my sisters car as we were keeping it so she didn’t have to pay for parking-she was staying in Disney springs and her fiend also had a car and our fee was waived since we booked before the parking fees.

Hi everyone! Heading home in 5 days! We are staying on a cash reservation this time...we will use our DVC for Poly in November :love:
Usually today I would send a fax with a room request BUT I'm thinking about just rolling the dice to see what we get....what has your experience been? I will say that we usually request Raratonga with specifics and we usually get it. Tell me your story...the control freak in w me is trying to embrace the unknown LOL

I don't have a request story, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We will be checking in in six days! I’m not much help for making room requests. I’ve actually found when I do them online it’s hit or miss, which is fine as I know nothing is guaranteed. But, as this is our first time staying at the Poly and we plan on spending quite a bit of time at the resort, we’d really like a balcony. Since online check in has been wonky lately, I’m also wondering how I can make that request.

You can call central reservations and have them add any requests to your reservation. With that said, I'd do it very soon (like today) as I think rooms are assigned 3-4 days prior to arrival. Good luck, hope you have a great time :).

Glad they were able to accommodate you, even if it was with a king room :).

To get from Poly to BB, you have to take the bus to AK and transfer. When you leave Poly, the bus will stop at GF, then on to AK. The AK to BB bus is direct with no other stops.

If Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Minnie Van are an option, I recommend it for going to the water parks. The transferring eats up time, in my opinion.

This is great info as we are staying at the Poly in Oct and are planning on a BB day :beach:.

I try to plan a few pool days for my trips. This year we went for 11 days (DME is picking us up at 5:50 tonight). I only do 5 park days so I was able to plan every other day as a pool day. But we were at the BC for the first 5 nights and we did Blizzard Beach one day while at the Poly....buy went in the pool when we got back and watched the fireworks. But I feel like I didn’t have enough resort time. Today is a pool day til we have to leave.

Sorry your trip has come to an end, but sounds like you had a great 11 days! Now is the perfect time to start thinking about that next trip :D.

I did a split with 5 nights at the BC followed by 5 nights at the Poly and I was afraid I’d miss the BC (ok I miss the pool being splashed less) but I got in the quiet pool on Monday and said to myself...this is home...and I wished I only stayed 3 nights at the BC.

We feel the same way about the Poly vs BC. The BC is a nice resort, but the Poly is just so beautiful with the tropical surroundings, not to mention being able to see the castle every day :cloud9:.

Sorry your trip has come to an end, but sounds like you had a great 11 days! Now is the perfect time to start thinking about that next trip :D.

We feel the same way about the Poly vs BC. The BC is a nice resort, but the Poly is just so beautiful with the tropical surroundings, not to mention being able to see the castle every day :cloud9:.

It was a nice 11 days. I had neck stress up to the trip and on the day we left but it is gone. I had too much on my mind/to do before we left to go away.

My dh is ready to go. He was ready about 2 days ago and told me a shorter trip next time. I told him then he would not have many rest days and we need those for sanity so he said we will only do 4 park days....um...no!

Our flight home is delayed until 10pm. He is ready to switch flights for tomorrow but the morning flight is pretty full and I paid for the even more space seats and I want to sit in them. The evening flight is available if we have to change but the plan was for him to sleep in tomorrow since the flight is due to arrive at 11:30pm..now 12:30 am. He is freaking out over an hour “what if the flight gets cancelled.”

I am watching all the flights up to ours on flight aware as I am enjoying my view And the flight needs to leave MCO and head to Newark but it’s delayed for storms-we are headed into Hartford.

Sadly next trip will be in 5 years from now. I wish 3 or 4 but I need to save and send kids to college.

So for now I am sitting at the table closest to the exit to captain cooks in the pool area staring at the castle.

It was a nice 11 days. I had neck stress up to the trip and on the day we left but it is gone. I had too much on my mind/to do before we left to go away.

My dh is ready to go. He was ready about 2 days ago and told me a shorter trip next time. I told him then he would not have many rest days and we need those for sanity so he said we will only do 4 park days....um...no!

Our flight home is delayed until 10pm. He is ready to switch flights for tomorrow but the morning flight is pretty full and I paid for the even more space seats and I want to sit in them. The evening flight is available if we have to change but the plan was for him to sleep in tomorrow since the flight is due to arrive at 11:30pm..now 12:30 am. He is freaking out over an hour “what if the flight gets cancelled.”

I am watching all the flights up to ours on flight aware as I am enjoying my view And the flight needs to leave MCO and head to Newark but it’s delayed for storms-we are headed into Hartford.

Sadly next trip will be in 5 years from now. I wish 3 or 4 but I need to save and send kids to college.

So for now I am sitting at the table closest to the exit to captain cooks in the pool area staring at the castle.
The last day is just so hard. I cried when we left on the 26th.

I'm sorry about the neck stress leading up to your trip, but glad that went away so you were able to enjoy your vacation. I'm sorry about the flight delay, I hope the storms pass through quickly and your flight doesn't get anymore delayed or end up cancelled.

Five years seems like a long way off, but with as fast as the days/weeks/months go by, you will be planning the next trip before you know it!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day taking in that castle view, as well as the beautiful tropical surroundings of the Poly :cloud9:.

Our trip to the Polynesian, which was only a couple of weeks ago, but feels like months, was a game changer for me. We found PARADISE totally by accident. GF has always been my ultimate goal, and BC was our favorite so far. DD really wanted to try the Poly, and this trip was to appease her. Well, we are sold. No matter how fabulous other resorts are, the Poly gave us a feeling that I can hardly put into words.

Last weekend, I spent the day at my brother's house for his granddaughter's 3rd birthday party. He has multiple mylenoma, and his fight to live is for his granddaughter. He is at the age of retirement but continues to work for medical insurance. He has looked forward to retirement his entire life, and now that he is just about there, he is very ill and cannot do anything that he planned on doing. (My sister is also in very bad health and retired.) My brother left me with the feeling that I have no time to waste, no time to dream about the future.

The future is now.

I need my slice of PARADISE now, not nine years from now. Who knows what will happen in the next nine years before I retire? Instead of putting my happiness on hold, I am choosing to grab it now. We usually vacation every three years or so. From here on out, we will vacation at least once a year if not twice a year from here on.

PARADISE found.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but do the rooms at the Poly have the new shampoo/conditioner/body wash refillable containers in the shower, or are they still using the small bottles? Trying to see what we need to pack!

Thank you!

13 more days to go, we will definitely be having a couple of lunches by the quiet pool!!!! :beach::banana:

I asked our TA to add a request for 3rd floor balcony or 1st floor patio, I haven't added a building request because I really just don't know which to choose. It will be the luck of the draw for us, I just hope not to face the parking lot. :crazy2:

I was in BouTiki yesterday and I didn’t see any either but I did see a sign next to/behind the register as I was paying that said coconuts can only be shipped in the Us.

That's perfectly fine for me, the friends I am planning to do this for all live in the continental US. Thank you for the update!

The last day is just so hard. I cried when we left on the 26th.

My DH told me last night “no crying”.

I'm sorry about the neck stress leading up to your trip, but glad that went away so you were able to enjoy your vacation. I'm sorry about the flight delay, I hope the storms pass through quickly and your flight doesn't get anymore delayed or end up cancelled.

Five years seems like a long way off, but with as fast as the days/weeks/months go by, you will be planning the next trip before you know it!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day taking in that castle view, as well as the beautiful tropical surroundings of the Poly :cloud9:.

Flight delayed even more....11:15 arrives at 2 am. It’s 4pm. Need to pull my kids from the pool at 5 so they can take a quick shower.

Flight delayed even more....11:15 arrives at 2 am. It’s 4pm. Need to pull my kids from the pool at 5 so they can take a quick shower.
Are you taking the DME to the airport? I always wondered if they allow you to adjust your time if your flight is delayed. I’d much rather wait out more of a delay at the resort than in the airport!

Enjoy the rest of your time at the Poly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter