Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get your own luggage but you don't have to. When we've booked a couple last minute trips we didn't have time for them to send the DME luggage tags so we just give the Magical Express CM at MCO our baggage claim tickets and they grabbed our luggage and delivered it to our room.

This is really good to learn! I didn't realize they could claim my luggage on my behalf just by having my luggage claim tags. Another lesson learned. Thanks @dansdad!

I am then assuming that can work for us coming internationally also. We land first in Ft Lauderdale so we will go through customs there. I can just hand them our checked bag tags at the DME desk then right?

I am then assuming that can work for us coming internationally also. We land first in Ft Lauderdale so we will go through customs there. I can just hand them our checked bag tags at the DME desk then right?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, if you are going through customs in Ft. Lauderdale and have to retrieve your bags, can you put your DME tags on your bags prior to putting them back on the belt in Ft Lauderdale?

Oh ok, thanks. They didn't arrive with the magic bands, I do have a room only ressie, I have also not logged my airport info in for DME yet. So maybe that's why I don't have luggage tags?
I have a room only reservation, also arriving on 3/25 and my DME tags arrived last week. Give them a call!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, if you are going through customs in Ft. Lauderdale and have to retrieve your bags, can you put your DME tags on your bags prior to putting them back on the belt in Ft Lauderdale?
I will have no way of getting them since they don't mail them abroad. Can they printed at home?

I will have no way of getting them since they don't mail them abroad. Can they printed at home?
I am not aware of an option to print them at home.

Your 3 options would be:
  1. Go to the DME desk once you're at the Orlando airport, give them your luggage claim tags and have them claim your luggage on your behalf and ship it to your resort
  2. Claim your luggage in Orlando, take it to the DME desk and have them transport it to your resort
  3. Claim you luggage in Orlando then take it with you on DME.

A question about the fridges in the rooms.

I placed a garden grocer order and I ordered 3x4 count uncrustables which need to stay refrigerated. Think they will all fit if I take out of the packaging? I've never had one but I assume they are tiny sandwiches.

A question about the fridges in the rooms.

I placed a garden grocer order and I ordered 3x4 count uncrustables which need to stay refrigerated. Think they will all fit if I take out of the packaging? I've never had one but I assume they are tiny sandwiches.
Uncrustables are about the size of my palm. Yes, they'll fit.

Here in Canada, our DME tags are going to be mailed to our Disney TA about 3 weeks before our arrival, is that different depending on which country you live in?

Here in Canada, our DME tags are going to be mailed to our Disney TA about 3 weeks before our arrival, is that different depending on which country you live in?
Yes. We don’t get them in the UK. We just grabbed our bags and took them with us on DME. It made my OCD better anyway to do it that way LOL

If you use your own vehicle 99% of the time and have younger children, would you request a room near the parking lot?

I know building 9 is super close to the parking lot and is a cut through away from bus stops/Classic Hall.

Or should I just go for 50’s?

If you use your own vehicle 99% of the time and have younger children, would you request a room near the parking lot?

I know building 9 is super close to the parking lot and is a cut through away from bus stops/Classic Hall.

There are many rooms near parking lots that will have easy access. The big difference between the 2 you’ve mentioned is currently refurbished room vs non- refurbished room. Depending on when you go that will be the biggest difference. If you are driving and want a room closer to your car, I really think choosing any area will be about the same.

Building 1 in the 50s is convenient to parking too, and I've requested that building in the past when I've had a car. But as scappinginontario recommends, if you're traveling soon before the 50s gets the new rooms, you may want to request the 80s/90s section as you're thinking.

In my opinion the new rooms are the reason to stay at Pop, which was already my favorite choice before the new rooms.

For my visit last month, I requested 80s because I wanted a new room and I also had a car. I was in building 7 and it was perfect for parking, and we liked being near a pool.

Excitement alert: We are 61 days from checking in to POP (FP+ tomorrow morning!), and I just called the reservation line to add room requests. I asked for renovated, top floor and lake view, in that order. The lady I spoke with was so awfully nice! I feel like I got a little Disney magic into my otherwise dreary grey March day :) She reminded me these were just requests and they were not garanteed (I know), but she made a note that my husband and I will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary, she said "so the cast members know that you're here for a special occasion and would appreciate a little magic". pixiedust:

With how the renovations are going, I think our chances of having a renovated room will be pretty good. But anyway, we'll be at Disney so it would have to be a very very horrible room for me to be unhappy!

Excitement alert: We are 61 days from checking in to POP (FP+ tomorrow morning!), and I just called the reservation line to add room requests. I asked for renovated, top floor and lake view, in that order. The lady I spoke with was so awfully nice! I feel like I got a little Disney magic into my otherwise dreary grey March day :) She reminded me these were just requests and they were not garanteed (I know), but she made a note that my husband and I will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary, she said "so the cast members know that you're here for a special occasion and would appreciate a little magic". pixiedust:

With how the renovations are going, I think our chances of having a renovated room will be pretty good. But anyway, we'll be at Disney so it would have to be a very very horrible room for me to be unhappy!
Congrats. And I wish you luck and pixie dust.

We drive, we haul too much stuff and we do drive part time .... 60's and 70's are the worst for going back and forth to car. 50's has some farther rooms in Bldg 3 but the other two buildings are great. 80's and 90's are surrounded by parking.

Are you sure? They mail the DME tags to Canada, the only thing they won’t mail is your magic bands. Those we have to pick up at the Front Desk when we arrive.

Are you sure? They mail the DME tags to Canada, the only thing they won’t mail is your magic bands. Those we have to pick up at the Front Desk when we arrive.
They only mail the DME tags within North America, and I think that’s limited to Canada and the US. Not overseas. They tell us if we want to use them we have to give our claim tickets to DME after we’ve collected our luggage off the first carousel, been through customs and put it on the next carousel.

If I have to collect it once, then I might as well just keep it with me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter