Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your first request is for a refurbished room, I would recommend:
1. when you do online check-in to only request sections that are refurbished. (70's, 80's and 90's right now and probably when you arrive too.)
2. Call Pop and request a refurbished room
3. If you have a Touring Plans subscription, request a room in a refurbished area.

Refurbished rooms are getting easier and easier to get now as over half of the resort is refurbished and some of the remaining rooms are closed for refurbishment now.

Your arrival time should have nothing to do with what room you are assigned, the steps above have a greater weight than arrival time. Room assignments are done a few days before you arrive so your initial room assignment will be based on the information you have submitted above. International visitors cannot receive texts but I know they email Canadians and hopefully other International visitors too.
Thank you! I will do what you recommended!

Fantastic Thankyou for the recommendations I may just buy a few bowls from
Walmart and keep in the room if I don’t find the cereal we like in the single serve containers
Very helpful indeed
Are all rooms refurbished now? I really hope to get a refurbished one my kids love the idea of a bed coming off the wall

I think our onsite stays will be coming to an end in the near future.

On the up side dining options seem to be wide open despite the short 6 week notice with booking.

How has the refurbishment progressed? Is the 70's building done yet?
Plus if you are driving add for parking per night to those prices. 70s is done.

The only items in the room are paper coffee cups and stir sticks. You may wish to bring paper bowls and plastic cutlery with you if you wish.

You may take food and drink into the parks, they will not make you throw it away.

The paper coffee cups are approx a 12-14 oz size (I have used one to get a 12 oz beverage and there was abou 3/4 inch left to the top of the cup). In a pinch, I think you could use them for cereal bowls if you don’t want to have to wash bowls out every day. As another poster mentioned, you can get plastic spoons at the food court.

I pack a plastic camp mug (check on REI or in Walmart/Target in US or at MEC in Canada) and use for both instant coffee & then for cereal in the mornings. Easy to rinse out before heading out to the parks early in the a.m. No paper waste & no issue with paper cups/bowls getting soggy & useless to use.

Can someone clarify if there is any crockery in the room such as bowl and spoons or where to get them? I know there is little fridges. We want to have breakfast on the go in our room and get some cereal for the kids but I don’t want to have to buy plates and spoons
Also are you allowed to take your own water into the theme parks or do they make u throw away all your own water and food before you enter
Thanks sorry if it seems silly question

We take bowls and a few spoons (although as mentioned you can get those at the food court) and a travel size bottle of dish soap and wash them. We also get the refillable mugs and wash them too in our room. I just use a washcloth from the resort as a dish cloth.

Did Pop rates hike up or are discounts not as good? I just booked this week for Mother's Day weekend. I've stayed at Pop at various times of the year and usually get a good rate with an AP or Bounceback discount. I usually pay somewhere from $95-109 a night for a standard room (had a preferred for $120 just in November), but this time around two of the nights for our standard room are $147 (just a few dollars less than we paid the last two times we stayed at CBR)! Looks like the AP discount is limited to only part of the week which I assume is part of that. Such a bummer though. I think our onsite stays will be coming to an end in the near future.

On the up side dining options seem to be wide open despite the short 6 week notice with booking.

How has the refurbishment progressed? Is the 70's building done yet?
Rates have definitely increased. I'm booked for May 15-19 and even with a PIN discount our rates range from $132-162 per night. :(

Rates have definitely increased. I'm booked for May 15-19 and even with a PIN discount our rates range from $132-162 per night. :(

For my upcoming trip, my room at Pop is only $127 for one night at the end of July. So is summer no longer an expensive time to visit WDW?? We only visit in summer so have no clue..

Yes rates have even since I booked in Jan - I have an AP discount on 2 nights, two others are $173 and the others are $158 - for a preferred room - now that is the cost for a STANDARD - I actually saved 60 cents with a preferred booked in January than I would booking today for a standard room - it is crazy.

Odd about people seeing rate changes. I had to slide my summer trip back a week and it is the exact same price. I also priced a separate trip for someone else on the same dates as mine and got the same price. Maybe not all dates changed price.

Help! We’ve booked a stay at Pop with our 7.5 month old for his first trip! Super excited but just realized the new fridges don’t have a freezer section? Eek! We have to keep ice packs frozen for taking formula in the park with us. Any suggestions from other parents? I’ve never had luck with bags of ice not melting or sweating condensation everywhere? And they melt so fast I don’t know that I’d trust the safety of the formula after a certain length of time? We are just planned to be in the parks for short 3-4 hour spurts of time so we don’t need any marathon ice or anything but does anyone have any suggestions?

For the exact same dates??!!! Wow! I didn't realize they'd gone up that much as I hadn't done any calculations. Wow!
This is for the tuesday through Saturday after Mother's day. I booked back in January using a pin discount. It ended up being a little bit better of a discount for us than the AP discount. Just a standard room but it is for 3 adults, so that ups the price a little bit. I really can't complain too much though. I love POP. We very briefly discussed booking an All Stars but it wasn't enough of a price difference to stay in a resort that I wasn't in love with for my 35th birthday. After splitting the cost it's only $210 per person for our 4 night stay, so I'm happy.

I just looked at the rates for my August trip and they are lower. Standard at pop with the room only discount for out 8/18-8/26 trip averages out to $140/night.

Help! We’ve booked a stay at Pop with our 7.5 month old for his first trip! Super excited but just realized the new fridges don’t have a freezer section? Eek! We have to keep ice packs frozen for taking formula in the park with us. Any suggestions from other parents? I’ve never had luck with bags of ice not melting or sweating condensation everywhere? And they melt so fast I don’t know that I’d trust the safety of the formula after a certain length of time? We are just planned to be in the parks for short 3-4 hour spurts of time so we don’t need any marathon ice or anything but does anyone have any suggestions?
I had the same problem. I used powdered formula and bottled water. It worked out much easier

Here (canada) we have single serve bottles of premade formula that do not need to be kept cold until opened. I would just use these and keep them sealed until you need them, then just open and pour into the bottle/cup. They are 8 oz plastic bottles.

Odd about people seeing rate changes. I had to slide my summer trip back a week and it is the exact same price. I also priced a separate trip for someone else on the same dates as mine and got the same price. Maybe not all dates changed price.

They seem to be altering things to encourage more people at certain times and less at others to spread out the crowds so maybe that's part of it? I never travel in the summer so I have nothing to compare for those dates, but we have traveled in May many times and my standard pop rates are very close to what I would normally pay with a discount standard at a mod. But also weekdays seem a little better than weekends as well so maybe during special events like Flower and Garden they are keeping the prices higher for those who come just for the weekend. I mean I know they've always been a little higher anyhow but it's definitely a significant change this year.

Gather everyone’s resort confirmation numbers, call the main Reservations number, and ask them to put “traveling with” on all the reservations, in addition to the request for 70s.

Thanks so much, this is very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter