Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reporting on our room request from our recent trip. We used the TP fax and asked for a room in the 70's section. Also had TA request a remodeled room and put that on our check-in requests as well. We did not get the building requested, but it was obvious that a CM read our fax and took it into consideration. I had asked for two remodeled rooms, connecting if possible (but adjoining would be okay if it meant getting the remodeled rooms) and also close to dining/transportation (since we had two senior citizens in the group). We got rooms in building 9 (80's), remodeled, adjoining, just a short walk to the buses. We had a shower in our room, but the room with the baby had a bathtub. We used the baby's magic band as an extra key to get into one of the rooms. I was a little disappointed when I saw we were in the 80's section, but when we found our rooms on the end closest to the lobby building, we were very happy.

We're planning to go this October, but I only can find 'Standard Pool View' rates for the date we're looking for.
But we would like to stay at the 70's section (that doesn't have a pool).

I'm not from USA so I'm not able to call Disney, but I can e-mail them.
Are they able to try to set me a 70's room even my reservation been standard pool view?

We're planning to go this October, but I only can find 'Standard Pool View' rates for the date we're looking for.
But we would like to stay at the 70's section (that doesn't have a pool).

I'm not from USA so I'm not able to call Disney, but I can e-mail them.
Are they able to try to set me a 70's room even my reservation been standard pool view?

I would not count on it as they would technically be giving you a room less than you paid for and also, there is a possibility that the room category you want could be full.

It seems to be hit or miss about getting the building you want at the best of times. Hopefully it will get easier once they have refurbished the entire resort. I wanted the 70's section in January and it was the only section of the resort I requested. Even though I had a standard room booked I was still not granted a 70's room (both buildings were open at the time). I had 'triple' requested via:
- calling Disney
- putting it as my request when I checked in on MDE
- had Touring Plans FAX in my request.

A building request is only a request and requesting a building that does not have the room category you have booked leaves you open to being placed anywhere in the resort that meets your room category.

I would also add the later you physically check into your resort (esp as international guest w/o the text room assignment on your international phone number) the worse the room inventory situation is for you. I had a 1 1/2 hr flight delay out of Toronto last Sept & didn't arrive until after 9 pm. The room inventory at my value resort during free dining was slim pickings at that time of night. If you can corner a sympathetic front desk CM, you might be able to do a room change the following day but that takes a bite out of your park time, is a mess & front desk is less than helpful in that situation. If terrible, politely speak with a manager & try to work with them.

A question for anybody at PoP now or recently... I am looking for information about the refillable mugs
Do you know how much they are and what the design looks like? (Last time we got white handled ones)
TIA!

A question for anybody at PoP now or recently... I am looking for information about the refillable mugs
Do you know how much they are and what the design looks like? (Last time we got white handled ones)
TIA!

$18.99 plust tax.

Mug_1.jpg Mug_2.jpg

There are other colors of lids but I don't have pictures of those.

Building 1 in the 50s is convenient to parking too, and I've requested that building in the past when I've had a car. But as scappinginontario recommends, if you're traveling soon before the 50s gets the new rooms, you may want to request the 80s/90s section as you're thinking.

In my opinion the new rooms are the reason to stay at Pop, which was already my favorite choice before the new rooms.

For my visit last month, I requested 80s because I wanted a new room and I also had a car. I was in building 7 and it was perfect for parking, and we liked being near a pool.

Should I just say "refurbish room, close to parking lot" in my request? Or do I need to specify a building or section?? My family has a one night stay at Pop in July. Thank you!

By July almost the entire resort will be refurbished so the chances of getting a pre-refurbished room are slim. Yes, what you're requesting works if you call in those requests.

Did Pop rates hike up or are discounts not as good? I just booked this week for Mother's Day weekend. I've stayed at Pop at various times of the year and usually get a good rate with an AP or Bounceback discount. I usually pay somewhere from $95-109 a night for a standard room (had a preferred for $120 just in November), but this time around two of the nights for our standard room are $147 (just a few dollars less than we paid the last two times we stayed at CBR)! Looks like the AP discount is limited to only part of the week which I assume is part of that. Such a bummer though. I think our onsite stays will be coming to an end in the near future.

On the up side dining options seem to be wide open despite the short 6 week notice with booking.

How has the refurbishment progressed? Is the 70's building done yet?

I would also add the later you physically check into your resort (esp as international guest w/o the text room assignment on your international phone number) the worse the room inventory situation is for you. I had a 1 1/2 hr flight delay out of Toronto last Sept & didn't arrive until after 9 pm. The room inventory at my value resort during free dining was slim pickings at that time of night. If you can corner a sympathetic front desk CM, you might be able to do a room change the following day but that takes a bite out of your park time, is a mess & front desk is less than helpful in that situation. If terrible, politely speak with a manager & try to work with them.
Rooms are assigned a couple days before arrival.

Did Pop rates hike up or are discounts not as good? I just booked this week for Mother's Day weekend. I've stayed at Pop at various times of the year and usually get a good rate with an AP or Bounceback discount. I usually pay somewhere from $95-109 a night for a standard room (had a preferred for $120 just in November), but this time around two of the nights for our standard room are $147 (just a few dollars less than we paid the last two times we stayed at CBR)! Looks like the AP discount is limited to only part of the week which I assume is part of that. Such a bummer though. I think our onsite stays will be coming to an end in the near future.

On the up side dining options seem to be wide open despite the short 6 week notice with booking.

How has the refurbishment progressed? Is the 70's building done yet?

The rates definitely went UP! They actually raised rates just a few weeks ago, which is noticeable if you compare prices to the rack rates posted at Mousesavers.

Yes, you are quite right but if a person arrives and requests a room change, the inventory is less and less as the day goes on. I believe that is what @samsteele was referring to.
If I want to try for a refurbished room, but my flight doesn't land until 6:30pm, should I do online check in and give an earlier arrival time? I'm afraid if I put an 8:00pm arrival time I'll end up with an old room. This is for a Saturday April 14th arrival.

If I want to try for a refurbished room, but my flight doesn't land until 6:30pm, should I do online check in and give an earlier arrival time? I'm afraid if I put an 8:00pm arrival time I'll end up with an old room. This is for a Saturday April 14th arrival.
If your first request is for a refurbished room, I would recommend:
1. when you do online check-in to only request sections that are refurbished. (70's, 80's and 90's right now and probably when you arrive too.)
2. Call Pop and request a refurbished room
3. If you have a Touring Plans subscription, request a room in a refurbished area.

Refurbished rooms are getting easier and easier to get now as over half of the resort is refurbished and some of the remaining rooms are closed for refurbishment now.

Your arrival time should have nothing to do with what room you are assigned, the steps above have a greater weight than arrival time. Room assignments are done a few days before you arrive so your initial room assignment will be based on the information you have submitted above. International visitors cannot receive texts but I know they email Canadians and hopefully other International visitors too.

Can someone clarify if there is any crockery in the room such as bowl and spoons or where to get them? I know there is little fridges. We want to have breakfast on the go in our room and get some cereal for the kids but I don’t want to have to buy plates and spoons
Also are you allowed to take your own water into the theme parks or do they make u throw away all your own water and food before you enter
Thanks sorry if it seems silly question

Can someone clarify if there is any crockery in the room such as bowl and spoons or where to get them? I know there is little fridges. We want to have breakfast on the go in our room and get some cereal for the kids but I don’t want to have to buy plates and spoons
Also are you allowed to take your own water into the theme parks or do they make u throw away all your own water and food before you enter
The only items in the room are paper coffee cups and stir sticks. You may wish to bring paper bowls and plastic cutlery with you if you wish.

You may take food and drink into the parks, they will not make you throw it away.

You can get plastic utensils at the food court, and I'd suggest either packing your own bowls, or getting the cereal that you just pour your milk straight into the single serve container. You can take your own drinks, food, and snacks to the park.

You can take food and non-alcoholic drinks into the park so long as they aren't in glass containers. AK also bans plastic straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter