Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at POP for the first time this July. I had been hesitant to stay here because I wasn't in love with the room decor (I am a bit of a resort snob to be honest). However the renovations look amazing! I am still figuring our the BEST room to reserve. We would like the be on the first floor in a renovated room. Which building should we pick?

Right now we have the 70's section reserved. What would you recommend? We have never stayed at this resort before. Thanks!

Would there be a better location? We will also be calling ahead because we are celebrating my second master's degree and my boyfriends first WDW trip in FOREVER!
70s is GREAT and located close to the lobby/buses. :)

Oooh! These are seriously awesome. What an improvement!

The earlier the better!lol:)

The main thing is to be sure to catch the FIRST DAK bus.

Just an FYI,the first bus to DAK during our trip in January at All-Star Sports came at 7:07 AM for a non-EMH regular 9:00 AM open.

With it being an AM EMH however,the first bus to DAK "should" come well before then.:)

One cool thing is the Bus Boards have a new display and it is so much better than the original display.

I don't know how we got by without the Bus Boards!:)

Here is the new display and the old display-HUGE improvement!
38946741775_64e1238eeb_h.jpg

32553956342_394b538014_c.jpg

No. They were already at Disney for their vacation. They were using their MagicBands for purchases. Disney charged the amount that they had spent to their credit card part way through their trip.

When I checked in I had cash plus a couple of gift cards that I intended to use towards our initial purchases, tips, etc. When we were checking in I had them put this money onto my account so ran a credit for the first half of my trip or so. Saved me stopping by Guest Services and also took away the concern that they would charge my cc before I had a time to give them the gift cards.

It was nice to see the credit when I checked MDE...but it's Disney and that credit wasn't there for long! :rolleyes1

Do you just ask to do this when you check-in? We usually go down a few times during our stay and pay it off, but if we can start with a credit that would be great :)

Do you just ask to do this when you check-in? We usually go down a few times during our stay and pay it off, but if we can start with a credit that would be great :)
I was allowed in late January to add cash to my account when I was checking in. I have heard from other sources that they don't always allow this so you may need to go back and add funds to your account at a later date. Seems there might be some inconsistencies with this.

Wooohoooo, just decided to go home in August. We weren't planning to go this year, but after an unexpected death in the family, I convinced my husband that we should go where we want to, as often as we can (within our means). Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

We were home last June, just as they were starting the renovations. Hoping to get a renovated room this trip, will have to head over to the renovations board. So happy to be planning a trip.

Wooohoooo, just decided to go home in August. We weren't planning to go this year, but after an unexpected death in the family, I convinced my husband that we should go where we want to, as often as we can (within our means). Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

We were home last June, just as they were starting the renovations. Hoping to get a renovated room this trip, will have to head over to the renovations board. So happy to be planning a trip.
Welcome back. I think they are supposed to be all completed by Aug, and sorry for your loss.

I was allowed in late January to add cash to my account when I was checking in. I have heard from other sources that they don't always allow this so you may need to go back and add funds to your account at a later date. Seems there might be some inconsistencies with this.

Thanks, i'll ask and hopefully we can do it. If not, we'll go with our every few day visit to the front desk :)

You know you're missing Pop when you try diffuse essential oils to make your room smell like the Pop lobby while simultaneously playing "the hustle"!! It's going to be a long 3 weeks! lol:flower1:

Did you figure out the POP lobby smell? I would love to do that here at home.

Have not been there yet but found a post saying Green Tea & Lemon Grass. Does that sound right? Cause another post said Cotton Candy/kettle corn?

Have not been there yet but found a post saying Green Tea & Lemon Grass. Does that sound right? Cause another post said Cotton Candy/kettle corn?
I definitely think it's more of a citrus scent? But it has been a year and my memory might be playing tricks on me

We are heading to Pop the first week of August, and this will be our first time staying on property with kids. I have read that the hotel supplies life jackets for swimming, and I was wondering if anyone had experience using these. We're flying, and we'd rather not pay for an entire suitcase full of swim gear. Our kids will be 6, 9, and 2.5, and none are strong enough swimmers to go in without a vest (especially when we're outnumbered!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter