• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone refresh my memory on the laundry facilities at Pop? Costs? Method of payment? Detergent available? TIA!

Can someone refresh my memory on the laundry facilities at Pop? Costs? Method of payment? Detergent available? TIA!

$3.00/washer and $3.00/60 min (?) of dry time. You can add more dry time in increments, but I can’t remember exactly what. The $3.00 was enough for our loads.

You pay with a credit card on a machine on the wall by selecting which washer or dryer to turn on. I think you can go to the front desk and buy a laundry card if you don’t have a credit card.

There was a vending machine with detergent and dryer sheets. I think the detergent was $1.00 for a one load box. I can’t remember on the dryer sheets (I brought my own laundry supplies).

My husband found a website called laundryview that showed which machines were in use.

Where would be the best section/room to request for the following: Standard room, near parking lot (we will have our car), as close to food court as possible (and near the main pool, but that's my least important request). TIA!
We really enjoyed being on the top floor of building 10. It was pretty close to the buses and food court. It was also really quiet. We couldn't hear anyone else around us.

Yes,the Lockers use 2 quarters and are accessible 24/7.:)

(Sometimes late PM/early AM may require your MagicBand(or now Smartphone) to open the door.)

29292765887_0167608c3c_h.jpg

43510430714_6a14f3550f_h.jpg

43510429974_b02d15a940_h.jpg
Thanks so much for going to all the trouble to post this, Very much appreciated.

So im planning trip for my nephew and I for the second week of Feb , from the 5-8 , 3 nights 4 days just give him the Disney itch and satisfy mine lol and it keeps saying all rooms are unavailable for whatever reason ?!

So im planning trip for my nephew and I for the second week of Feb , from the 5-8 , 3 nights 4 days just give him the Disney itch and satisfy mine lol and it keeps saying all rooms are unavailable for whatever reason ?!
I would recommend calling but there is s possibility that they are fully booked. Hopefully not but Pop is extremely popular now that it’s been renovated.

$3.00/washer and $3.00/60 min (?) of dry time. You can add more dry time in increments, but I can’t remember exactly what. The $3.00 was enough for our loads.

You pay with a credit card on a machine on the wall by selecting which washer or dryer to turn on. I think you can go to the front desk and buy a laundry card if you don’t have a credit card.

There was a vending machine with detergent and dryer sheets. I think the detergent was $1.00 for a one load box. I can’t remember on the dryer sheets (I brought my own laundry supplies).

My husband found a website called laundryview that showed which machines were in use.

FPs made and got everything we wanted!!! The only thing that bugs me is getting Frozen later than I planned, but I'll keep modifying to see if I can get it earlier. It really makes so much difference having a longer trip. We took our niece and her mom in February for 5 days and I remember being so stressed about getting FOP. This time it wasn't even a challenge. I also was able to be up early to text my mom happy birthday so win-win.

I just realized I booked preferred pool view for my trip in two weeks, only room category I haven't stayed in yet - now that the refurb is done I wouldn't even care to just be preferred, oh well only a short 3 nighter before moving to BCV so any room will make me happy - I will be in WDW not at work!!

Where would be the best section/room to request for the following: Standard room, near parking lot (we will have our car), as close to food court as possible (and near the main pool, but that's my least important request). TIA!

As mentioned above, building 10 / 70's is a good location next to parking and close to the food court, plus it's a fairly short walk to the Hippy Dippy Pool.

My other idea is building 1 / 50's, which is close to parking and I think it's fairly close to the food court when you take the short cut from building 1 around the front near luggage assistance. You're also right next to the Bowling Pool. I've been in building 1 in 4 out of 8 stays at Pop.

Last edited:

grumpy28 I think building 9 in the 90s section might work well for you. It has a parking lot next to it plus pretty darn close to the food court and bus system.

We arrive at Pop for our first stay, in 22 days!! I have been researching and reading this thread since December. Thanks for all the info. I know they now have dispensers for shower toiletries, but do offer little bottles of lotion? Thanks

Anyone know which rooms would be desirable with the gondala construction going on? We were going to request a lakeside 60s or 70s room for some quiet and now we are rethinking because of the construction going on. Is there a quiet area we can request without having to walk a long way to the bus stops? We have a standard room booked. Last time we booked a family Nemo suite at AoA and though the location was close to the pool and cafeteria we had zero privacy. Thanks!
5134. Ground floor corner room. Beautiful view of the lake. Close to Classic Hall and just across the bridge from Art of Animation. No problems with construction noise. It’s in the other side of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter