Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi we will be arriving next Monday. We plan to go to Typhoon Lagoon and I dread using the Bus as you have to transfer at Disney springs. So I want to use Uber. has anyone used Uber recently from pop century ? are they able to get on property thanks.

Also how fast is Uber at Disney ? from pop century how much time would I need to plan in between ordering and pick up

We took Uber a few times last week, and no trip was more than $12 (and that was from Typhoon Lagoon to Contemporary). Pop is actually fairly central in regards to location (save for access to the Magic Kingdom, which is literally far from pretty much everything except the resorts in its immediate vicinity). We were picked up outside the main lobby doors. Agree, we waited no more than 10 minutes. Sometimes we would schedule the Uber the night before we needed it for a 10 minute pickup window and that worked very well too.

We took Lyft to each waterpark. Both times it arrived within a couple minutes and it cost just under $7 for 1 and 8-ish for the other. Plus tip. So convenient. Would never take busses to water parks again. We did take bus back to Pop after waterpark days. We didn’t care how long it took and we didn’t want to deal with damp suits getting into people’s cars. That took much longer but wasn’t too bad. We also did a Minnie van from Hoop De Doo on a dark stormy night. That was awesome. Took a bit longer and sadly we couldn’t see the cute car in the pitch black darkness but the seat warmer dried my soaked backside on the short drive back and the car seat was totally dry too. I worried about it but the driver wasn’t worried a bit

We recently returned from a fantastic stay at Pop Century. Our standard room was 5213 which was at the back of the 60s section facing the lake. It was on a corner and felt almost secluded with very few people walking by. It was only a 2-3 minute walk to the buses and almost as close to Art of Animation buses.

We had 4 adults for the first week and 3 for the second. It was a little tight but never overwhelmingly so.

I’d gladly return!

A few weeks ago someone mentioned leaving their mugs in a locker in the pool restroom. Do they take quarters? Does anyone know the hours that the pool bathroom is open? I will be there in 8 days.

Anyone know which rooms would be desirable with the gondala construction going on? We were going to request a lakeside 60s or 70s room for some quiet and now we are rethinking because of the construction going on. Is there a quiet area we can request without having to walk a long way to the bus stops? We have a standard room booked. Last time we booked a family Nemo suite at AoA and though the location was close to the pool and cafeteria we had zero privacy. Thanks!

Anyone know which rooms would be desirable with the gondala construction going on? We were going to request a lakeside 60s or 70s room for some quiet and now we are rethinking because of the construction going on. Is there a quiet area we can request without having to walk a long way to the bus stops? We have a standard room booked. Last time we booked a family Nemo suite at AoA and though the location was close to the pool and cafeteria we had zero privacy. Thanks!
Top floor of building 10

I don't recall hearing noise from the gondola construction (lakeside 60s-room 5213), but we also weren't in the room most days. We had three afternoons when we were there for an hour or two. It was a fairly quick walk to the bus stops and very little traffic came by.

Just reporting in again about the walk to/from the Pop bus stop at Hollywood Studios. My friends set their timer today and purposely walked at a slower pace.

Even walking slowly it took them 5:32.

They have a room facing the lake in building 4 and haven't heard any gondola construction noise even when being back in their room during some of the construction hours. They have noticed more foot noise though with the laminate floors but that can happen in any room.

A few weeks ago someone mentioned leaving their mugs in a locker in the pool restroom. Do they take quarters? Does anyone know the hours that the pool bathroom is open? I will be there in 8 days.
Yes,the Lockers use 2 quarters and are accessible 24/7.:)

(Sometimes late PM/early AM may require your MagicBand(or now Smartphone) to open the door.)

29292765887_0167608c3c_h.jpg

43510430714_6a14f3550f_h.jpg

43510429974_b02d15a940_h.jpg

Last edited:
Where would be the best section/room to request for the following: Standard room, near parking lot (we will have our car), as close to food court as possible (and near the main pool, but that's my least important request). TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter