Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At POP, to get a pizza you have to use 2 TS credits not CS credits. Not worth it IMO. Pizza wasn't bad there last time I had it, but is WAY CHEAPER to pay OOP for it rather than using TS credits. JMHO
wow!!!! It used to be 2 quick service if you picked it up or 2 table service if you ordered room service. That is a rip off!!!!

Can anyone share their thoughts on the in room hair dryers? I know they're the wall ones but I'm trying to avoid another unnecessary item in the suitcase Thanks!

Edit: just saw the earlier post about the new hairdryers. Has anyone used those? Are they guaranteed in every room?

Hi there! I stayed at Pop with my sister about a month and a half ago. I'm assuming the hairdryers that were there then are the ones that are still there now. The hotel was amazing overall but one of the things I didn't love was the hairdryer in the room. Unfortunately neither of us had room in our bags to bring my usual hairdryer (which is a very heavy duty high powered one). I have very thick hair that is naturally coarse and wavy. With the humidity I didn't plan on doing anything other than partially drying my hair and then letting it dry wavy. If this is all you plan on doing or if you have short or fine hair you should be fine. However, if I needed to dry my hair completely if I was planning on straightening it, the hairdryer would've taken a very long time to completely dry it. It didn't get very hot at all so to even dry my hair half way took quite some time. I believe all of the rooms at this hotel come with a hairdryer. Hope this helps!

We were in the 80s building pool side (next to walkman). Sorry I don't know the building number.

We did have the BEST mousekeeper ever!

Hi there! I stayed at Pop with my sister about a month and a half ago. I'm assuming the hairdryers that were there then are the ones that are still there now. The hotel was amazing overall but one of the things I didn't love was the hairdryer in the room. Unfortunately neither of us had room in our bags to bring my usual hairdryer (which is a very heavy duty high powered one). I have very thick hair that is naturally coarse and wavy. With the humidity I didn't plan on doing anything other than partially drying my hair and then letting it dry wavy. If this is all you plan on doing or if you have short or fine hair you should be fine. However, if I needed to dry my hair completely if I was planning on straightening it, the hairdryer would've taken a very long time to completely dry it. It didn't get very hot at all so to even dry my hair half way took quite some time. I believe all of the rooms at this hotel come with a hairdryer. Hope this helps!

We had a brand new hairdryer that was awesome! We actually took the tags off it before using it. It's not attached to the wall anymore.

We had a brand new hairdryer that was awesome! We actually took the tags off it before using it. It's not attached to the wall anymore.

Wow that's great! Good to know for our next trip, the hairdryer was literally only one of a couple of things I would have changed. They must have changed them shortly after my most recent trip!

Wow that's great! Good to know for our next trip, the hairdryer was literally only one of a couple of things I would have changed. They must have changed them shortly after my most recent trip!

They are in the process of being switch out. I will likely have to still bring our dryer from home unless someone reports here that they have all been switched in the next 2 weeks. So close, but so far away!

How late will we be able to get our garden grocer delivery in our room? Our flight isn't due in until 10:20 pm so we will be checking into Pop pretty late.

Hello everyone, I have a question about transportation to Early Morning ADRS. Last time I stayed at Pop we didn't schedule any pre-open ADRS but this time we have Breakfast at Tusker House at 8:20 a.m. and the next day one for 8:10 a.m. at Kona Cafe.

Does anyone know the best way to make sure I can get there on time, I know I can always get a cab if I need to but I have also heard that if you speak to the Concierge desk the day before your early meal that they can help arrange transportation. Is this true or did I misread this somewhere else?

Thank you everyone for the hair dryer info. I'm not going til early December so I'll keep my fingers crossed they're in all rooms til then.

Really missing Disney today, was down there one year ago today checking in. I found the old hairdryers manageable but new ones hopefully have more blowing power. I have thick hair so it took a while. Shout out to all who are there now, hope you're having a great time!!!

Can you rent wheel chairs from Pop Century? Can you take with you to the parks?

POP does have wheelchairs but you do not have to rent them.
They will allow you to use them during your stay at no charge ::yes::
But they are first come first serve. Simply go to the luggage check in and see if they have any available :thumbsup2

Booked my room at Pop for next October. :cool1:
Can't wait it seems like it is going to take forever to get here.

Anyone stayed in a king bed? I requested one for my January trip and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on them or how to increase the likelihood of having one available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter