• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'll have any luck - the CM at Disney Springs is the one who suggested it, said if I go to Guest Relations at HS they may be able to walk me in to get the pin and then back out. We're going to EPCOT today so I figured I had ths time to kill since it doesn't open till 11. I just assumed I could get the pin anywhere including WOD but no such luck.
I would be REALLY amazed if they do that!

I just don't think they would "break policy" and do that,because if they do it for one,etc.,etc.

But good luck-maybe they will "relax" policy since we are in a 100 YEAR PANDEMIC!!!!lol :)

While I understand this happened to you once, it does not mean it is a new pattern. This thread is to keep up on how things are running at Pop and under every other circumstance reported, guests have been picked up at the DHS stop. Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but once your husband spoke to the driver, he/she circled around and still picked you up at the DHS stop.

Can anyone else report that when they were headed to DHS via bus from Pop that they were advised to line up at the Special Events bus stop?

We strive for this thread to be as clear for guests as possible. we don't suddenly want people lining up at other locations and then possibly missing their buses. If Disney changes the stop permanently we will make changes here and advise people.

We had a minor bus issues on Sunday night at DHS. CM and the bus stop signs said Pop was #2. We got in line at 2, bus stopped at 1. There was only a few of us in queue, so we just walked over to 1 to get on the Pop bus.

I would be REALLY amazed if they do that!

I just don't think they would "break policy" and do that,because if they do it for one,etc.,etc.

But good luck-maybe they will "relax" policy since we are in a 100 YEAR PANDEMIC!!!!lol :)
I think they probably would have but there was 1 pin left at thr kiosk just outside the park entrance so I lucked out!

I was just asking if it was even possible to make changes to the first page for any reason really. That’s it. I‘m not sure why you’re being so defensive. :confused3
The person who created the Pop thread has been absent from the boards for many years. Nobody other than moderators have the ability to change another person's post and none of them (understandably) have changed anything on the first post.

We are using the body of the thread to keep things as current as possible while a new thread is being designed.

Last edited:
The person who created the Pop thread has been absent from the boards for many years.
Yes. I know. I already mentioned that to you. That’s why I asked.

Nobody other than moderators have the ability to change another person's post and none of them (understandably) have changed anything on the first post.

Right. And that’s why I was confused when you said, “we will make changes here.”

We are using the body of the thread to keep things as current as possible while a new thread is being designed.
And that alone would have explained what you meant in the first place. Instead, you decided to go on a rant and lecture me about transportation. :confused3

If you creating a new thread was common knowledge, sorry, I had no clue.

I'm not sure I'll have any luck - the CM at Disney Springs is the one who suggested it, said if I go to Guest Relations at HS they may be able to walk me in to get the pin and then back out. We're going to EPCOT today so I figured I had ths time to kill since it doesn't open till 11. I just assumed I could get the pin anywhere including WOD but no such luck.
Thanks for letting me know the pin is only at HS. Today is my HS day so I’ll make sure to get one before I leave today.
BTW glad you got a pin.

Hey friends!

Going to Pop for the first time in a couple weeks... How's the pool during the day/evening? Is it crowded or can you swim and relax?

Thanks!

Hey friends!

Going to Pop for the first time in a couple weeks... How's the pool during the day/evening? Is it crowded or can you swim and relax?

Thanks!
We went midday yesterday and it was well spaced at the hippy dippy pool. People kind of splashed around in their own little areas. We haven't been in it at night as we keep getting back too late (it closes at 9) so I can't speak to that. The water is HOT so it wasn't super refreshing to me but my kids had fun!

Also, regarding the pool: there are actually three. It's unlikely but not impossible that they'd all be crowded at the same time.

Had to take a bus tonight from Epcot cuz skyliner is down for lightning again. I asked the bus coordinator about why we are consistently the longest line every night for buses. He said Pop is by far the biggest resort that's "back" post covid. The skyliner is very slick when it's running, but it's been maybe 50-60% of the times we've needed it. Buyer beware. If you can't take skyliner, I'd highly recommend a ride share. The problem is by the time you get to the bus stop and realize how bad it is it's really far from the ride share pickup point.

We will be at Pop Aug 28-31st. Only have one HS day, it seems as though if the Skyliner is running, that they are getting people to HS in time for Rise. It’s just DH and me this trip, I was wondering...if we took an early bus to AK and then had a bus from AK take us to Boardwalk or another close resort (not familiar with the geography in that area) and then walked to HS would that potentially be quicker/more relaxing? I know it sounds like work but I almost think I would rather be moving than standing in a line from 7:45-9:05 and then again for a few minutes to transfer? Or take an MK bus, walk to the Contemporary and take a bus from there?Thoughts from anyone that’s been there recently? I’ve never used Uber/Lyft so while I don’t mind it, trying to figure that out might be stressful too. Our last trip was the week before the Skyliner opened so it’s all new to us!

Last edited:
We will be at Pop Aug 28-31st. Only have one HS day, it seems as though if the Skyliner is running, that they are getting people to HS in time for Rise. It’s just DH and me this trip, I was wondering...if we took an early bus to AK and then had a bus from AK take us to Boardwalk or another close resort (not familiar with the geography in that area) and then walked to HS would that potentially be quicker/more relaxing? I know it sounds like work but I almost think I would rather be moving than standing in a line from 7:45-9:05 and then again for a few minutes to transfer? Or take an MK bus, walk to the Contemporary and take a bus from there?Thoughts from anyone that’s been there recently? I’ve never used Uber/Lyft so while I don’t mind it, trying to figure that out might be stressful too. Our last trip was the week before the Skyliner opened so it’s all new to us!
We walked one day from HS to EPCOT and relaxing isn't the word I'd use for it... I like to walk but it is so frickin hot even at that early hour we were dead by the time we got there. We had heard we could get into EPCOT earlier than 11 (not before 1045, ftr) so we were trying to beat the Skyliner which doesn't leave for EPCOT till about 1020. So yes, you can do it, but you'd be better off just taking ride share if you don't want to wait in a line. Honestly, we did it the first HS day we had and that was stressful too because our driver came early and then we had to loop around and such. I would be in line for Skyliner between 8-815 and you will be in HS by 915-930 no problem. The line for Skyliner is peaceful cuz it's by the lake, no stress. 😊

We walked one day from HS to EPCOT and relaxing isn't the word I'd use for it... I like to walk but it is so frickin hot even at that early hour we were dead by the time we got there.
I agree. I could never recommend that walk, even during the winter months. Hot. Not much shade. Not relaxing at all.

if we took an early bus to AK and then had a bus from AK take us to Boardwalk or another close resort (not familiar with the geography in that area) and then walked to HS would that potentially be quicker/more relaxing?
Not sure what it’s like now, but In the past, buses that drop you off at a park early in the morning, are not necessarily going back to a resort at that point of time because they’re not expecting people to be bussing to resorts from parks that haven’t yet opened.

I would just wait for the skyliner or Uber.

When the Skyliner goes down during the day and they have the buses at the BWI Bus Depot to take Guests exiting the IG back to the Skyliner Resorts,can Guests take that bus BACK to BWI from the Skyliner Resorts in addition to taking buses from the Skyliner Resorts to the Epcot Bus Depot and the DHS Bus Depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter