Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For both EP and HS, are you supposed to go to this different bus stop (Is it at the fastest end away from lobby) whenever Skyliner is down or was it just this time? I guess with the different park times initially it could be one line but around 10am wouldnt there have to be two special events lines?
I don't think anyone knows... It's messy!

Curious if you actually tried using chat while not on property? I have checked like a dozen times On different days and have never seen it. Was told before that it’s only supposed to be available while on property.
No, you do not need to be on property. I just chatted with a CM using the app and i am in my home in Canada.
For both EP and HS, are you supposed to go to this different bus stop (Is it at the fastest end away from lobby) whenever Skyliner is down or was it just this time? I guess with the different park times initially it could be one line but around 10am wouldnt there have to be two special events lines?
Guests are to line up in the corrals for each park including DHS and Epcot when they are using buses, not at the end.

Unless the bus driver goes to the end...
While I understand this happened to you once, it does not mean it is a new pattern. This thread is to keep up on how things are running at Pop and under every other circumstance reported, guests have been picked up at the DHS stop. Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but once your husband spoke to the driver, he/she circled around and still picked you up at the DHS stop.

Can anyone else report that when they were headed to DHS via bus from Pop that they were advised to line up at the Special Events bus stop?

We strive for this thread to be as clear for guests as possible. we don't suddenly want people lining up at other locations and then possibly missing their buses. If Disney changes the stop permanently we will make changes here and advise people.

While I understand this happened to you once, it does not mean it is a new pattern. This thread is to keep up on how things are running at Pop and under every other circumstance reported, guests have been picked up at the DHS stop. Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but once your husband spoke to the driver, he/she circled around and still picked you up at the DHS stop.

Can anyone else report that when they were headed to DHS via bus from Pop that they were advised to line up at the Special Events bus stop?

We strive for this thread to be as clear for guests as possible. we don't suddenly want people lining up at other locations and then possibly missing their buses. If Disney changes the stop permanently we will make changes here and advise people.
Yes he circled around, but told DH he was told to go to the end stop by whomever directs the buses. It may be a one off, but I don't think anything is 100% certain these days.

Curious if you actually tried using chat while not on property? I have checked like a dozen times On different days and have never seen it. Was told before that it’s only supposed to be available while on property.

I’m back home. Chat feature is gone.

For those looking for the chat feature, this is where I'm finding it and using it from Canada:
View attachment 518163

View attachment 518162
It sounds like not everyone has it but for those wanting to see if they have it, this is how you can check.

Hi, scrappinginontario.

Thank you so much. I followed your photo explanation and there it was.

I'm in Atlanta now and I don't need to use it right now.

I don't think I will forget where to find it next time when I need it.

Thank you.

Make changes how? The Pop info. on page one hasn’t been updated in 5 or 6 years. And the person who started this thread hasn’t been around in years.

Make changes how? The Pop info. on page one hasn’t been updated in 5 or 6 years. And the person who started this thread hasn’t been around in years.
Has the signage at Pop Century changed to move the DHS stop? If not then there is nothing to change. Go to the stop where the sign is unless directed differently by a CM at the resort. Nothing about that has changed from the first page.

yes, there is a new Pop post in the works but you have to realize that is a monumental task due to the amount of information and pictures that need to be gathered and updated.

because 1 person in multiple years did not have the bus stop at their stop we are not going to tell everyone to suddenly line up in a new location and possibly miss their bus. Surely you must understand this. If multiple people begin to report this then an official change would be announced here.

For the 2nd time this week I'm in the Skyliner line at about 810-815 and nearly at the front. It started running right at 9 the first day we were out here (I wasn't as close to the front), and 850ish the next time, not sure what they'll do today. Both days it was no problem to make it to HS to be in the park well before 10a BG are opened, 920-930ish? Today all I want to do is beg a CM to let me walk in briefly to get a MMRR pin since they don't have them anywhere else and I have no more HS days! 🤪 Anyway when it runs, Skyliner is definitely delightful and efficient!

Has the signage at Pop Century changed to move the DHS stop? If not then there is nothing to change. Go to the stop where the sign is unless directed differently by a CM at the resort. Nothing about that has changed from the first page.

yes, there is a new Pop post in the works but you have to realize that is a monumental task due to the amount of information and pictures that need to be gathered and updated.

because 1 person in multiple years did not have the bus stop at their stop we are not going to tell everyone to suddenly line up in a new location and possibly miss their bus. Surely you must understand this. If multiple people begin to report this then an official change would be announced here.
I was just asking if it was even possible to make changes to the first page for any reason really. That’s it. I‘m not sure why you’re being so defensive. :confused3

I think the confusion amongst CM and guest might come from the fact that when the Skyliner is down they resume buses services for Epcot and HS from the usual stops but if the Skyliner outage is long they'll also bring out "skyliner buses" that do the hotels loop of the skyliner. And thoses buses use the last stop at Pop.

For the 2nd time this week I'm in the Skyliner line at about 810-815 and nearly at the front. It started running right at 9 the first day we were out here (I wasn't as close to the front), and 850ish the next time, not sure what they'll do today. Both days it was no problem to make it to HS to be in the park well before 10a BG are opened, 920-930ish? Today all I want to do is beg a CM to let me walk in briefly to get a MMRR pin since they don't have them anywhere else and I have no more HS days! 🤪 Anyway when it runs, Skyliner is definitely delightful and efficient!
[/QUOTE

I hope all is well with the skyliner in a few weeks when we go. Curious. You can get into a park to make a purchase without a ticket to it? I have heard of that long long ago but had no idea they would even consider it now.

I'm not sure I'll have any luck - the CM at Disney Springs is the one who suggested it, said if I go to Guest Relations at HS they may be able to walk me in to get the pin and then back out. We're going to EPCOT today so I figured I had ths time to kill since it doesn't open till 11. I just assumed I could get the pin anywhere including WOD but no such luck.

I'm not sure I'll have any luck - the CM at Disney Springs is the one who suggested it, said if I go to Guest Relations at HS they may be able to walk me in to get the pin and then back out. We're going to EPCOT today so I figured I had ths time to kill since it doesn't open till 11. I just assumed I could get the pin anywhere including WOD but no such luck.
Good luck! pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter