Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was wondering. We are planning on entering the skyliner line before 8am. I would hate to stand there to find out later I need to huff it to the bus.

When making requests, do you ask for a decade or a specific building number?

I do both, because I have a specific building preference. But it really depends on what you want.

Some people may just request a lakeview without naming a specific decade or building.

When making requests, do you ask for a decade or a specific building number?

It really depends on where you are making your request.

Call in: you may request a specific building

Online check-in: can only request a decade

Touring Plans: you can go as granule as requesting a specific room

If you use more than one method to request a room, Ensure all your requests coordinate.

The more options you request, the more you are likely to get one but not all. Eg if you request 60”s lake view, top floor, you may only get one of those things and not necessarily the one that is most important to you.

It really depends on where you are making your request.

Call in: you may request a specific building

Online check-in: can only request a decade

Touring Plans: you can go as granule as requesting a specific room

If you use more than one method to request a room, Ensure all your requests coordinate.

The more options you request, the more you are likely to get one but not all. Eg if you request 60”s lake view, top floor, you may only get one of those things and not necessarily the one that is most important to you.
Do you tend to only request 1 general thing for room preference then, such as close to dining hall, or do you still request multiple asks like lower floor as well? I think I also assumed that your 1st request gets considered first. And when I've called for a room request, CM usually states you can put in up to 3 requests.

thanks I’m having my TA see if we can just add a room for the same rate we already had which was right under 100 so I’ll probably just do that first but I’m not sure if they’re going to say yes
I just tried to look at Hotwire for the $84 room, and couldn't find it. I narrowed it down to the $70-90 price range and looked at ea. one. Maybe it's booked up?

Do you tend to only request 1 general thing for room preference then, such as close to dining hall, or do you still request multiple asks like lower floor as well? I think I also assumed that your 1st request gets considered first. And when I've called for a room request, CM usually states you can put in up to 3 requests.

I prioritize them.

For example:
1st priority - 70s section
2nd priority - Top floor
3rd priority - Mickey Phone building (I probably had the number but I cannot remember what it was)

That way they start with seeing what top floor rooms they have. Then see which if any of those are in the 70s section. Then see which if any of those are in the Mickey Phone building.

I just tried to look at Hotwire for the $84 room, and couldn't find it. I narrowed it down to the $70-90 price range and looked at ea. one. Maybe it's booked up?
Yes I’ve been looking today and haven’t found it either of course I have no idea if I’m doing something wrong because I’ve never been on those websites

I also don't see the Chat option, and I did the recent upgrade for the MDE app.
I didn’t see it the first day I looked either then a couple days later I went to check again and didn’t see it but literally a few seconds later I went back in there And it was There....it was really strange

So we are scheduled October 19-27. In terms of coffee, it looks like little pods? is there a way to bring our own (suggest pod brand or where to buy) or should we utilize the coffee included with the refill mug? (is there coffee condiments in the EPop Food court?) We planned on Lyft/Uber to HS however that sounds like it could backfire as well, I think we are going to wait until the park has been open 1 hour then head to the skyliner and hope for 2pm RoTR. Any other tips for first stay at POP? Is there huge waits in the AM for Breakfast from ePOP? or just dinner? Thanks in advance everyone.

I didn’t see it the first day I looked either then a couple days later I went to check again and didn’t see it but literally a few seconds later I went back in there And it was There....it was really strange
asked a CM, when I was getting my ME pickup time, and she said that her app was lacking it too and got it only when on property. I kept checking mine and didn't have it. Not really concerned about not having it now, more just curious about it. But it might be handy later for things like requesting a different room.

The $82 per night average price that Disneyfan quoted may only apply for Disneyfan's dates. Disney charges more for weekend days and less for midweek days; Hotwire likely does too. You have to look for the hotel's characteristics to try and figure out if you're getting Pop or not. Pop is a 3-star hotel in the Bonnet Creek area with a 4.3/5 satisfaction rating that offers free internet, an airport shuttle, etc. The bed choice lists a murphy bed, as well as a regular bed, in the room. If none of the hotels listed for your dates have those characteristics, maybe it's fully booked on Hotwire for those dates. Being fully booked on Hotwire may not mean being unavailable directly from Disney. Hotwire may only have a limited number of rooms it can sell at those rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter