Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I’m starting to really get worried about staying here. Stayed at mostly mods and AoA. Has one pop stay about 2 years ago but only for 2 nights. We are doing a split stay and starting with 4 nights here
What worries you? Pop Century is a great resort!! We stay there a few times a year and LOVE it. I'd say there's nothing to worry about. If the construction worries you, request a room that's far away from it. 90s would probably be best since they started the refurbishment there and have moved further away at this point. We stayed directly across from the construction in November and weren't bothered by it at all (although we were at the parks all day). I'll also add that the refurbished rooms are really nice!

Wow, I’m starting to really get worried about staying here. Stayed at mostly mods and AoA. Has one pop stay about 2 years ago but only for 2 nights. We are doing a split stay and starting with 4 nights here

What exactly are you worried about?

Thanks for the reassurance! I don’t mind construction. Stayed at a few during renovations and enjoyed the lower guest levels. Previous posters seem to have checking in and room issues.

You can experience this at any resort at any time. Kinks in the road on any vacation happen. POP Century is a great resort! We love it and hope you have a great stay! Wishing you pixie dust for a magical stay!

Relax. I have had three 11 day trips at Pop in the last six months and they were all great. No trip will be perfect, but I haven't had any major issues that negatively impacted my trip, and I have three more trips booked to Pop later this year. Remember - people are much more likely to report when something negative happens than when something positive happens.

Refurbs: Transportation building and bowling pin pool Nov 7-17, 2018
We are going feb 27-March 4 and received an email about the bowling pin pool being closed during our trip. Why would it close again in November?

Does anyone know if Everything Pop sells cases of water and Gatorade? I’m wondering if we’re better off just buying those from there instead of doing Garden Grocer or other grocery order service for just a couple things, especially now that the resorts chart that $5 delivery fee.

Does anyone know if Everything Pop sells cases of water and Gatorade? I’m wondering if we’re better off just buying those from there instead of doing Garden Grocer or other grocery order service for just a couple things, especially now that the resorts chart that $5 delivery fee.

They sell 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Desani for $3.99. They don't sell Gatorade but do sell Powerade. Not sure about quantities though.

I’m feeling much better now. My husband talked some sense back into me and reminded me of all the great ADRs we get to do for saving money (It’s my birthday trip). My anxiety from tax season slipped into my vacation. Thanks for all the reassurance! Can’t wait to go!

Probably for gondola skyliner, nothing to do with buses.

Since the Skyliner won't even be up and running for at least another year and that building wouldn't be accessible to guests anyway, they wouldn't notify guests of work on the Skyliner building for those specific dates as there is constant work happening with the Skyliner building. I'm much more inclined to believe this has to do with the bus stops.

We just got back from 9 nights at POP; stayed in room 9456 in the 80's section. Our experience was wonderful. Housekeeping kept everything well stocked and cleaned (I left a note asking for extra regular coffee and supplies and they kept the drawer overstocked for the entire stay). I brought slipper socks to wear in the room and the bottoms, after 9 nights, were just slightly dirty; the floors were not gritty when I was barefoot. It was just my husband and I so we kept the murphy bed up, giving us ample space in the room. Our room had not been retrofitted with the shampoo/condition/shower gel dispenser so we were provided 3 ounce size shampoo, conditioner and bar soap; replenished 3 to 4 times during our stay (we never ran out). Couldn't open the safe one night and maintenance was at the door within 10 minutes. We had 2 different reservations because of rate changes, and they kept us in the same room (confirmed at check in on first day). Wake up call didn't work one morning; got a phone call from front desk about 45 minutes later, but we had our back-up call on our phone so were already up and ready to go.

We must have had a bus fairy because we only had one issue during our stay. On EMH at AK, we were at the bus stop at 6:30 am and it didn't arrive until 7:05am (while busses for the other parks came and went). We did get to AK in time to be towards the front of the crowd headed to FOP, so it worked out. Noticed that at closing, more than one bus was sent, so you didn't have to wait 20 minutes if you didn't get on the first bus. We had a tour bus (non-Disney) bus one morning and the driver said Disney contracts with outside services when needed. Better than having a bus shortage.

I looked for the 6 packs of water at everything POP but didn't see them, just individual water bottles. I didn't ask though, because the tap water, especially refrigerated, was fine, and we were able to ask for ice water in the parks. We did buy 1/2 gallons of milk and sliced bread (2 for 79 cents; available in the mornings, but you had to ask for them in the evening). The gift shop sells wine and liquor. The food court has 6 pack of bud light for $15 (and one other brand I can't think of). Individual beers are about $7 or more, so $15 isn't bad compared to that.

Food court has dole whip. Somebody had posted that you can get dole whip with rum at the AOA pool bar, but when I asked, I was given a frozen pineapple/rum drink. Still good, but not a dole whip. However, in Animal Kingdom, you can get a real dole whip with either dark rum or coconut rum for $7! It is at the quick serve in Africa called Tamu Tamu Refreshments.

Since the Skyliner won't even be up and running for at least another year and that building wouldn't be accessible to guests anyway, they wouldn't notify guests of work on the Skyliner building for those specific dates as there is constant work happening with the Skyliner building. I'm much more inclined to believe this has to do with the bus stops.

When I was at Pop last month, they were painting all the big Pop signs at the bus stops. Each day one of the stops would be closed and moved to the far end. I can’t imagine what else they would do that would be a refurbishment of that area. I wonder if whoever the poster talked to confused construction (and perhaps a warning regarding noise) with a refurbishment?

When I was at Pop last month, they were painting all the big Pop signs at the bus stops. Each day one of the stops would be closed and moved to the far end. I can’t imagine what else they would do that would be a refurbishment of that area. I wonder if whoever the poster talked to confused construction (and perhaps a warning regarding noise) with a refurbishment?

I (probably incorrectly) assumed the poster had received an e-mail. If it was a phone conversation, I'm far more skeptical about the accuracy. We all know how inconsistent/incorrect/unreliable the information from phone CMs can be. Just a random thought....since they mentioned that it had to do with a roof, maybe (if the CM conveyed correct and accurate information) they're extending the roof at each bus stop to actually cover the queue lines like at AoA.

It was a phone CM. I don’t believe any info they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter