Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if this is accurate or not? Any idea when it actually closes? We are there the same dates as you (!). Since I reserved a preferred room, i'm worried they will stick us in 50s. I'd be totally fine with a non-renovated room, but not if the pool is closed, too!
I wasn’t the only one who received an email so I’m not sure. I won’t know until I get there unless someone reports sometime before that it closes.

Just saw that Minnie Vans are now available at Pop! I wouldn't use one often, but there are times when they will be convenient.
YES!!! I'm interested in them since they can drop off/pick up where the buses are at MK and not at TTC.

$20 for Minnie Vans, flat rate. Uber can be anywhere from $8-$12, depending on distance, not taking into account any surge pricing.

They sell 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Desani for $3.99. They don't sell Gatorade but do sell Powerade. Not sure about quantities though.

Thank you. I'm trying to remember if there are water fountains throughout all of the parks? I am thinking about packing our large refillable water bottles instead of buying cases of water for the parks and maybe just getting the 8 bottle Dasani pack from the food court for our room.

Thank you. I'm trying to remember if there are water fountains throughout all of the parks? I am thinking about packing our large refillable water bottles instead of buying cases of water for the parks and maybe just getting the 8 bottle Dasani pack from the food court for our room.
Yes, there are water fountains throughout the parks. There might not be one every 20 yards, but we never had a problem filling up our water bottles when we needed to. You can also ask for a free glass of ice water from many of the QS locations (often times it is even self-serve).

I wasn’t the only one who received an email so I’m not sure. I won’t know until I get there unless someone reports sometime before that it closes.

I received the email, too. I'm just hoping we will find out ahead of time. I would love to stay in the 50s if it's open...not at all if it's closed.

$20 for Minnie Vans, flat rate. Uber can be anywhere from $8-$12, depending on distance, not taking into account any surge pricing.
Thanks! We’ve done Uber before when going between resorts but we may give the Minnie vans a try on our MK PPO breakfast morning.

I am so happy Pop has Minnie Vans! I usually take the bus or sometimes Uber but I think a Minnie Van will be a fun treat for my birthday trip!

I would just take the bus for that. Never had any issue doing EMM or PPO at MK taking the bus. Always got there with plenty of time to spare.

Agreed. When I asked at the front desk about getting to MK for an 8:05am PPO ADR, she said buses start running 45 minutes before park opening. I asked about PPO ADRs, and she said there was ONE bus that left Pop at 6:45am to account for all PPO ADRs. I then, of course, consulted the experts here on the DIS boards, who promptly corrected the CM and said buses will start running around 6:45am. Perhaps not as frequently as during regular park hours, but we took the bus and arrived with plenty of time to spare.

promptly corrected the CM and said buses will start running around 6:45am. Perhaps not as frequently as during regular park hours, but we took the bus and arrived with plenty of time to spare.
And the first bus for Magic Kingdom starts even earlier than the first bus for the other 3 parks.:)

32583979491_7cd82f74f4_c.jpg

I would just take the bus for that. Never had any issue doing EMM or PPO at MK taking the bus. Always got there with plenty of time to spare.
We used the buses last trip as well and it was fine, just very early! We have a 3 hour time change so any extra sleep we can get is well worth $20 to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter