Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

As I said, you are much more likely to be placed in the mansion buildings.

You can change your booking to Woods View 5th Sleeper though, or Preferred Location, both of which would ensure you are in the AB section.

Andre

Resort is completely sold out for my dates in November, so I am unable to switch room categories. Was completely unaware that Woods view was the Mansion Buildings. Stayed at POR in 2018, under a garden view category, and had a great room in the Bayou, and was hoping for that same room or something similar again. Was my understanding that Woods view is the old Garden view.

Have had it noted on my reservation that I am requesting Alligator Bayou. I know you said we are much more likely to be placed in the mansion buildings, but is there some hope my request will be granted and placed in the Bayou?

I know you said we are much more likely to be placed in the mansion buildings, but is there some hope my request will be granted and placed in the Bayou?

It's hard to say, but generally if they can accommodate requests then they will do their best to help. Requests are never guaranteed though.

But technically what you are asking for is a free upgrade to a higher category, at a time when you suspect the resort is already fully sold out, so they may have already assigned all the 5th Sleeper rooms to guests who have paid extra for them.

Andre

It's hard to say, but generally if they can accommodate requests then they will do their best to help. Requests are never guaranteed though.

But technically what you are asking for is a free upgrade to a higher category, at a time when you suspect the resort is already fully sold out, so they may have already assigned all the 5th Sleeper rooms to guests who have paid extra for them.

Andre

Thanks Andre. See what happens. Will keep an eye on the dates, and if that woods view - 5th sleeper category opens up, will make the switch.

Hi all,

In your opinion, is River View or Woods View (non-5th sleeper) a quieter area of the resort? Thanks!

Last edited:

In your opinion, is River View or Woods View (non-5th sleeper) a quieter area of the resort? Thanks!

Impossible to say as some of the Woods view are pretty-much next door to the River View ones. River Views are all facing the main pathway around the resort though - although not on busy boat traffic areas, that would be Royal Room River View - so might be noisier?

Andre

Hello,

For my wife and I's 10th anniversary I've booked at stay in a Woods View room at Riverside. We have stayed in the past at French Quarter with our kids and loved it, but wanted to try something new.

Is this a good room category or would it be better to upgrade to a different room type? I was hoping for a deluxe, but without discounts the prices are pretty high.

I assume based on all the previous years the discounts would come out next month for Disney resorts?

Also, does anyone know if they plan on restoring the boat service to Disney Springs soon from POR Riverside/French Quarter?

Thank you!

Woods View is fine, it avoid parking lot facing rooms and will most likely get you placed in mansion buildings 80 or 85.

We all hope the ferry boats will be running again once the resorts re-open; there is talk that the services to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West may re-start by the end of this week (1 Oct).

Andre

Headed back first of November and can't wait!! Does anybody remember if there are Keurig's in the Riverside rooms? Was going to bring some K-Cups from home if there are. Thanks in advance!

Does either French Quarter or Riverside have a sit down restaurant for breakfast? Also, do both hotels have elevators? Old person can’t walk up stairs easily. Thanks for any help!

Neither have a sit down restaurant for breakfast - there are tables in the food court at both.

Yes, both hotels have elevators.

I am planning on going to WDW in May of 2022 or maybe early 2023 but we shall see. I am wanting to here on the French Quarter side. What are your opinions on both sides.

I am planning on going to WDW in May of 2022 or maybe early 2023 but we shall see. I am wanting to here on the French Quarter side. What are your opinions on both sides.
Both Riverside and FQ are lovely, and I'd happily stay at either one (I've happily stayed at both multiple times). There are some differences, namely the size of each resort, and the theme. FQ is the smaller of the two and is nice and compact. Riverside is more spread out. The food courts mirror that; FQ's is small, and Riverside is roomier. Both have pretty grounds, FQ is New Orleans, and Riverside is more greenery, and larger lawns. You can easily walk between them, and I try to do that at least once a trip. FQ has fresh beignets, so...

If we want a room in Magnolia bend is there a room category (other than the royal rooms) that is best to book?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter