Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this new rule is the same in the WL as is in the villas? We're staying in the BR villas for the first time this June and our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) like an afternoon nap since we hit the parks after dinner...and it will not make me happy to get woken up during my nap for a security check.

I will say that our last stay at the GF our room was always cleaned before we got back to the room for "nap time" but the issues I'm hearing now make me nervous...

:scared:
I’m not sure about DVC, I think they would have to have this #$$& security check too. Even though DVC on points doesn’t get housekeeping. As bellrae said, the guy wasn’t from housekeeping.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about DVC, I think they would have to have this #$$& security check too. Even though DVC on points don’t get housekeeping. As bellrae said, the guy wasn’t from housekeeping.
I guess we're considered paying "cash" for our villa since I've just booked a package thru Disney vs. renting points...

and that means we'll get the daily checks too..

so we get housekeeping AND a security check too??

I guess we're considered paying "cash" for our villa since I've just booked a package thru Disney vs. renting points...

and that means we'll get the daily checks too..

so we get housekeeping AND a security check too??
Sounds like it. Maybe someone who had a DVC (cash) stay since new policy started can report what their experience was.

Just returned yesterday from our stay at WL BR 1bd villa and was very happy with the room and the resort. This was our first time staying at the resort after many times visiting for meals. Our room was 3511 if anyone is interested in a nice lake and pool view. We could see the water pageant from the room which was a nice way to fall asleep as we checked in early so we could be up at 2:45 for the Marathon Weekend races. We ate at Whispering Canyon (great meal after a race!), Roaring Fork for lunch and Geyser Point for drinks on Sunday night to cap off a great weekend. They bar tender at Geyser Point was incredible. He brought my wife and sister blankets since there was a good breeze coming off the lake. We only did bus transportation to the parks since we were closer to them vs the boat and never had to wait more then 5 minutes. The bus ride to MK was about 5 minutes if that. We went to a few other spots over the weekend but used Uber since that was cheaper then the Mini Vans. Overall a great stay and did not have any problems with house keeping or security after they switched over to the new door tags on Saturday. Housekeeping only came by to empty garbage on Saturday while we were gone. So not sure if security ever entered our room since we were in and out all weekend. Thank you to everyone on the board who helped plan my trip and answer any questions I posted over the last few months. Hope to come back again soon!

I feel like I'm being sneaky and reading someone else's text messages or something.... but...it's TRUE! I'm actually staying at BRV in September 2018 for 11 days! So excited, I rented points thru David's and everything has gone smoothly so far. I've read about 25 pages of this thread and I can't figure something out. With the completion of CCV, is there no beach area available to WL proper or BRV? If there is a beach, do they still do the campfire in the evenings?

Sounds like a rough start to the new security policy, I hope they get it sorted soon for everyone's sake. Thanks, all.

I feel like I'm being sneaky and reading someone else's text messages or something.... but...it's TRUE! I'm actually staying at BRV in September 2018 for 11 days! So excited, I rented points thru David's and everything has gone smoothly so far. I've read about 25 pages of this thread and I can't figure something out. With the completion of CCV, is there no beach area available to WL proper or BRV? If there is a beach, do they still do the campfire in the evenings?

Sounds like a rough start to the new security policy, I hope they get it sorted soon for everyone's sake. Thanks, all.
Sadly, no. . .there is no more beach. Geyser Point now sits where a majority of the beach used to be. There is a little bit of artificial turf just off the corner of the building where Reunion Station is located--that was the spot on the beach where I first met my wife. Sigh. As for the campfire, I believe I've read reports that the campfire is still going on--they put in a new fire pit near the main entrance to GP which is now used.

Can anyone tell me what the stops for DME to BRV/WL are? Trying to decide on using DME, or an alternate transport to and from MCO in April. Thanks!

They change the route depending on need. One time bus went to Polynesian, GF, Ft Wilderness and finally to WL. Another time bus went CR, Poly, WL.
Just returned from this weekends trip and they dropped us off first. The other guests on the bus were going to the Poly/Contemporary and GF. Last year when we stayed at the Poly we were on a bus with the same combo but went to the Poly first. Not sure what determines the route. The only route that stays consistent that I've noticed is when I've stayed at the Boardwalk area resorts.

I’m not sure about DVC, I think they would have to have this #$$& security check too. Even though DVC on points don’t get housekeeping. As bellrae said, the guy wasn’t from housekeeping.
I believe I read on another thread that the DVC rooms would be getting daily trash removal service? The thinking was housekeeping needs enters each room once a day.

Copper Creek question here!

We are staying in a Deluxe Studio in a couple of months and I am trying to get some more information as to what is provided in the kitchenette? Looks like a coffee pot and microwave from the photos but does anyone know if there is a toaster as well? Trying to figure out options for breakfast ahead of time.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations in terms of room requests, I would really appreciate it.

Yes, they have rooms with connecting doors. We have had connecting doors in at least two of our stays in standard view rooms. You need to have the request added to both of the reservations. :)

Thank you for this! You wouldn't happen to know which rooms are connecting by chance would you? I have added the request on both reservations that we are traveling together and would like connecting rooms.

With the completion of CCV, is there no beach area available to WL proper or BRV? If there is a beach, do they still do the campfire in the evenings?
They still have a nightly campfire, which is looked near the entrance to Geyser Point. Even though they don't have a beach, the view from the shore is gorgeous. :)

Copper Creek question here!

We are staying in a Deluxe Studio in a couple of months and I am trying to get some more information as to what is provided in the kitchenette? Looks like a coffee pot and microwave from the photos but does anyone know if there is a toaster as well? Trying to figure out options for breakfast ahead of time.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations in terms of room requests, I would really appreciate it.
Studios usually have toasters, so there should be one there. As far as view goes, I would probably ask for a view of the new villas pool. It would be a nicer view than a view of the main courtyard. I would avoid a room on the top floor because those have an enclosed balcony and you can only see out of them if you are standing.

Thank you for this! You wouldn't happen to know which rooms are connecting by chance would you? I have added the request on both reservations that we are traveling together and would like connecting rooms.
There are a lot of connecting rooms. I wouldn't recommend the one that we had our last trip, since it was right above the lobby and had some weird fan noise running constantly. The other connecting room we had was one the sixth floor and had an enclosed balcony, which I don't like.

Have any adults slept on the pull out sofa beds at Copper Creek in the 1 bedroom? Are they the same beds that are in all the villas? I last slept on one in 2011 at AKL. Any upgrade or does it look to be about the same?

Just returned from this weekends trip and they dropped us off first. The other guests on the bus were going to the Poly/Contemporary and GF. Last year when we stayed at the Poly we were on a bus with the same combo but went to the Poly first. Not sure what determines the route. The only route that stays consistent that I've noticed is when I've stayed at the Boardwalk area resorts.
thanks! trying to decide to keep the free DME or a quicker towncar.

Does anyone know if they will let you have add a cot to the cabin?? Not so that you exceed the number of guests but so that one of the young kids can sleep in one of the bedrooms with their parents? OR is it possible to move the sleeper chair into one of the bedrooms?
And does anyone know where the murphy bed is located in the cabin?

Does anyone know if they will let you have add a cot to the cabin?? Not so that you exceed the number of guests but so that one of the young kids can sleep in one of the bedrooms with their parents? OR is it possible to move the sleeper chair into one of the bedrooms?
well I think I found the answer - murphy bed appears to be in the second bedroom per pics on another website.

I don't know about a cot, but many folks bring an air mattress for other rooms and it isn't an issue, as long as they don't exceed room occupancy. If the sleeper chair is like the one at AKV, they don't move easily and are quite heavy.
The Murphy bed is in the queen bedroom.

I don't know about a cot, but many folks bring an air mattress for other rooms and it isn't an issue, as long as they don't exceed room occupancy. If the sleeper chair is like the one at AKV, they don't move easily and are quite heavy.
The Murphy bed is in the queen bedroom.
Thanks! I never even thought of an air mattress as an option. I will keep that in mind in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter