Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So NO discounts on standard level rooms - discounts are for Club level and Villas. I'm not upgrading to get a discount to pay more than I'm paying at rack rate and I'm not paying more to sleep on a couch. I guess since they cut their room availability in half (villa conversions) they see no need to offer discounts. I know things change - it's just frustrating. I have a second reservation at AKL now saving $1000 so now I need to debate this before my CC bill cycles!

So what does an extra $136 a night get you anyway at Club level?

Last edited:
When I stayed there this March, some cast members said there is a plan to put tall trees in the way to block the view of the Magic Kingdom, to give more sense of being in the Wilderness. I think the majority of guests would prefer the MK view over the woods view. Anyway do you know if and when they still plan to put up the trees to block the MK view?

I actually hadn’t heard about this! I liked my view of the MK though!

So NO discounts on standard level rooms - discounts are for Club level and Villas. I'm not upgrading to get a discount to pay more than I'm paying at rack rate and I'm not paying more to sleep on a couch. I guess since they cut their room availability in half (villa conversions) they see no need to offer discounts. I know things change - it's just frustrating. I have a second reservation at AKL now saving $1000 so now I need to debate this before my CC bill cycles!

If they’re selling out of the rooms at rack rate, then no, they don’t need to offer a discount on them.

I got a discounted CL room back in May. There’s a lot of info on the CL thread, but you get access to the CL lounge. They have breakfast, afternoon snacks, evening appetizers (which we used as our dinner many nights), and nighttime desserts. They also have various alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available (and a few beers on tap!). You also can utilize DSS (Disney Signature Services, I believe) for things like ADRs and FPs if you want to. I used them to make a room view request. The WL lounge is fantastic and we really enjoyed our CL stay there.

We are excited to be headed back to WL in January, albeit 1 night --- I booked today for a date in January, standard room with the room only offer that came out.

So keep checking, once the dust settled after the crazy morning, there were different room options available than I saw first thing!

Question for you guys since Online Check-in for me 12 Days -
I am attending MVMCP on 12/14 (the day I check in), my intent is after I get settled into my room I am going straight to MVMCP. However, check-in for BRV opens at 4:00 PM (as is the case with DVC Resorts). So what would you do, do regular check-in at the registration desk or check-in online?

Question for you guys since Online Check-in for me 12 Days -
I am attending MVMCP on 12/14 (the day I check in), my intent is after I get settled into my room I am going straight to MVMCP. However, check-in for BRV opens at 4:00 PM (as is the case with DVC Resorts). So what would you do, do regular check-in at the registration desk or check-in online?

We prefer to do Online Check In as that gives us the possibility of being able to Bypass The Front Desk and go straight to our room once it's ready. And even if we have to stop by the Front Desk it usually goes quicker when we have done Online Check In. There's no real reason not to do Online Check In.

We prefer to do Online Check In as that gives us the possibility of being able to Bypass The Front Desk and go straight to our room once it's ready. And even if we have to stop by the Front Desk it usually goes quicker when we have done Online Check In.
Ok, thanks.

We are staying here for the first time and have a Deluxe Studio Standard View booked at Copper Creek. I was going to see what floor we should request, an higher floor or lower? We don't really have a preference. Thanks!

We are staying here for the first time and have a Deluxe Studio Standard View booked at Copper Creek. I was going to see what floor we should request, an higher floor or lower? We don't really have a preference. Thanks!
If you request a room on the second floor then it will be on the same level as the lobby, which is convenient. I would avoid the top floor since it is a dormer room and has an enclosed balcony. They are a tiny bit smaller because of the roof line.

Going to be at WL 11/3-11/5 and am wondering how the parking is nowadays. I was here first weekend in June and it was a disaster since they were finishing up the Copper Creek cabins. We had to valet because the construction workers were taking up the regular parking, but then move our car the next morning or else we'd be charged. Super inconvenient.

We are heading to WL in November and are staying in a courtyard view room. Any suggestions for room requests? Thanks for your help!!

If you request a room on the second floor then it will be on the same level as the lobby, which is convenient. I would avoid the top floor since it is a dormer room and has an enclosed balcony. They are a tiny bit smaller because of the roof line.

Ok great thanks! Are there any standard view rooms with really good views?

We are excited to be headed back to WL in January, albeit 1 night --- I booked today for a date in January, standard room with the room only offer that came out.

So keep checking, once the dust settled after the crazy morning, there were different room options available than I saw first thing!
Yep CM told me it's crazy on offer release days everything gets booked and with the inventory cut in half that's much less options but to check back closer to time and things may have gotten cx.

Higher level on the north side (I think they're still listed as standard views) look out towards MK. I was in room 7042 and was able to watch the fireworks each evening. So certainly anything on the higher floors will give you a similar view.

The regular WL standard view rooms face the MK and can have good fireworks view. But you said that you were booked at Copper Creek and those rooms face either the main courtyard or the new villas pool.

can you walk from the WL to HDDR? If so, how long is the walk?
There is a paved walking path to Fort Wilderness that comes out right by the pony stables, next to Pioneer Hall. You pick up the walking path near the bus stop. The walk is about 20 minutes. The pathway is very dark at night, so you can only use it in the daylight. :)

DIS Daily Fix today said something about a new bar?
Geyser Point is the bar and grill that opened last February. Is there another new one?

Hello folks......well its time again to add my name to the Lodgers Log. My wife and I will be staying at the WL from Aug 21st through 26th 2018! :-) We originally had the Poly booked but a Standard room at the WL became available for far less (much, much, much less) and we took it. :D

So we're going back to WL....yay! I do have a question for all you WL folks. We have a standard room, in reviewing where those are located now. They all seem to be on the north side of the main building. When I look in the MDE there is no Woods view available. Does this mean those standard rooms, if up on the high floors may be "Theme Park" view? Hmmmmmo_O

Doug :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter