Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Both the YC and BC club lounges have a small freezer in one corner of the food area, filled with small single-serving tubs of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and frozen lemonade ice bars. Just open and take one and eat it. Repeat. DH's favourite part of club level. YC/BC are the only lounges where we've had it, though.

Or, even better, pour some Kahlua in a tall glass add ice cream add more Kahlua and drink. One of the CMs helped DH make this for me when I mentioned to him an ice cream drink would hit the spot. lo and behold, he brought it to me. Loved that little freezer.

Please let me know how it all goes your first day please. We are doing the same in a few weeks. Early flight and late night Villains DAH.

It was wonderfully exhausting!

As always, little went according to plan. Our flight was late getting in which ran us right into our B&C reservation. I was really hoping our room would be ready, but it was not. It wasn’t until nearly 4 that I got a txt to check with the desk, ended up there must’ve been some issue as we were upgraded. I’ll take the upgrade any day of the week, but it sure threw a monkey wrench into my plan.

I had planned on leaving the YC by 5:30, a quick meet with Mickey, then over to WL for dinner. There was no time to even unpack and make that but concierge worked their magic and got us an anytime for Mickey. Still no rest time, but I did at least get to unpack (luggage was in our room when we got to our room!).

DAH couldn’t have been better, but by 12:30 we had been up over 20 hrs and we just couldn’t do any more. Hopped on the bus, fell asleep on the ride back and almost missed our stop!

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!

Great Pictures!! Do you by any chance know how much the cabanas at Beach Club cost? Thinking of one for our November trip.
Thanks Pam

The pricing will fluctuate depending on the time of year. Between March and October, the cabanas will cost $299 for a full day, and $199 for a half day. Between October and February, a full day will cost $249 and a half day will cost $149. There is a maximum of six guests per cabana.

Page 1444

Well, it looks like I'm going to give up my fantastic rate on the BC CL 1 bedroom suite last week of August. I've researched and it looks like there are two pullout couches. My youngest wants a real bed. Also, the think glass door won't afford much privacy, so it's less like a separate room than I had thought.

Swan, two rooms (hopefully connecting!), here we come. It's such a shame to give it up the BC concierge lounge - something I've always wanted to do.

6 nights, CL 1 bedroom with 5 day tickets for 4 people was $6200.

:welcome: to this forum, even if it is to bid us adieu.

I can definitely see how the convenience of two rooms and real beds for everyone would make for a more comfortable stay.

Have a fantastic trip, and come back and stay with us sometime!

::yes::

Hurrah. We have a beach club garden or woods room booked for 21st Feb to 1st March!! Can anyone tell me how many of these have king sized beds? thanks

I'll put your dates on the list!

:love:

We've finalized all our plans and are very excited - can you please update our stays? :)

November 1-5 (YC CL) then November 5-10 (Poly CL)
December 21-25 (BC CL).

Thank you :)

Will do!

:thumbsup2

Hi all! Hanging out in our room at YC this morning. We have tickets to Avengers this afternoon so we are heading to Disney Springs around noon. We have had a great week.

*snip*

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your comments are especially helpful with your impressions of stays throughout the years. I'll add a link to your post in one of our review sections.

:goodvibes

Hi, Dee. Will you please add me to the Be Our Guest list? We're staying at BC Club Garden View 7/4, moving to BCV (free dining deal) 7/5--7/13. I've never stayed at or even visited the Beach Club, and am very excited. Honestly, I was leaning toward Poly again, but 12yo DD is crazy excited about the idea of walking to Epcot, especially the idea of adding in quick evening visits. I'm looking forward to SAB, walking to Epcot and HS, the Regatta Run, and down time at the resort! Can anyone tell me if the resort craft activities are held at specific times or is it that you can drop in at any time during the timespan listed on the Activities Calendar?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

I hope someone who has done the activities will post with more info. I would love to hear about how the sessions work.

:magnify:

I booked an August trip with the AP rate that came out recently. I may need to change dates though since DD has to finalize summer commitments after she finishes her exams next week. Excited to do YC CL again. I was there with DH in February; looking forward to the experience with DD. Once we get our dates finalized, I'll ask to be put on the BOG list.

So happy to have a trip in my horizon! (Sad to see that sunscreen is no longer included. I loved that little size for our arrival day.)

:welcome: back!

Let us know when your dates are nailed down. I'll "pencil" you in for a generic August stay.

:cool1:

We also thought the desserts were a bit sparse, even compared to our BC CL stay in February. The food was okay overall, but nothing wow like our stay at BWI CL. (I loved the food there, I just didn’t like the resort theme or layout.) The freezer full of ice cream at YC/BC CL can’t be beat, though.

We had room 5195, which was in great shape and in a great location, but the A/C was exuberant and there’s a huge (loud) fan in the hallway just outside the room. Also no pen/notepad, but we did have sunscreen so I’d ask for that if you want some. We did find mousekeeping was a little stingy with toiletries, and one day they took away the empties but didn’t restock so I had to call for supplies.

You were lucky and missed the torrential downpours of Good Friday. Very soggy afternoon and evening. We did swim every day, though, usually first thing in the morning or later in the evening, so no problems finding a chair.

Overall, I thought the Easter crowds were nowhere near as bad as Presidents’ Day weekend. Maybe because it was so late this year?

I appreciate the comments about your stay.

:thumbsup2

Can I be added to the Be Our Guest list too? Oct 24-Oct 29 at the Yacht Club (me with my son, wife and 2 granddaughters which is that family's first visit and with my other 2 sons (their second visit). We'll be staying in a garden view.

Done!

Hi Dee! We're taking a quick trip June 2-5, our first Club level at the YC, thanks for the add :)

:welcome: back!

:woohoo:

It was wonderfully exhausting!

As always, little went according to plan. Our flight was late getting in which ran us right into our B&C reservation. I was really hoping our room would be ready, but it was not. It wasn’t until nearly 4 that I got a txt to check with the desk, ended up there must’ve been some issue as we were upgraded. I’ll take the upgrade any day of the week, but it sure threw a monkey wrench into my plan.

I had planned on leaving the YC by 5:30, a quick meet with Mickey, then over to WL for dinner. There was no time to even unpack and make that but concierge worked their magic and got us an anytime for Mickey. Still no rest time, but I did at least get to unpack (luggage was in our room when we got to our room!).

DAH couldn’t have been better, but by 12:30 we had been up over 20 hrs and we just couldn’t do any more. Hopped on the bus, fell asleep on the ride back and almost missed our stop!

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!
Thank you for the info !! We have a 9:30 MCO arrival and I booked a whole day cabana for us to rest at .( Incase our room isn’t ready) Hopefully heading to MK AT 6:45 for some fastpasses. Then the party . We are staying CL so I figured we could run up and snack/eat whatever and whenever. I also have a B&C reservation at 3 pm that I might cancel. We have nothing planned on day two till 3 pm so we can lounge and rest . Thanks again for the info .

Thank you for the info !! We have a 9:30 MCO arrival and I booked a whole day cabana for us to rest at .( Incase our room isn’t ready) Hopefully heading to MK AT 6:45 for some fastpasses. Then the party . We are staying CL so I figured we could run up and snack/eat whatever and whenever. I also have a B&C reservation at 3 pm that I might cancel. We have nothing planned on day two till 3 pm so we can lounge and rest . Thanks again for the info .
If I had known we were being comped CL, I would’ve skipped B&C. The snacks at dinner would have been more than enough food. As it was, we were stuffed and a glass of wine was all I could manage. Your schedule sounds much more doable than ours was! Have fun! We’re taking a much needed morning off today to relax a bit before we head to DAH at HS studios tonight.

Looking for advice, I can add a night on to our trip but I have to change from Garden View Club Level, to Standard View Club Level.
I don't want to be too far from the lounge. Is it worth it to change just do I don't have to change rooms? If I don't change, then I have to book just one night standard view non club level the first night of our trip.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list.

If you would like to share when your trip is, I'll add you.

Hi Dee:wave2: I get to ask to be added to the treasured Be Our Guest List!!
Our trip is official and we’ll be staying three nights at Yacht Club beginning November 11th...staying off site at conference hotel first two nights. We’ve never done Yacht Club but love the Beach Club and the newer rooms look clean and shiny! So excited for Food and Wine which was extended just for us it seems ;)
Thanks for keeping up this thread so well, each time I head back to Disney I catch up on all I need to here!!

Bad night for us at yacht club. Got back to our room at 10:30. The 4? Young men in the room next door had the music up loud and were talking over it. Some one must have complained cause they turned it down at 11:30. But since we are connected room we could still hear it. I covered my head with extra pillow. DH was woken up at 3am by security knocking on their door. We heard it but they didn’t cause security ended up pounding on it. DH thought he heard security say someone in the room had called 911. I only woke up when I heard the door slam.

I talked to front desk this morning. They were very apologetic and gave us fast pass for ride of our choice today. I hope they threw the bums out.

Bad night for us at yacht club. Got back to our room at 10:30. The 4? Young men in the room next door had the music up loud and were talking over it. Some one must have complained cause they turned it down at 11:30. But since we are connected room we could still hear it. I covered my head with extra pillow. DH was woken up at 3am by security knocking on their door. We heard it but they didn’t cause security ended up pounding on it. DH thought he heard security say someone in the room had called 911. I only woke up when I heard the door slam.

I talked to front desk this morning. They were very apologetic and gave us fast pass for ride of our choice today. I hope they threw the bums out.
Hope your trip gets better :( that is a bummer.

Wow, so sorry you had such a bad experience! You are much nicer than I would have been. I would have been repeatedly calling security until they were quiet and the next day I would have asked to switch rooms so I didn't have to deal with these inconsiderate people again. The extra FP is nice, but not enough to make up for a ruined night of sleep, imo.

I have a water view room at YC booked for my upcoming September trip, so I just called and requested a room that faces Crescent Lake! I have used Touring Plans for years but have never ever gotten anything close to what I requested, so let’s see if maybe calling will work (I know it’s just a request and not guaranteed, but fingers crossed!).

I just want to be able to sit on my balcony with a cup of tea and watch the Boardwalk sparkle :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter