Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a water view room at YC booked for my upcoming September trip, so I just called and requested a room that faces Crescent Lake! I have used Touring Plans for years but have never ever gotten anything close to what I requested, so let’s see if maybe calling will work (I know it’s just a request and not guaranteed, but fingers crossed!).

I just want to be able to sit on my balcony with a cup of tea and watch the Boardwalk sparkle :)

We had a gazebo view for our wedding stay. We didn’t ask for it, but when we arrived and I was clutching a massive bag with my dress in it and had answered the are you celebrating anything questions, we were upgraded to a king room with gazebo view (I think it was actually a concierge room as we had dressing gowns - but we weren’t lucky enough to be gifted concierge). Our last stay I asked if we could have a gazebo view and were told yes of course and then given tennis court view

I apologize I never posted again about our Easter week trip, but it has been a busy week since we got back. We were at YC club level from April 20- 28. Amazingly I was able to get an annual pass discount for every night. I did have to do a separate reservation for the 1st night, but that was not a big deal. I never expected to get a discount over a major holiday, so I was thrilled.

Our last 2 YC CL stays were in September & February. Somehow we ended up in the exact same room both times, 5239. It is the second to last room at the end of the hall. Almost as far away from the lounge as you can get. Years ago that didn’t bother us, but we are in our 60s now & it is a quite a walk after a long day in the parks. It is also very inconvenient to take stuff back to your room if the lounge is full. And we had an ant infestation in that room in February which caused us to move rooms at midnight in the middle of our stay. Needless to say, I did not want that room again. I emailed DSS about 10 days before our trip & requested a room closer to the lounge & made a king bed our secondary request. I did mention the ant problem. Got the usual “no guarantees” reply. I also said we would rather wait for our request than take any available room when we arrive.

We arrived by towncar at about 10am. No greeter outside. So we went into the lobby & were the only ones in line. We were approached by a CM with an iPad who asked if we were checking in. Told her yes, club level & she brought us upstairs to check in. No issues with check in, but our room wasn’t ready. We grabbed a few drinks in the lounge & then headed off to check out the Easter Egg displays in the Y & B lobbies, followed by lunch at Beaches & Cream & fastpasses at Disney Studios. We got the room ready text early afternoon. We got the same room @GADisneyDad14 had a few months ago, 5151. I love this room!! It is to the left when exiting the elevators, about 5 rooms down. It has a king bed, couch, coffee table & desk. Shower only, no tub. It is so quiet (hardly any hall traffic) but very convenient to the lounge. We never heard anything from outside either. I can’t post pictures from my iPad, so will post those later. The room was in great shape, except the grout outside the shower. There was a stack of flooring boxes outside one of the rooms in our hall & I overheard the CMs talking about which room was being worked on. So apparently some rooms are having the flooring replaced already. We did hear some hammering that first day, but then nothing else the rest of the week.

We noticed there was no sunscreen with our toiletries. We did not get the daily itinerary with our ADRs & personalized suggestions. And for the first time in years, we did not get welcome chocolates either. I posted before that I noticed our last 2 rooms did not have notepads or pens. I don’t know if these are cutbacks or just things that got overlooked.

Well, I had this whole post written with all the lounge offerings listed. But somehow an error occurred as I posted it & half my post was lost. Off to write it all again......
Did you get turn down service at night?

We are booked in a Standard View Yacht Club CL room for May 19-24 for my birthday. Got a call from Guest Services on Friday to give them a call about my reservation and did not have a chance to call back until this morning. The CM told me they are having some "room inventory issues" at YC and they are moving us to the Grand Floridian CL for our stay?! I could not believe it. The Epcot resort area is my favorite so I am a little bummed to lose the location but I am pretty stinking excited to get a chance to stay at the Grand!

Last edited:
We are booked in a Standard View Yacht Club CL room for May 19-24 for my birthday. Got a call from Guest Services on Friday to give them a call about my reservation and did not have a chance to call back until this morning. The CM told me they are having some "room inventory issues" at YC and they are moving us to the Grand Floridian CL for our stay?! I could not believe it. The Epcot resort area is my favorite so I am a little bummed to lose the location but I am pretty stinking excited to get a chance to stay at the Grand!
Not sure how I would respond to that request either. I base our park days off of location of resort. Glad you are excited about the move!! Someone else posted they moved them from Boardwalk to GF too . Maybe they are overbooking resorts ?

Not sure how I would respond to that request either. I base our park days off of location of resort. Glad you are excited about the move!! Someone else posted they moved them from Boardwalk to GF too . Maybe they are overbooking resorts ?

My one disappointment over the move is losing the location for sure. We are going to a DVC Moonlight Magic night at Epcot on one night during our stay and being able to walk back to the resort afterwards was something we were looking forward to. We also planned to catch Illuminations as much as possible since it is going away later this year. I'll be looking at our plans this week and seeing what I should adjust. We have DVC so we go back a lot (this is a rare cash stay for us) so it is not a huge deal to adjust a bit.

We’re going to BC in December. It’s my second stay there. My first was literally a lifetime ago (12 years!). I loved it and hope it’s just as nice. We’re in a 1 bedroom suite with Club level. I’m hoping my big girl can sleep in the first little alcove with the pull out couch. She needs privacy.

We check in May 19th also! I would be so excited for that upgrade! We are booked Garden View and are anxiously counting down the days till we arrive!

OMG. I would be so disappointed. I am not a GF fan, and neither is DH. I don’t know if we’d personally consider that an upgrade or be willing to switch, but it’s nice if it’s a hotel you’ve wanted to try. Did they give you any other options? We could have been in that same position since we were originally booked for that same room category for May 17-20.

Cabana question- I was thinking about renting a full day of a cabana at Yacht Club. I talked with Disney special services reservations this morning. We are going in September when afternoon storms are highly likely. She suggested watching the weather the week we were there and canceling 24 hours prior if the weather looked stormy. The rental price would then be refunded. I said that in September all afternoons would have thunderstorms in the forecast. I asked her what would happen if we checked in for the full day (10:00-7:00) cabana rental and storms closed the pool at 2:00 and we didn’t get to use our full day? She couldn’t really say as we would have accessed our reservation so it wouldn’t be refunded at that point. Anyone have any thoughts about how Disney might handle this? Just trying to decide if a September cabana rental is just nuts because of the daily afternoon storms.

Edit: We decided to go ahead a book a cabana for a full day on the Saturday. Since the parks are likely to be busier on Saturday we are going to use that as a resort day and enjoy Storm-a-long Bay!

I'm like 5 pages behind on this thread because I was at DLR this past weekend, but we have a half day cabana booked for this Saturday. The CM told me when I booked it that there was some sort of weather policy where you'd get a refund if the weather was bad but I sort of said "ok" and didn't ask for details. I'm wondering if this is "you only get a refund if the pool is closed for lightning the whole time" or if you're screwed if it's just raining. I will say Disney doesn't usually say "Sorry, can't help you!" when it comes to things like that though, but I may cancel ours if the weather is looking particularly bad for Saturday.

I'm like 5 pages behind on this thread because I was at DLR this past weekend, but we have a half day cabana booked for this Saturday. The CM told me when I booked it that there was some sort of weather policy where you'd get a refund if the weather was bad but I sort of said "ok" and didn't ask for details. I'm wondering if this is "you only get a refund if the pool is closed for lightning the whole time" or if you're screwed if it's just raining. I will say Disney doesn't usually say "Sorry, can't help you!" when it comes to things like that though, but I may cancel ours if the weather is looking particularly bad for Saturday.
I will be watching weather closely the week we are there and will definitely cancel if the weather is likely to be stormy. Otherwise a comfy place to relax by Storm-a-long Bay should be a nice way to enjoy the Saturday toward the end of our Disney trip.
I hope the weather cooperates for you and you get to enjoy the cabana!
Edit: so this morning I decided to shorten our full day cabana rental to a half as we talked about going to Disney Springs that evening. I called and was informed that my cabana rental was at the Contemporary Resort rather than at the Yacht Club - whattt!! Not once during the reservation process did the Contemporary Resort enter our discussion. I said I didn’t want the cabana at the Contemporary so she canceled that reservation. Then she said there wasn’t a cabana at the Yacht Club available on 9/21 for 1/2 day rental and was there another date that would work. I said no as we had plans for the other days of our trip. Well did I want to rent for a full day - no, that’s why I called a to change my full day rental to a half day. She asked me to hold while she talked to guest services. When she returned there was after all a Yacht Club cabana I could rent for a 1/2 day on 9/21. Imagine how disappointing it would have been to head down to our Yacht Club cabana on 9/21 only to be told that our cabana rental was at the Contemporary! So glad I decided to change but now I think I will need to follow up on ALL reservations I make.

Last edited:

Did they give you an option? We are staying yacht club and my parents are Dolphin. I would be really upset to be moved that far if it were to happen to me.

Page 1445-1446

Slight guest list update, we bumped over to a YC standard view, same dates, for a cost savings using the new gift card promo

Got it! I'll make the change

:goodvibes

We will be there at YC from Aug5-12,2019 in a garden view room. We love this resort and can’t wait to stay there again! Taking advantage of free dining this time!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I have just booked one of the poolside cabanas for our upcoming August trip, I am so excited!! I have decided that rather than fight the crazy on Aug 29th for the Galaxy's Edge opening, I'm going to plan our resort day. Fishing excursion from 7am - 9am and then the cabana starting at 10am with dinner that night at Yachtsman.

Two questions for anyone who may know...
1) The food service they provide, is it from Hurricane Hannah's?
2) Is there a safe in the cabana?

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I want to

:welcome: you to posting on this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:woohoo:

Could you add me too. Honeymooners 21st Feb - 1st March at bc. Hurrah

Got it!

Will do.

:love:

We haven't been to the BC since 2014 and we are SOOO excited to return! Can't wait to eat at Cape May, swim in Stormalong Bay, and my favorite...the blissful walk into International Gateway! Just 25 days people...this is not a drill! :donald::hmghost::tigger::goofy::ccat:

:dogdance:

Just booked BC for Thanksgiving 11/23/19 - 12/1/19 :cheer2: Can't wait to be back during the holidays.

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Page 1447

From AllEars.net:

Of the 539 regular guest rooms at the Yacht Club, 483 rooms have queen-sized beds, 56 rooms have king-sized beds, and there are 10 disabled access rooms.

This is a bit outdated, as the ceiling fans have been gone for awhile. They were adding more King-bedded rooms with the refurb. I'm not sure if this info is from before or after the rooms were redone.

That's cool info! I haven't seen any info on the numbers of rooms with each bedding type before.

So, the bad news and the good news...

Dee, please take me off the Be Our Guest list for May.

A last minute too-good-to-pass up AP deal has us moving over to AKL instead. (We were just at YC over Easter, and we’re back again in September, and the AKL AP rate saved us over $450 total for the weekend.)

But the good news, please add me to the Be Our Guest list for December 12-15, 2019, YC GV.

It seems I somehow convinced DH that we needed to book a bounceback to come back in December for the holiday stuff and hopefully the additional SWGE ride. (But if it’s not open then, that’ll just mean I need another trip in January or February.)

Have a fantastic stay at AKL, and

Hellllloooooo!!!!!!!! :wave:

Opens door slightly and peers inside…… and jumps in with both feet and arms waving manically above head :yay:. I’m back.

Hello, to all my old friends in here and to all the new acquaintances that I am about to make. :love:

I’m pleased to announce that we have booked our beloved :worship: Yacht Club for 21-31 July 2020. Virgin finally received their allocation of rooms and we were quick to snap up a Garden/Woods view (or as its also known "Tennis Court View" :rolleyes1 which was what we had last trip).

Prior to arriving at Disney we will be spending 9 nights out on Idrive and the Darkside.

The trip is going to be a celebration of our DD finishing secondary school before moving onto further education. Our dates have been carefully chosen to be after prom and before exam results! Unfortunately it means she will miss celebrating her sweet sixteen in Disney and we will miss returning to our wedding venue on our anniversary.

We are really excited to see in person the refurbed rooms and the new counter service area and changes to dining. We have of course been keeping an eye on all the Youtube videos and vlogs to keep up to date with what has been going on since our last Yacht Club visit in 2016. I will say that I had to watch 5 room videos before someone actually opened that middle cupboard in the bureau!!!! I was literally shouting at the screen “open the dang cupboard people”.

I plan to spend many an evening reading over this thread as I’ve avoided it for quite some time and know that I will have a lot to catch up on.

So, Dee, please can we be added to Be Our Guest for 21-31 July 2020 (I’ve just had a quick look and we will be the furthest out booking!!!!!!)

:disrocks:

:welcome: back!!!

I"ll add you to the list and look forward to your posts between now and your trip.

I am booked for a stay at the Beach Club from Aug 11 - Aug 16. While I was on the phone with Disney booking cabanas by the pool, the cast member told me that after October 13th, more cabanas will be available and will be booked and priced out based on the location of the cabana. I was able to secure a cabana for 2 full days.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

I saw on a dining blog that BC will be offering a mother’s Day chocolate party, any idea of time or how we attend?

I'll add you onto the list for May.

Thanks for the heads up on the chocolate party.

YUM!

::yes::

Page 1448-1449

Hi folks. Booked 3 weeks at YC in July 2020. We have a garden room booked but would really like a room with a daybed and full balcony if thats possible. Any advice on a request ? Stayed at BC before but first time at YC

Thanks in advance

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

The advice below is spot-on. Contact Disney's Central Reservations Office (or if you booked through a travel agency, they will have to do it) with the request "Daybed, please"

If there is a particular reason a daybed is important, you can included that as well, for example: "Children of opposite gender"

The phone numbers I have on file are:

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations: (407) 939-1936
0800 16 90 730 (UK)

Walt Disney World Dining Reservations: (407) 939-1947
0800 16 90 748 (UK)

Make daybed your first (and maybe only) request. Unlike BC - almost all YC rooms have a full balcony. That is the main reason that we have always chosen YC over BC - don't want to take a chance!

Great Pictures!! Do you by any chance know how much the cabanas at Beach Club cost? Thinking of one for our November trip.
Thanks Pam

:welcome: to posting on this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for November. Beach Club?

See below for cabana pricing info.

The pricing will fluctuate depending on the time of year. Between March and October, the cabanas will cost $299 for a full day, and $199 for a half day. Between October and February, a full day will cost $249 and a half day will cost $149. There is a maximum of six guests per cabana.

Hi Dee:wave2: I get to ask to be added to the treasured Be Our Guest List!!
Our trip is official and we’ll be staying three nights at Yacht Club beginning November 11th...staying off site at conference hotel first two nights. We’ve never done Yacht Club but love the Beach Club and the newer rooms look clean and shiny! So excited for Food and Wine which was extended just for us it seems ;)
Thanks for keeping up this thread so well, each time I head back to Disney I catch up on all I need to here!!

So glad to have you coming back and sounding so excited for your trip!

I'll add you on my next update.

Bad night for us at yacht club. Got back to our room at 10:30. The 4? Young men in the room next door had the music up loud and were talking over it. Some one must have complained cause they turned it down at 11:30. But since we are connected room we could still hear it. I covered my head with extra pillow. DH was woken up at 3am by security knocking on their door. We heard it but they didn’t cause security ended up pounding on it. DH thought he heard security say someone in the room had called 911. I only woke up when I heard the door slam.

I talked to front desk this morning. They were very apologetic and gave us fast pass for ride of our choice today. I hope they threw the bums out.

:headache:

I hope things have improved since then!

I have a water view room at YC booked for my upcoming September trip, so I just called and requested a room that faces Crescent Lake! I have used Touring Plans for years but have never ever gotten anything close to what I requested, so let’s see if maybe calling will work (I know it’s just a request and not guaranteed, but fingers crossed!).

I just want to be able to sit on my balcony with a cup of tea and watch the Boardwalk sparkle :)

Calling your request "Crescent Lake view, please" to Disney's Central Reservations Office is a great idea. See above reply for the telephone number.

Confirm that your request is noted correctly by calling the resort 8-10 days before your trip. The numbers you should use for that are 407-934-8000 for the Beach Club and 407-934-7000 Yacht Club.

Info on Captain Hook's Pirate Crew at the BC, including video:

https://tinyurl.com/yxnakw6m

Thanks for sharing this!

pirate:

Sounds like me. Who did you call? I would like to call them too

:welcome: to this thread! When is your trip?

See the above info for placing your room request.

Hi everyone! We’re looking forward to our BCV stay in July, knocking one more resort off the bucket list. We stayed at YC in December and LOVED it so much. A word of warning to anyone considering booking a cabana: I just called to book a half day and all the days that would have worked with our plans are booked. I’m going to keep trying but I’m pretty bummed. I didn’t really think availability would be an issue so I’m kicking myself for waiting to call. Boo!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

Cabana question- I was thinking about renting a full day of a cabana at Yacht Club. I talked with Disney special services reservations this morning. We are going in September when afternoon storms are highly likely. She suggested watching the weather the week we were there and canceling 24 hours prior if the weather looked stormy. The rental price would then be refunded. I said that in September all afternoons would have thunderstorms in the forecast. I asked her what would happen if we checked in for the full day (10:00-7:00) cabana rental and storms closed the pool at 2:00 and we didn’t get to use our full day? She couldn’t really say as we would have accessed our reservation so it wouldn’t be refunded at that point. Anyone have any thoughts about how Disney might handle this? Just trying to decide if a September cabana rental is just nuts because of the daily afternoon storms.

Edit: We decided to go ahead a book a cabana for a full day on the Saturday. Since the parks are likely to be busier on Saturday we are going to use that as a resort day and enjoy Storm-a-long Bay!

I'll add your trip to the list.

September, YC CL?

:magnify:

My daughter is so excited about this adventure. She’s set to sail on 6/6:).

:boat:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter