Disturbing Story out of Penn State

The NCAA has lifted its 4 year post season ban on Penn State after just 2 years of it. They are now eligble for post season play this season. They will also have all their scholarships restored for the 2015. The original ban was to be for 4 years which was started in 2012. I have wonder why after just 2 years it was lifted? Is it just typical NCAA screwiness?
L]

I suppose the NCAA missed the huge chunk of cash it normally extracted from Penn State bowl games.

Apparently the $60 Million fine isn't going to the NCAA (to spend on charities, in all fairness) but will be staying in the state.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nsylvania-can-keep-60-million-penn-state-fine

No, I didn't mean the $60 million fine.

The NCAA benefits better financially when Big Name teams like Penn State play in bowl games rather than schools with smaller followings like Boise State or Kansas. I'm guessing the NCAA cancelled the ban because they were missing the higher windfall Penn State games provide.

I wonder---how much did Penn State--or should I say its boosters--pay to get them out of hot water?

The NCAA is ridiculous.

The NCAA has not "ruled" Div I football for years. The big conferences are the bosses and NCAA usually does what they are told. The Penn State punishment was a power play that went bad.

Holy cow. I completely missed that (not being a Penn State fan). I just spent a few minutes refreshing my memory about Franklin.Did you know that he said that he won't hire an assistant until he makes sure he has a hot wife? Somehow that shows 'confidence'. What the heck was Penn State thinking? The fact that they hired Franklin with all his dirty laundry while trying to clean up their own program shows a complete lack of understanding of the culture of rape.

Earlier in this thread I advocated for the "death penalty". Instead Penn State's football program was left in place by the NCAA has now been given time off for good behavior. Or maybe just a lack of outright bad behavior :sad2:. I'm disgusted.

He defended this statement by saying that if a man can't go into a bar and pick up the hottest women then they can't be successful as a coach/recruiter. Not only does this dis value women as only being worth their looks, it makes a disgusting statement about the type of men he wants to associate with.

Of course if you only value people based on their looks then it is easier to see them as objects that can be sexually abused. I guess that makes James Franklin fit right in with the sorry excuse of Penn State.

He defended this statement by saying that if a man can't go into a bar and pick up the hottest women then they can't be successful as a coach/recruiter. Not only does this dis value women as only being worth their looks, it makes a disgusting statement about the type of men he wants to associate with.

Of course if you only value people based on their looks then it is easier to see them as objects that can be sexually abused. I guess that makes James Franklin fit right in with the sorry excuse of Penn State.
Yup. Franklin knows the value of pretty women.

According to attorneys for Brandon Vandenburg (one of the Vanderbilt accused rapists):

Referring to records, the attorneys said the victim was contacted by Franklin and Galt during a medical examination four days after the rape to explain "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting."

It went on to say that at some point, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get fifteen pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...lin-allegation-surfaces-vandy-filing/8476049/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter