Disturbing Story out of Penn State

If anyone was on the fence about this guy being a scumbag, this should help clarify it for them.

Exactly. Had he been fired for pulling Sandusky off of the kid or for telling Paterno back when it happened I say sue away. Instead he decided to keep quiet and participate in the cover up. As much as I can't wait for Penn State to pay out millions to victims this guy is not a victim, he was part of the cover up which makes him part of the crime.

I find the notion that this guy was a whistle-blower laughable. Whistle-blowers don't just mention something to a superior and then keep quiet and participate in a cover up. They involve the press or outside law enforcement and keep going until they have told everyone about the problem and someone either does something or they run out of people to tell.

why does that make him a scumbag in your eyes

Exactly. Had he been fired for pulling Sandusky off of the kid or for telling Paterno back when it happened I say sue away. Instead he decided to keep quiet and participate in the cover up. As much as I can't wait for Penn State to pay out millions to victims this guy is not a victim, he was part of the cover up which makes him part of the crime.

I find the notion that this guy was a whistle-blower laughable. Whistle-blowers don't just mention something to a superior and then keep quiet and participate in a cover up. They involve the press or outside law enforcement and keep going until they have told everyone about the problem and someone either does something or they run out of people to tell.
This would be why, happygirl.

What is he suing Penn State for? Not making him into a character guy who wouldn't do what every living soul would have done?

I don't blame him one bit. Do you think the big wigs were very kind to him after he blew the whistle on Sandusky? Do you think they made his job very easy on him. NO. I'm sure this guy took tons and tons of heat over his actions

I don't blame him one bit. Do you think the big wigs were very kind to him after he blew the whistle on Sandusky? Do you think they made his job very easy on him. NO. I'm sure this guy took tons and tons of heat over his actions

He didn't blow any whistles. He let a kid get raped, then told Paterno about it after the fact, then attended a meeting in which multiple people orchestrated a cover up, then participated in that cover up for years.

In that situation, after pulling Sandusky off of the kid and calling the police form inside the showers, I would have made sure everyone knew what happened and if Spanier and Paterno and Curley didn't want to do the right thing I would have gone to the press and every law enforcement body I could find the phone number or address for. There was no other acceptable response in the situation he was in. You don't let people in power misuse it, you go over or around them to make sure the right thing gets done when children are being raped.

Blew the whistle? You are living in the same fantasy world McQ is living in. He isn't a hero. He didn't blow the whistle. He isn't a victim in this.

You have to *tell* someone in order to be called a whistle blower.

Blew the whistle? You are living in the same fantasy world McQ is living in. He isn't a hero. He didn't blow the whistle. He isn't a victim in this.

This is what pisses me off about it. He isn't one of the victims of this :mad: How dare he try to make himself one.

He didn't blow the whistle. He watched a young boy being anally raped and turned and walked out. He walked out and left that poor baby there.

I just can't ever get past the fact that he walked away.

Sadly it looks like the UK & the BBC are grappling with a case very analogous to the Sandusky Penn State ugliness in many ways. A revered public figure now deceased, knighted by the queen no less, hero for his charitable work, has been accused by several victims of sexual assaults dating back decades. There is talk that this has been openly rumored for decades as well, including allegations involving attacks at the BBC, sometimes with celebrities partaking. A BBC news program was investigating the situation but dropped the project several months ago & that decision is being questioned also.

The best result to come out of the Penn State mess, and the BBC case also if proven to be true, would be to review any & every detail possible to determine the facts of what happened, how the culture of fame, wealth & power may have helped the assaults to continue, put the information out into the public domain & seek ways to number one convince the public to speak out loudly if they see or hear anything and number two, look for ways to make it more appealing for cogs in the machine to speak out rather than keep quiet.

He never blew any whistle.

Under subpoena in a Grand Jury investigation, he finally came clean after keeping quiet about it for all these years.

Seriously? Walk away then. Go get another job if your soul is being sucked by the lack of inaction. How you can defend him is just ridiculous.

Opinions should be grounded in fact. It does not appear that yours is when you refer to this guy as a whistleblower.

True.

One can have an opinion on whether or not he should have blown the whistle (though I have major trouble seeing how anyone could argue that he shouldn't have), but you cannot have an opinion on whether or not he did blow the whistle. That is a fact (and he didn't).

He saw a child being brutally raped and did nothing to stop it. I can't imagine any adult with an ounce of compassion would even think for a second about whether to stop the attack. Job or no job and even out of concern for one's own personal safety, I would think that instinct would kick in to save the child immediately (and that doesn't include making noise so the rapist would know someone was there).:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter