DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

Almost there! I just finished half of my last day at work for the next week. Just gotta get through my shift at DCA today and I'm golden. Who's gonna be in the Parks today?

Now I'm debating what time to leave my apartment on Sat/Sun to make it to the parking lot and walk to the corrals and all that. I can't remember what time I left last year and the 10K is gonna throw a wrench into my usual plan as well.

We get in this evening; planning on dinner at Sam's and then we'll see if there is any time left for parks! :woohoo:

Almost there! I just finished half of my last day at work for the next week. Just gotta get through my shift at DCA today and I'm golden. Who's gonna be in the Parks today?

Now I'm debating what time to leave my apartment on Sat/Sun to make it to the parking lot and walk to the corrals and all that. I can't remember what time I left last year and the 10K is gonna throw a wrench into my usual plan as well.

In tomorrow morning and then bumming around to different meets before bedtime.

No park time for me this trip. :faint:

Just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone running and have a fabulous time!
:cheer2:

Thank you. I must still be missing something, don't really see a list of which Good Neighbor Hotels have transportation. Can I just park in one of the lots myself? Will it be open?

If you go to page 20 of the official program, it'll have a map and list of all the different hotels that have the shuttle. It's looks like almost all the hotels are listed except for the ones on Harbor that are along the resort from Ball to Katella. As for parking in the lots ~ are you talking about the Mickey and Friends or at the hotels? Mickey & friends will be open early and that's where the racers who are driving park. But for the hotels, if your hotel isn't listed, I would double check about parking when you get to the hotel you choose, b/c a lot of them charge for parking and you might come back to no car.

Fingers crossed I'm in the parks tomorrow and the rest of this weekend. My flight gets in around 8:15 or so and I'm headed straight to the expo. I've had a cold/flu this week so right now I'm playing it by ear ~ if I feel better than I'm in the parks, if not, I'll hang out at the hotel and rest and save my ticket for another weekend towards the end of the year.

Does anyone know if premium AP holders can use the free parking perk in the morning before the race? The brochure says standard parking rates apply but I wasn't sure if the free parking would be in effect that early. Thanks! :)

Does anyone know if premium AP holders can use the free parking perk in the morning before the race? The brochure says standard parking rates apply but I wasn't sure if the free parking would be in effect that early. Thanks! :)

Yup, you'll be fine!

We are staying at the disneyland hotel and coming in Saturday morning about 9 for our packet pick up. Will I have trouble getting into the disneyland hotel parking lot Saturday morning because of the Saturday races?

I'll be there tonight at the Expo, tomorrow bright and early for the 10k, Sunday again super early for the Half Marathon, and Monday to just play in the parks!!!

Good luck everyone! :yay:

Be glad you aren't here now... It's a madhouse. Been here since opening and am in line still to get our shirts. Expo is full so no one is getting in either. This is nuts!

Be glad you aren't here now... It's a madhouse. Been here since opening and am in line still to get our shirts. Expo is full so no one is getting in either. This is nuts!

Agreed. Worst Disney line management I've ever seen. Even the people working it know which line is which.

Wow! I feel so bad for my friends working it right now. The Expo is a zoo. I've been there first thing the past few years and it has never been this bad. I got a little defensive due to some people I was in 'line' with who were bad mouthing DLR vs. WDW because of it.

I did get everything I needed, but I decided to pass on the DDD medal pin that I really, really wanted but there was no way was getting in that line when there would be no guarantee anything would be left when I got up there. It would have been a waste. I might stop back in tonight when I go pick up my roomie from work but I doubt there are any pins left. Oh well.

DW and I are flying down from SFO later tonight. We were planning on hitting the expo first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully the rush will be over with all the DDD, 5K, and 10K, people being through.

*crosses fingers*

DW and I are flying down from SFO later tonight. We were planning on hitting the expo first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully the rush will be over with all the DDD, 5K, and 10K, people being through.

*crosses fingers*

Tomorrow should be much MUCH calmer.

It's orange. I posted the three I got for Dumbo on my Tumblr if you want to see it (here).

Thank you for posting those pictures, Jessica. Best of luck to you for the DDD!

Good luck to everyone running this weekend!

Standing in the line now, been in it for like an hour. It's crazy. You would think at $170 a head and $50 for a sweatshirt, they could afford more than 4 registers. :face palm: And then there's the RSR FP time we're going to miss...

Did I mention the proliferation of balloons provided by a HOSPITAL, of all places? My BFF/running buddy now gets to spend her vacation hopped up on Benadryl due to her latex allergy. The balloons in the park are relatively latex-safe, which is part of the reason we choose to vacation at Disney. Sigh...

On the plus side, we had a fabulous, low-crowd morning and got to ride plenty. Still haven't made it on RSR. Hoping today...

Good luck! I was contemplating going back when it 'died down' but I'm wondering if that's gonna happen at all at this point. Maybe I'll just go back tomorrow morning, but now I'm wondering if more people aren't thinking the same thing. Gah. I really wanted that darn pin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter