• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

So I'm going to admit I'm looking for a miracle here. Long story short. I went to cash register with a I Did It DDD shirt in hand. I walked away with a different white shirt. Yeah the cashier somehow mixed my shirt up with another Dumbos stuff don't ask me how. By the time I discovered this I found this out and got back to expo. All DDD shirts were gone. After being up since 6 because of doctors appointments. Standing in line for two hours to get afore mentioned merchandise. And struggling to get the I Did It shirt in the first place (when I first walked in ten minutes after opening I couldn't find anything in my size and was told there would be no shirts until tomorrow it took some scrounging to find that shirt). My emotions went over the top and I did the most logical thing in that situation, I started crying. It ended with them taking our number and address and have said if they get an exchange or return they will let me know and contact me. So what I'm asking is if anyone has a spare I Did It or knows someone who has one who has it in a size large or bigger. Any of the shirts I don't care if its the men's or women's, if its the red or the white one. If you would be willing to return it so it could be passed on to me I would be really grateful. But only if its a spare.

We just left the expo, it was madness. We are doing the DDD and really wanted an "I did it" shirt, however they only had hoodies left for the DDD. No more magnets either. The CM told us that they were pretty much out of everything and were not expecting anything more. :(

We were at the Expo just prior to opening at 10am. Absolute zoo! Long lines/waits to get to the lower level for bib pickup. Then another long line/wait to get to the upper level to get bags/shirts and access the vendor areas. DD waited 1.5 hours just to pay for official race merchandise. Worst crowd management I've ever seen at a Disney event of any kind. And add to that, the weather is terrible. 96 degrees and very humid. Is this SoCal or is it Orlando? :confused3

Absolute zoo is right. We only got through bib/waiver stuff and decided to come back for shirts.

When we came back, the bib/waiver/race relations was better but I didn't even attempt the Expo. Maybe tomorrow and I'll be happy with what's left.

Off to bed. 4:30 is going to come quick!

Stargirl11, I hope you're able to get the shirt somehow!

I ended up going back at about 4:30 and it was much more under control compared to earlier in the day. I decided to brave the line for the expo store to see if there were any more pins left. They had the one I wanted the most, and then another my friend was able to find 2 left of which was great for me and the woman who had been standing next to me at the time who I'd been talking with about them. I managed to get her attention before she walked away so she could get it!

Eating dinner now and then off to bed. I actually get to sleep in tomorrow!! No work at 4 am, I'll take it.

Posting because we have two pasta party tickets and we have decided not to use them. Ditching the party for a local restaurant a friend introduced us to on last trip here. The tickets are free you would just have to come to the Disneyland Hotel where were staying to pick them up from me. No they don't have the park tickets with them its just the wristbands into the party.

I found the DL expo to be just as bad as the PHM expo ! One would think disney (who is a master of separating people from their money !) would have TONS of shirts to sell. I mean really...if there are 20,000 plus people expected wouldn't you print say about 15,000 shirts ?:confused3. They should have known the DDD stuff would go quickly as welll as other stuff.

Are you able to get the run disney minnie shoes other places online besides ebay and how much are they....on ebay they are like $200-$300

Good Morning and good luck today everyone! Be careful out there. We saw several people go down yesterday on road reflectors.

Are you able to get the run disney minnie shoes other places online besides ebay and how much are they....on ebay they are like $200-$300

I've only seen them offered at the expos. They were $135 including tax and apparently run about a half size small.

I've only seen them offered at the expos. They were $135 including tax and apparently run about a half size small.

I didn't need a half size bigger (or smaller)? I bought two pairs at the expo, a disney pair and a non disney pair and I bought the same size in both and the same size as my brooks :confused3

Good Morning and good luck today everyone! Be careful out there. We saw several people go down yesterday on road reflectors.

I stumbled a couple of times over the course of the weekend. Looked foolish, but didn't hit the ground.

I didn't need a half size bigger (or smaller)? I bought two pairs at the expo, a disney pair and a non disney pair and I bought the same size in both and the same size as my brooks :confused3

I would have liked to try another half size larger but they were out. I do think they run a tad small, but I am used to Saucony's that have a larger toe box on my pinky side so maybe that is it?

I stumbled a couple of times over the course of the weekend. Looked foolish, but didn't hit the ground.

:cool1: Glad you didn't hit the ground.

I was running with my mom (DDD), and within the first mile of the 10K a reflector took her down. She got up, washed off the blood and finished. I am very proud of her.

On another note, I was so disappointed with how the merch was handled. We are not able to hit up the expo till Friday night, due to work. The only DDD stuff left was the lime green sweatshirts. I did purchase one, but I would have really liked a magnet and an "I did it" shirt. I have them from all the other Disney runs I have done. When you look on Ebay, the magnets are going for like $25, and there are several I did it shirts.

As much as I hate to say/type it. Maybe they shouldn't sell the merch (like the I did it shirts), unless you can prove you did it or are doing it. My mom ended up with nothing but the medals (which is very impressive), and surely would have spent money on the magnets and shirts. I know I would have easily dropped money on the merch, had it been there. I feel bad for the people who couldn't make the expo till Saturday, due to work or other issues, and the limited choices. There has to be a way to correct this.

I will step down off my soap box now.

:cool1: Glad you didn't hit the ground.

I was running with my mom (DDD), and within the first mile of the 10K a reflector took her down. She got up, washed off the blood and finished. I am very proud of her.

On another note, I was so disappointed with how the merch was handled. We are not able to hit up the expo till Friday night, due to work. The only DDD stuff left was the lime green sweatshirts. I did purchase one, but I would have really liked a magnet and an "I did it" shirt. I have them from all the other Disney runs I have done. When you look on Ebay, the magnets are going for like $25, and there are several I did it shirts.

As much as I hate to say/type it. Maybe they shouldn't sell the merch (like the I did it shirts), unless you can prove you did it or are doing it. My mom ended up with nothing but the medals (which is very impressive), and surely would have spent money on the magnets and shirts. I know I would have easily dropped money on the merch, had it been there. I feel bad for the people who couldn't make the expo till Saturday, due to work or other issues, and the limited choices. There has to be a way to correct this.

I will step down off my soap box now.

I think the only way around this issue is to limit the number of items. I saw way too many people with armfuls of shirts, that is why they sell out and that is why they can be on ebay within the hour. If they limited the number of items people would not be able to do this and more people could get what they want. They also could do a pre-order online for expo pick-up. I think this would be an awesome option, especially for anyone who can't make it to the expo right at open. Again they can limit the number of items and make you pay online - much like the commemorative pins and ears.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter