Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Yes, we are flying Airtran. I think they are participating.
Oops! I forgot about this mini-conversation! Yes, if you haven't left yet (well, yes even if you have left, but it's too late for this response to matter :)) you can do exactly as you wish - check in at the RAC counter with your luggage as early as 5:30 AM, then go off and enjoy some last minute park time.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this...Have a 6am flight on Dec 31, thus potentially leaving the resort at 3am...the parks are open til 3am thus thought would check out on the 30th and just stay at the parks til needed to leave for airport...do we have to take the DME on the day we actually check out?

Also won't be using airport checkin...will luggage services be open so that we can get our bags at 2-3am?

Thanks
No, you don't have to use Magical Express on your flight days. Each Guest is entitled to one ride from MCO to Disney on or after the day their reservation starts, and one ride from Disney to MCO on or before the day their reservation ends.

As for being able to get your luggage - Bell Services at the Deluxe and Moderate resorts is open 24 hours a day. Luggage Assistance at the Value resorts is closed from about 11 PM (give or take an hour) to 6 AM. Check with someone at the resort. Even though the service is closed - minimally staffed - there should be someone on duty at/near the counter.

No, you don't have to use Magical Express on your flight days. Each Guest is entitled to one ride from MCO to Disney on or after the day their reservation starts, and one ride from Disney to MCO on or before the day their reservation ends.

As for being able to get your luggage - Bell Services at the Deluxe and Moderate resorts is open 24 hours a day. Luggage Assistance at the Value resorts is closed from about 11 PM (give or take an hour) to 6 AM. Check with someone at the resort. Even though the service is closed - minimally staffed - there should be someone on duty at/near the counter.

The OP wants to use DME AFTER they have checked out. (Check out on the 30th, but take DME very early on the 31st.) Officially, you won't be able to do this in advance. I've done it once, but did not arrange it in advance. If you have a room only reservation, you can do this. If you have a package, you won't be able to do this. Make your room only reservation through the 31st. On the morning of the 30th AFTER you receive your DME pickup time, but before 11am, go to the desk and state you want to check out early, then you will get that last night as a credit back to your credit card. Then store your luggage with Bell Services/Luggage Services. Then when you return to your resort after being at the parks, you can retrieve your luggage and board the DME bus. You can't do it if on a package, because packages are non-refundable.

If you are at a Value resort, allow plenty of time to retrieve your luggage. The Luggage Service folks are not there, BUT the front desk staff can go in the room and retrieve it for you.

Wow...thanks for sharing that. Sadly i just booked a package so my brainstorm is to rent a car and use it on the last day to go to the beach, then back to the parks for the 3am close, then return to airport. I may need a vacation from my vacation though...

Hi i have looked for some info on DME if flying international and can't find any.Can somebody answer some questions for me.

1. We are flying Dublin to Mco via Alanta on Delta.We have to collect our bags in Atlanta and bring them to connecting flights section for them to go to MCO.Do we put tags on it Dublin or wait till we get bags in Atlanta.

2.Can we check in our bags in resort on the way back and just drive etc to airport ourselves.Think i read we can't as flying international.

3.Am i right in saying when we get off plane we just go straight to DME desk downstairs near car rental desks and tell them we are here and then get on bus.

Thanks for any help,its first time to use this service as normally we hire a car.

Hi i have looked for some info on DME if flying international and can't find any.Can somebody answer some questions for me.

1. We are flying Dublin to Mco via Alanta on Delta.We have to collect our bags in Atlanta and bring them to connecting flights section for them to go to MCO.Do we put tags on it Dublin or wait till we get bags in Atlanta.

2.Can we check in our bags in resort on the way back and just drive etc to airport ourselves.Think i read we can't as flying international.

3.Am i right in saying when we get off plane we just go straight to DME desk downstairs near car rental desks and tell them we are here and then get on bus.

Thanks for any help,its first time to use this service as normally we hire a car.

1. I'm not all that familier with flying internationally, but I would think that you would put the yellow tags on when you get your bags in Atlanta...much less confusion that way.
2. AGain, I don't know since you are flying international.
3. Yes, when you arrive at MCO, just go all the way down to level 1 (where you would normally rent your car) and go to the very end of that area. There you will find DME checkin.

Actually, I would post your questions on the main Transportation board...that way, those who travel internationally will be able to give you the answers you need, especially to number 2.

Hello, I'll be staying at WDW for 7 nights, using DME to get from airport to WDW. Then we're heading down to miami for a couple nights, and then staying at an offsite hotel near WDW for one night when we get back to Orlando. Can i use my stay at WDW during my 7 nights to book the DME on my way back to the airport?

DME sent bus passes to part of our party who are renting a car & won't be using them. However, they never sent one to a guest we added after we booked the rest of the family. So my question is: Can she use the bus pass of a relative who isn't riding the bus?

Not necessary. If you added the guest to the room, and told them they needed DME, they will be in the system, and a bus pass will be printed at the airport.

so, hope someone can help me out with DME question:

our flight out of Orlando Intn'l is at 9:25 on AA,
& we're flying 1st class so we get 2 bags each w/o charge.
BUT when I looked up rules for booking our luggage thru DME
& airline checkin at the resort, the rules say only one checked
bag each...? Can we check half our bags & get boarding passes
at NOFQ & then check rest at airport? or do we have to haul
all our bags w/us on DME & then check them at airport???

LOL! any of this making sense?

Also, what the heck is RAC??? hehe!:confused3

so, hope someone can help me out with DME question:

our flight out of Orlando Intn'l is at 9:25 on AA,
& we're flying 1st class so we get 2 bags each w/o charge.
BUT when I looked up rules for booking our luggage thru DME
& airline checkin at the resort, the rules say only one checked
bag each...? Can we check half our bags & get boarding passes
at NOFQ & then check rest at airport? or do we have to haul
all our bags w/us on DME & then check them at airport???

LOL! any of this making sense?

Also, what the heck is RAC??? hehe!:confused3
Only certain airlines are considered participating airlines for this service....checking bags at the resort. This is what RAC is....remote (or resort) airline checkin. If you are flying on a participating airline, you will be able to take your checked bags to the RAC counter at your resort, get your bags checked through to MCO and get your boarding passes issued.
It would appear that you are flying out on American..they are a participating airline...so you can use RAC.
For those that have any checked baggage fees to pay, you are instructed to call BAGs, the day before you are due to depart. They will take payment, over the phone, via a credit card, and then give you a confirmation number that you can show to the RAC folks...showing them that fees have been paid. BUT...in your case, you get the extra bags without paying a fee. I don't know for sure how this is handled...perhaps you have to call BAGs and still get a confirmation number..even though you aren't paying for the bags. I'm sure someone here will have that particular answer for you.
You shold be able to check all the bags at the resort. Shouldn't have to be lugging any of the bags with you....unless they are carryon bags.

If AA allows you two free bags per person then you will not need to call BAGS the day before to obtain any sort of code. When the BAGS rep checks your luggage in at your resort they will do so according to the terms of your ticketed cabin.

I have a free bag allowance and the BAGS rep is able to view that on her terminal. The same applies to the previous poster.

Only certain airlines are considered participating airlines for this service....checking bags at the resort. This is what RAC is....remote (or resort) airline checkin. If you are flying on a participating airline, you will be able to take your checked bags to the RAC counter at your resort, get your bags checked through to MCO and get your boarding passes issued.
It would appear that you are flying out on American..they are a participating airline...so you can use RAC.
For those that have any checked baggage fees to pay, you are instructed to call BAGs, the day before you are due to depart. They will take payment, over the phone, via a credit card, and then give you a confirmation number that you can show to the RAC folks...showing them that fees have been paid. BUT...in your case, you get the extra bags without paying a fee. I don't know for sure how this is handled...perhaps you have to call BAGs and still get a confirmation number..even though you aren't paying for the bags. I'm sure someone here will have that particular answer for you.
You shold be able to check all the bags at the resort. Shouldn't have to be lugging any of the bags with you....unless they are carryon bags.

If AA allows you two free bags per person then you will not need to call BAGS the day before to obtain any sort of code. When the BAGS rep checks your luggage in at your resort they will do so according to the terms of your ticketed cabin.

I have a free bag allowance and the BAGS rep is able to view that on her terminal. The same applies to the previous poster.
Thank-you. I knew someone would have a definitive answer. That type seat is never going to apply to me, so I'm ignorant about anything that applies to it.

Can we please keep this thread for questions/issues dealing with using DME for only luggage please? Questions and subsequent answers about other areas of DME are getting lost. Thanks everyone.

Just wanted to chime in here for anyone who wanted to read about a real experience :goodvibes

To make a long story short: we rented a car at the airport and put the DME luggage tags on our bags. They arrived in our room aprx. four hours after landing.

To make a long story long:
We had a reservation for DME because we couldn't decide if we wanted to rent a full size car from the airport or a full size crossover from a resort at DTD (Airport: pro for location/con for car size. DTD: con for location/big pro for car size).

Two days before we left, my DH and I finally decided to rent the car at the airport. The decision mainly had to do with our 9 month old and our feeling that she would be more comfortable (and better behaved) in her carseat than in my lap on the bus (which is the same reason we bought her a seat on the airplane).

We didn't cancel our DME reservation, however and went ahead and put the luggage tags on our bags rather than picking our bags up at the luggage carousel (again, this decision had a lot to do with us carrying our DD and all her gear through the airport and not having free hands). We went right to the car rental kiosk, signed in, picked a car in the garage and were on our way. (As it turns out, it's a good thing we went this route. Between my daughter's carseat and stroller and all her gear, luggage for the four of us would not have fit into the car - hence my feeling about the con for the size of the car).

The process worked as expected and our bags arrived in our room about four hours after we landed at the airport.

Just wanted to chime in here for anyone who wanted to read about a real experience :goodvibes

The process worked as expected and our bags arrived in our room about four hours after we landed at the airport.

Thank you for posting your experience!
I have a friend that "might" pick me up at the airport...
I'm gonna tag my bags and wing it.
If I can get a ride and be able to grocery shop and
get lunch at PF Changs then hopefully my bags will
follow me to BCV!
4 days and we'll find out :)

We have an 8am flight out of MCO on 8/23 and also have a rental car. I am trying to determine if we can check in for our flight Sat night and give them our luggage and get our boarding passes....like 10pm so all we would have is a carry-on when we return the rental in the morning. Just trying to lighten our load..:cool1:..........oh by the way we are staying at POP and flying JB which is part of the program
Thanks

You can't do that. You can only use RAC and check your luggage through the day of your flight; you need to complete that at least three hours prior to departure. With an 8 AM flight, you won't be able to check your luggage through. You can use Magical Express, and you can check in for your flight at Guest Services at any park or at Lobby Concierge, up to 24 hours before your flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter